Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Belmont Opening RUMORED to be Memorial Day Weekend (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=157790)

Secondbest 05-01-2020 04:32 PM

Belmont Opening RUMORED to be Memorial Day Weekend

FWIW. Anthony Stabile on WfAN radio this morning. He said the big rumor on the backstretch is Belmont will open on Friday
May 22. We shall see.

PaceAdvantage 05-01-2020 05:38 PM

Of course it will be...

Anybody who thinks they won't be racing at Belmont and Saratoga this year is delusional.

dilanesp 05-01-2020 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage (Post 2596625)
Of course it will be...

Anybody who thinks they won't be racing at Belmont and Saratoga this year is delusional.

Well you are half right.

classhandicapper 05-01-2020 05:59 PM

Opening Belmont without fans makes WAY more sense to me than going to Saratoga. The horsemen, backstretch workers, and horses are already there. They are already located relatively to close to the center of the outbreak. There won't be much incremental risk or expense to open Belmont with any kind of solid plan for distancing, masks, etc.. for anyone else that is required to go there to put on the show, which I'm sure they have. Bring it on. I have a piece of a couple of horses that will be ready to roll in 4-6 weeks.

CheckMark 05-01-2020 06:10 PM

I'm still thinking a Saratoga at Belmont meet would be cool! Probably in my wildest dreams though :pound:

dilanesp 05-01-2020 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CheckMark (Post 2596646)
I'm still thinking a Saratoga at Belmont meet would be cool! Probably in my wildest dreams though :pound:

You will very likely get your wish, and/or Saratoga at Aqueduct.

cj 05-01-2020 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage (Post 2596625)
Of course it will be...

I added the rumored because it isn't official. The original poster used rumor so I added it in.

cj 05-01-2020 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilanesp (Post 2596647)
You will very likely get your wish, and/or Saratoga at Aqueduct.

I suspect you could be right, but you do really need to post it ad nauseum?

Tom 05-01-2020 06:35 PM

NOW, the important questions....

What about the Belmont?

Will Met Mile go back to Memorial Day Card....that would seem to be a card that will a perfect opportunity for BIG day of BIG races.

Will there be enough horses ready to run to fill BIG races?

Gee, talking racing again....whodathinkit? :p

Secondbest 05-01-2020 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by classhandicapper (Post 2596640)
Opening Belmont without fans makes WAY more sense to me than going to Saratoga. The horsemen, backstretch workers, and horses are already there. They are already located relatively to close to the center of the outbreak. There won't be much incremental risk or expense to open Belmont with any kind of solid plan for distancing, masks, etc.. for anyone else that is required to go there to put on the show, which I'm sure they have. Bring it on. I have a piece of a couple of horses that will be ready to roll in 4-6 weeks.

Except for a few days a year nobody goes to Belmont anyway.
So they might as well run.

classhandicapper 05-01-2020 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Secondbest (Post 2596672)
Except for a few days a year nobody goes to Belmont anyway.
So they might as well run.

I hear you. The place is massively underutilized.

I'm one of the guys that still goes on beautiful sunny days.

You can find me near the paddock looking at the horses for the upcoming race or sitting on a bench near the tote board in that area contemplating a bet. For me, a sunny day at Belmont in the back yard is like a brief glimpse of heaven. At 61 and retired last year, I'm not happy about not being able to enjoy this time the way I hoped.

the little guy 05-01-2020 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cj (Post 2596649)
I suspect you could be right, but you do really need to post it ad nauseum?

You got half of that right:-)

thaskalos 05-01-2020 07:32 PM

Dilanesp's knowledge knows no bounds. It spreads coast to coast. :ThmbUp:

Publius 05-01-2020 07:49 PM

Belmont Park Opening Day on Friday May 22nd will be a breath of fresh air for many. It will be a fantastic start to Memorial Day weekend.

Boomer 05-01-2020 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Publius (Post 2596710)
Belmont Park Opening Day on Friday May 22nd will be a breath of fresh air for many. It will be a fantastic start to Memorial Day weekend.

If people could only go there would be a massive crowd. Maybe they will loosen it up for Memorial Day.

Enough is enough with the mass isolation. I know NY has been hit hard, but still only a specific population. I went swimming in the Atlantic Ocean a few hours ago in Jax Beach......Legally!

Whe I get diagnosed for Corona...I'll let you all know before anyone else.

If Tampa Bay Downs let people in I would be there tomorrow. Starving for live racing!