Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   This doesn't sound good (for Servis and Navarro) (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=156824)

Blenheim 03-09-2020 11:59 AM

Underneath the radar . . .

How did all this doping go undetected by the testing labs?

~

Maybe these indictments will give impetus to the Horse Racing Integrity Act. Last I read the Act had a 4% chance of passing.

cj 03-09-2020 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blenheim (Post 2571242)

~

Maybe these indictments will give impetus to the Horse Racing Integrity Act. Last I read the Act had a 4% chance of passing . . .

They make new stuff that isn't tested for to stay out of trouble. Read the indictments when you have a few hours. It is ugly.

Irishfever 03-09-2020 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blenheim (Post 2571242)

~

Maybe these indictments will give impetus to the Horse Racing Integrity Act. Last I read the Act had a 4% chance of passing . . .

Because they are synthetic analogues. Many labs knew something was there but they couldnt call a positive with the way the rules are written. Thats why jurisdictions need to group families of drugs ie fentanyl carfentanil morphine derive from same chain.

That way if Mr. Underground Basement lab concocts a customized PED similar yet different to substance x. its still a positive.

Also labs only screen for "x" number of substances in any given test due to the cost but I think that is changing as testing costs come down.

Mulerider 03-09-2020 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cj (Post 2571235)
How disturbing is it that Servis and Navarro seem chummy and shared info?

The indictment says that Navarro personally injected X Y Jet with PEDs fifty times "in the weeks leading up to, and on the day of, the race in Dubai."

X Y Jet, of course, died of "an apparent heart attack" on Jan. 8, 2020.

Navarro needs to be in jail for a long, long time.

thaskalos 03-09-2020 12:25 PM

And the poor misguided horseplayer keeps re-adjusting his speed/pace figures in order to cope with these sudden form reversals. :rolleyes:

cj 03-09-2020 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thaskalos (Post 2571253)
And the poor misguided horseplayer keeps re-adjusting his speed/pace figures in order to deal with these sudden form reversals. :rolleyes:

No adjustments needed, just make them really high :)

Immortal6 03-09-2020 12:28 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Couple of highlights “lowlights” from the indictment. Just a disgusting read through if you have the time. Details how he killed XY Jet by juicing him 50 times and how Servis gave Max Sec SGF-1000 and bribed a vet essentially to say it was a false positive for a different drug.

Appy 03-09-2020 12:30 PM

Results over the past 2-3 months make me think there has been a surge in nefarious usage recently. I want to see every one of the cheaters caught and banned for life.

cj 03-09-2020 12:31 PM

EDITOR'S NOTE: I WAS TRYING TO EDIT A TWEET THAT CJ POSTED FROM NAVARRO'S ACCOUNT BECAUSE IT WASN'T SHOWING UP...APPARENTLY, HE DELETED HIS TWITTER ACCOUNT...LMAO

Psychotic Parakeet 03-09-2020 12:34 PM

One must wonder if Coolmore will back out of their stud deal with Maximum Security? I imagine this whole situation more likely made a major impact on his worth as a stallion.

thaskalos 03-09-2020 12:35 PM

Guys...we are talking here about juicing some of the best horses in the country. If these limelight trainers are committing these crimes...can you imagine what the low-level trainers, who are struggling to survive, are doing out there? Can you fathom what these $5,000 claimers must be going through?

Mulerider 03-09-2020 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thaskalos (Post 2571264)
Guys...we are talking here about juicing some of the best horses in the country. If these limelight trainers are committing these crimes...can you imagine what the low-level trainers, who are struggling to survive, are doing out there? Can you fathom what these $5,000 claimers must be going through?

And in jurisdictions that don't give a rat's ass?

thaskalos 03-09-2020 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cj (Post 2571259)

How this pig is still training horses is beyond me.

classhandicapper 03-09-2020 12:40 PM

I'm a little surprised there aren't a few more famous names on that list. Maybe they have better lawyers.

cutchemist42 03-09-2020 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thaskalos (Post 2571264)

Part of me wonders though if you need certain amount of wealth to afford this level of sophisticated doping? Would low level trainers be able to operate something like that is listed?