Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Saratoga jockey colony lock down (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=159324)

burnsy 07-15-2020 07:15 AM

Saratoga jockey colony lock down

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-rac...f-town-jockeys

You are either in or out. Jockeys can not ship in or ship out and return. Per NYRA and Jockey Guild

dilanesp 07-16-2020 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burnsy (Post 2631420)

You are either in or out. Jockeys can not ship in or ship out and return. Per NYRA and Jockey Guild

I am not a fan of NYRA running its meet there, but since they insist, this is a very good policy.

PaceAdvantage 07-16-2020 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilanesp (Post 2631735)
I am not a fan of NYRA running its meet there, but since they insist, this is a very good policy.

I thought Cuomo was the one calling the shots? Isn't that what you said months ago? It was all going to be up to Cuomo?

Now it's NYRA insisting? :pound:

So NYRA is calling the shots on whether or not they can race in Saratoga?

dilanesp 07-16-2020 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage (Post 2631742)
I thought Cuomo was the one calling the shots? Isn't that what you said months ago? It was all going to be up to Cuomo?

Now it's NYRA insisting? :pound:

So NYRA is calling the shots on whether or not they can race in Saratoga?

That's a silly comment. Obviously NYRA lobbied and pressed hard to put the people of upstate NY at risk. They could have run at Belmont, and nobody would have minded.

PaceAdvantage 07-16-2020 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilanesp (Post 2631770)
That's a silly comment.

More or less silly than your comments from the original "will Saratoga or won't Saratoga" thread?

dilanesp 07-16-2020 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage (Post 2631780)
More or less silly than your comments from the original "will Saratoga or won't Saratoga" thread?

My comments have stood up. NYRA was selfish and idiotic in pushing for a Saratoga meet, and now they are paying the cost for it.

the little guy 07-16-2020 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilanesp (Post 2631875)
My comments have stood up. NYRA was selfish and idiotic in pushing for a Saratoga meet, and now they are paying the cost for it.

I have to say, I really misjudged you. This is really unfair and nasty stuff. Your comments have stood up? You have been wrong about EVERYTHING related to this topic. Now you make nasty and accusatory comments towards NYRA? Shameful stuff.

PaceAdvantage 07-16-2020 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilanesp (Post 2631875)

what cost? increased handle?

dilanesp 07-17-2020 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the little guy (Post 2631985)
I have to say, I really misjudged you. This is really unfair and nasty stuff. Your comments have stood up? You have been wrong about EVERYTHING related to this topic. Now you make nasty and accusatory comments towards NYRA? Shameful stuff.

I have been completely right, and you would never publicly admit if NYRA were being selfish and dumb anyway. It would cost you your job. So you really aren't a legitimate interlocutor here.

dilanesp 07-17-2020 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage (Post 2632036)
what cost? increased handle?

They would have gotten more handle at Belmont where they wouldn't be losing trainers and horses.

Tom 07-17-2020 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilanesp (Post 2632086)
They would have gotten more handle at Belmont where they wouldn't be losing trainers and horses.

Doubtful.
Same rules would be going into effect as at Toga.
Same state, Mr. Mason.

Actually, maybe MORE strict at Belmont. My gut felling is since it was Toga, more people were willing to bend a bit an allow more ownership on track.

cj 07-17-2020 11:33 AM

Quote:

That is a pretty big stretch, handle was fabulous yesterday and certainly not at Belmont levels from the same time last week.

NTamm1215 07-17-2020 01:25 PM

Quote:

This is a dumb post. Even for you.

lamboguy 07-17-2020 01:41 PM

the jockeys are one thing. but catch Jonnathon Kinchen (the handicapper0, his shirts are great. i am going to have to try to get hold of him to find where he bought those things. i love them.

AndyC 07-17-2020 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burnsy (Post 2631420)

What about jockeys who have recovered from the virus? Are they excluded from the lockdown?