Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Handicapping Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Brad Thomas On Fire At Monmouth (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73874)

DeoVolente 08-11-2010 10:15 AM

Anyone know what happened to Marc Siegelaub?

RunForTheRoses 08-11-2010 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeoVolente
Anyone know what happened to Marc Siegelaub?

Not sure, the column I was referring to was in NY Newsday.

When I worked at Monmouth I used to see him place wagers, about $50 in say $10 Win bets, probably not his own but who knows (that is he would place them all at once so he was probably putting them in for a friend or relative but who knows maybe he was just into focusing on the gig). He seemed like a cool guy.

That same room (2nd Flr Grandstand sort of teletheatre) Juan Serey could light up the bets. This was when he was a top trainer, I hope there's nothing wrong with revealing this, he seemed like a cool guy, no airs, often had his family with him.

Canarsie 09-06-2010 06:10 PM

I just got off the phone with Brad Thomas he was near my friend. What a nice tremendous guy he spent a few minutes with me. I told him about all the kind words said about him here and he said thanks to all.

Then my friend tells me he's still studying charts right at the moment. :ThmbUp:

Robert Goren 09-06-2010 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by exiles
Old news for those of us who follow the N.J circuit, Brad.Thomas has been giving out live horses for the last 20 years,(maybe longer) both at Monmouth. and The Meadowlands, probably the best handicapper in the USA.

The best public handicapper, maybe. Only the IRS knows who is really the best Handicapper in the US is and they aren't suppose to tell.

macdiarmida 09-07-2010 01:41 AM

Not meaning to steal Brad's thunder, but Vic Stauffer also had some big years when he was race caller and public handicapper for some of the NorCal fairs some years back.

eastie 09-07-2010 09:44 AM

wow Macdiarmida he was awesome to watch win on the turf, disaster in the breeding shed though.