Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Harness Racing (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Race 7 at yonkers last night (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=108765)

ishman17 11-30-2013 10:49 AM

Race 7 at yonkers last night

interesting exacta payout last night in race 7...33-1 on top of 9-1 only payed 85.00 for 2 bucks. needless to say the people there were going nuts with race fixing allegations...and im inclined to agree.

lamboguy 11-30-2013 11:21 AM

i highly doubt there is a case of race fixing. but there is some type of probability of bell wagering going on in Lexington, Kentucky. if you are that interested in finding out, call Yonkers and demand to know where the tickets were sold on that particular combination. if they refuse to tell you, have your lawyer call them and threaten them with a lawsuit. its your right to know where the tickets were punched, not who the winner's were though.

if they weren't punched at The Red Mile, i will give $100 in your name to the Salvation Army for this holiday season.

mrroyboy 11-30-2013 04:48 PM

That is very interesting. Of course my horse broke at the gate.

Phantombridgejumpe 12-01-2013 07:55 AM

???

You are kidding, about all this, right? right?

wiffleball whizz 12-01-2013 02:28 PM

Bump

ishman17 12-01-2013 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phantombridgejumpe
You are kidding, about all this, right? right?

nope, i could see this payout maybe if it was a sears/brennan combo....maybe...and even at that it's still to low. Pantaleano is a decent driver at places like freehold but he is not a top driver at yonkers. if the race was not fixed...which it may not of been....someone knew something at some point....the exacta pool was the only pool that was suspect as the win and the tri and the p4 pools were all right on. i did not bet this race so i did not get a chance to see the will pays for the exacta...i wish i did,i would be curious to see if that was the will pay for the 8/3 combo the whole time or if it changed to 85.00 right before the race....or after.

mrroyboy 12-01-2013 03:05 PM

Well the betting at Yonkers is very strange sometimes. I am not a conspiracy buff but sometimes you have to wonder.

wiffleball whizz 12-01-2013 03:07 PM

Not a fixed race especially on a Friday sat night with huge purses but a classic example of a open window somewhere

Can't be disputed

Phantombridgejumpe 12-01-2013 03:17 PM

Are you pulling an Al Gore - the debate is over when

you say it's over?

Someone could have bet their house number or their birthday or had
a hunch.

If you think the fix is in too often stop playing. If you think the
Red Mile is the culprit why call Yonkers? Why call anyone, what do you
realistically want to happen?

Maybe I take things in too casual a manner but some of
you are way too serious.

ishman17 12-01-2013 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phantombridgejumpe
you say it's over?

Someone could have bet their house number or their birthday or had
a hunch.

If you think the fix is in too often stop playing. If you think the
Red Mile is the culprit why call Yonkers? Why call anyone, what do you
realistically want to happen?

Maybe I take things in too casual a manner but some of
you are way too serious.

im sure there may of been a few of those people who played the 8/3 for the reasons you stated...however this combo had to be hammered hard to pay 85.00...you had 2 drivers who are ok but not great not to mention the 8 horse which most people dont use on top at yonkers unless it's a top flight horse. most people who play there house and or birthday play a 1 or 2 dollar exacta...not enough to really shrink the payout. i think whizz may be correct.

Phantombridgejumpe 12-01-2013 04:03 PM

Perhaps he is right...

But calling Yonkers about it seems silly.

Stillriledup 12-01-2013 04:59 PM

Lambo is right, you need to threaten YR with a lawsuit, that track only cares about slots and NOT about racing, no way they're going to spend a penny defending lawsuits on a horse racing matter.

I would love to know where the big bet came from.

Funny and ironic how Yonkers is owned by an NFL family and that same NFL is the driving force behind shooting down sports betting in NJ because betting is "bad" and hurts the NFL "Shield" according to the suits at the NFL offices.

baconswitchfarm 12-01-2013 06:32 PM

Open window and red mile might be to blame ?:bang:

The winning driver was thrown out previously for race fixing. The second place driver has been thrown out of multiple jurisdictions. The winning horse is trained by Lou pena who just is trying to get back in from being thrown out. You invite a table full of thieves to dinner and are stunned when your silverware goes missing. Stop giving these people their license back over and over again.

Stillriledup 12-01-2013 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baconswitchfarm
Open window and red mile might be to blame ?:bang:

The winning driver was thrown out previously for race fixing. The second place driver has been thrown out of multiple jurisdictions. The winning horse is trained by Lou pena who just is trying to get back in from being thrown out. You invite a table full of thieves to dinner and are stunned when your silverware goes missing. Stop giving these people their license back over and over again.

Thank you. Couldnt agree more.

Just a Fan 12-01-2013 11:41 PM

Just watched the replay. When the gate was rolling in the turn, the 8-3 was paying $646 while the 3-8 was paying $417. Obviously the 8-3 ended up paying $85, and the 3-8 would have paid $81 or $82. All of the other exactas with the 8 on top would have paid over $250.

Based on this, and the way the race began, I subscribe to the open window theory more than the fix theory. Must have been something like a $250 exacta box that was played late. We've seen this before. It shouldn't be that difficult to track down where and when it was played. But we'll never know if they even look at it. And if they don't even suggest that they are looking at it, this stuff will probably continue.

https://classic.ebetusa.com/probable...013112907.html