Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Handicapping Library (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   ??? NEW RPM CATALOG ???? (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37732)

Maji 07-20-2007 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Secretariat
I was just curious. There is a guy named Dave Venturo who got a bunch of 9 ratings from Phillips newsletter. I ran some of his methods which underperformed the claims (what a shock huh?). Connections Handicapping, JOT system, Quick Pick Winners, Solid Gold Handicapping, KISS Handicapping, Consenus Overlay, etc.

I was wondering what others success with this guy was, and whether Dave Venturo and Dave Powers were the same guy.

I have bought stuff from both the Daves, and I don't think they are the same person, atleast their mailing addresses are from two different parts of the country. By the way, the results are the same, ie, pathetic, for systems sold by both. However, I have to say, it gave me some new ideas to experiment with.

Dave Schwartz 07-20-2007 04:27 PM

Quote:

I have bought stuff from both the Daves...

Hey, do you think when something like this is posted we could buy a vowel or something? I mean, it's tough enough being me as it is.

:D

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

Bill Olmsted 07-20-2007 05:00 PM

The Two Daves.....Takes me waaaaaaaaaaaay back.

lsosa54 07-20-2007 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Secretariat
and whether Dave Venturo and Dave Powers were the same guy.

Methinks Clint Tracy might be a bit jealous or confused if it were so........:bang:

Secretariat 07-20-2007 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Schwartz
Hey, do you think when something like this is posted we could buy a vowel or something? I mean, it's tough enough being me as it is.

:D

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

Another Dave? Is this Dave Powers? or what about Dave Venturo? Just kidding. :lol: :lol: :lol:

dutchboy 07-20-2007 10:15 PM

DMR R3 July 19, 2007Only qualified horse on odds and type finish was the 7 who paid 133.80
Paceline 3 back on 6-29-07 showed these points of call:

6,4 : 6,4: 3,3 : finished 2nd 2.5 lgs back. If the paceline is correct the horse ran basically the same speed in the race as the winner in the last part of the race. Did not lose or gain more than one position. Did not lose or gain more than 1 length.

Wed and Thurs there were 14 qualified horses at Del Mar. 3 won and they paid 133.80 : 31.60 : 40.60

Today Friday the #1 in race 2 was the only qualiier and ran 2nd at 12-1 Races 4,5,7 have no qualifiers. R7 has not run but it odds are low. R6 too many qualified.

Kelso 07-20-2007 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dutchboy
R6 too many qualified.

DB,
Does the system specify an outside number, or percentage, of qualifiers in a race beyond which the race itself is disqualified?

Also, you wrote that specific finishing position doesn't matter ... "could have been second or 10th." How about a winning race? I've seen several over the past few days where a horse "qualifies" only if a winning race (among prior three) is counted.

Thank you.

dutchboy 07-21-2007 06:52 AM

Does not seem what the finish position was of the paceline considered as long as the last two points of call showed an even finish. Ex: won the race or finished 6th. I have seen examples where a horse wins the last race and wins again at big odds as long as it did not win by more than 1 position or win by more than 1 lenghth.

Not sure what to do if too many horses qualify in a race. Can't bet them all and perhaps too many qualified on odds because the favorite is too good or it is a strange race. I have never been sure of the accuracy of lenghts behind in a paceline. Why would the chartmaker be concerned about the accuracy of a horse beaten by over 6 lengths?

Biggest problem may be playing thru the long losing streaks of no longshots or not being there when they do win. Of course if it was a great money making system why would it have ever been sold for 35.00

lsosa54 07-21-2007 09:39 PM

You can add Gasin The Turbo in today's 5th at DMR to the list - $124.00 cool ones.

Quote:

Does not seem what the finish position was of the paceline considered as long as the last two points of call showed an even finish. Ex: won the race or finished 6th. I have seen examples where a horse wins the last race and wins again at big odds as long as it did not win by more than 1 position or win by more than 1 lenghth.

Not sure what to do if too many horses qualify in a race. Can't bet them all and perhaps too many qualified on odds because the favorite is too good or it is a strange race. I have never been sure of the accuracy of lenghts behind in a paceline. Why would the chartmaker be concerned about the accuracy of a horse beaten by over 6 lengths?

Biggest problem may be playing thru the long losing streaks of no longshots or not being there when they do win. Of course if it was a great money making system why would it have ever been sold for 35.00

dutchboy 07-22-2007 09:37 AM

Also add from R9 at Colonial saturday. The 1 million g2 virg derby. 2 horses qualified and one of them won and paid 76.00 Seems wierd how the horse can pay 76.00 just based on past odds. The horse was the fav in each of the past 4 races. Basically even money in each of those 4 races. Pletcher trained. 15-1 ML

BeatTheChalk 07-23-2007 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pell Mell
That's the problem with backfitting in that manner. You don't know how many qualifers there were in any given race.

Reminds me of when I bought my first Town Car, I never knew there were so many till I started looking for them.

Absolutely right !!! When I bought my first Rolls ...same thing
happened to me :lol: Just kidding ... Your idea seems to work
more times than not. Even this : A person tells you that they
just bought a certain car. All of sudden ..VOILA ! cheers
Earl aka BTC

Maji 07-23-2007 08:41 AM

After reading these postings, I went back and looked at some old PPs to see how this system works. It is really a very nice long shot system and when it hits it hands some very nice prices. However, there can be extended periods of drawdowns too. Anyway, my manual testing of 25+ cards drew inconclusive results, as the number of races were small. The ROI was slightly negative. Can any of the database wizards run a check on this system and see if it has a positive ROI in the long run?

Thanks.

dutchboy 07-25-2007 06:48 PM

FYI,

I do know how many qualifiers are in the races since they are listed in an excel worksheet I keep. No backfitting is involved.

Hosshead 07-25-2007 07:34 PM

Quote:

Also add from R9 at Colonial saturday. The 1 million g2 virg derby. 2 horses qualified and one of them won and paid 76.00 Seems wierd how the horse can pay 76.00 just based on past odds. The horse was the fav in each of the past 4 races. Basically even money in each of those 4 races. Pletcher trained. 15-1 ML

Gee, I had that (P.A.Downs) horse without even using a system.
Not counting that rusty old contraption in my head. ;)

jwel14 03-10-2009 05:09 PM

new RPM catalog

Don't know if Dave and Clint are the same person or not.
All i know is that I used one of their pen and paper systems on three races one day. I did a $1.00 three horse exacta box in each race. The first race, I got a $21.50 exacta. Missed the second. In the third race, I got a $471.50 exacta. My only regret is that I didn't play a $2.00 exacta.