Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Paul Lo Duca leaves TVG (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=139378)

Andy Asaro 07-02-2017 08:18 PM

Paul Lo Duca leaves TVG

Wish him luck whatever he does.

GMB@BP 07-02-2017 08:19 PM

Nice guy...guess people will move on to the next guy to hate on.

whisperlunch 07-02-2017 09:36 PM

So Big head (Orange on a toothpick) is leaving?

Hmmm?

I think it's baseball related. Stay tuned. He is a cool dude 😎

ronsmac 07-02-2017 09:42 PM

I'm going to miss him. It was fun watching Paul, Todd and Simon together.

whisperlunch 07-02-2017 10:33 PM

I'm leaning towards upper management in MLB

lamboguy 07-02-2017 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy Asaro (Post 2191364)
Wish him luck whatever he does.

i 2nd that

Tom 07-03-2017 12:17 AM

NYRA has an empty chair now that the Mig is leaving.....
He could hit baseballs off the roof onto the inner turf course.

spiketoo 07-03-2017 10:13 AM

Couldn't care less. Like others have said they'll just get another klown to chatter with Schmeckel like they are on the View.

Honestly, any one of us here can do what he did on camera.

onefast99 07-03-2017 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whisperlunch (Post 2191388)
I'm leaning towards upper management in MLB

Always came up to our box during the "good" days at MP. One of the more diverse members of the TVG group.

Dahoss9698 07-03-2017 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiketoo (Post 2191429)
Honestly, any one of us here can do what he did on camera.

I doubt it.

Bullet Plane 07-03-2017 11:13 AM

Wow! That is terrible news for TVG.

He was the top handicapper on the show, in my opinion.

I really liked his insights.

spiketoo 07-03-2017 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dahoss9698 (Post 2191434)
I doubt it.

OK I'll qualify it then. I could. I can handicap races and tell you why I like a horse.

However, there are races I do pass so maybe you are correct.:rolleyes:

Andy Asaro 07-03-2017 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiketoo (Post 2191443)
OK I'll qualify it then. I could. I can handicap races and tell you why I like a horse.

However, there are races I do pass so maybe you are correct.:rolleyes:

Sometimes you have to fill air time and be somewhat entertaining. Not an easy job. I wouldn't want to do it.

NJ Stinks 07-03-2017 01:03 PM

I remember Paul and Todd had a rather nasty (especially for TVG on air folks) exchange working live at Keeneland this spring. A horse won a race at around 7-5 by about 5 lengths. For whatever reason Paul immediately said that horse would never win another race. Todd retorted with something about what didn't Paul like? It was obviously as dominant a win as one can expect by the favorite or something like that, says Todd. Things got worse (nastier) between the two in this exchange and the next thing you know they are off the air for two hours before returning before the end of the card that day.

I thought to myself when it happened that I can fully understand hanging around with Todd for any length of time could drive anybody crazy. But Todd seems to be untouchable at TVG and Paul dissing Todd on the air was not the best move ever made by "the four time all-star". (Please note Todd still may not be able to stop saying that ad nauseam! :rolleyes: )

Anyway, anybody else remember that exchange between the two at Keeneland this spring? Do you think I misremembered above?

Andy Asaro 07-03-2017 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJ Stinks (Post 2191452)
I remember Paul and Todd had a rather nasty (especially for TVG on air folks) exchange working live at Keeneland this spring. A horse won a race at around 7-5 by about 5 lengths. For whatever reason Paul immediately said that horse would never win another race. Todd retorted with something about what didn't Paul like? It was obviously as dominant a win as one can expect by the favorite or something like that, says Todd. Things got worse (nastier) between the two in this exchange and the next thing you know they are off the air for two hours before returning before the end of the card that day.

I thought to myself when it happened that I can fully understand hanging around with Todd for any length of time could drive anybody crazy. But Todd seems to be untouchable at TVG and Paul dissing Todd on the air was not the best move ever made by the "the four time all-star". (Please note Todd still may not be able to stop saying that ad nauseam! :rolleyes: )

Anyway, anybody else remember that exchange between the two at Keeneland this spring? Do you think I misremembered above?

Certain people are untouchable but that's what I liked about Paul. There are certain people who call them when they don't like what they say and tell them no more interviews for the network if they do it again. Maybe he'll open up about it if he lands a job in baseball.