Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic - General (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Fly the friendly skies (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=137648)

Clocker 04-10-2017 03:14 PM

Fly the friendly skies

A doctor was dragged kicking and screaming from a United flight after being told that he was being bumped to make room for United employees who "needed" to be on the flight. Four passengers already on the plane were chosen at random to be bumped. Three left voluntarily, but the doctor refused to leave, saying that he needed to see patients in the morning.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-04-10/doctor-dragged-united-plane-after-computer-solves-overbooking-problem

johnhannibalsmith 04-10-2017 03:27 PM

Reason #787 not to ever get near an airport much less on an airplane.

JustRalph 04-10-2017 04:38 PM

The airline business is a shitty endeavor

chadk66 04-10-2017 06:39 PM

This will probably get some congressional attention now. Why didn't they ask for another volunteer?

johnhannibalsmith 04-10-2017 07:04 PM

Some forum crossover since I have an excuse to see if the tweet thing works for me:

Clocker 04-10-2017 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chadk66 (Post 2151148)
This will probably get some congressional attention now. Why didn't they ask for another volunteer?

They had already asked and got no volunteers. The article says United offered $400 and then $800, but I assume that meant that much in credit for travel, not in cash. Big deal. It's a crappy airline and they think offering more flights on United is an incentive?

I assume United was within their legal rights to put the guy off the plane, but they sure were stupid in how they handled it.

So what are the odds that the doctor is going to have some major injuries after he thinks it over? Not to mention PTSD. :D

thaskalos 04-10-2017 07:36 PM

A DOCTOR, asked to surrender his seat to a "United employee"? To a CIA or an FBI employee, yes...but, COME ON. I thought "the customer is KING".

Clocker 04-10-2017 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thaskalos (Post 2151166)
A DOCTOR, asked to surrender his seat to a "United employee"? To a CIA or an FBI employee, yes...but, COME ON. I thought "the customer is KING".

Apparently it was a United flight crew needed in Louisville for a flight the next day. But nobody at United figured that out until this plane was fully boarded and ready to go?

Classic BS quote from the United CEO: "I apologize for having to re-accommodate these customers." Re-accommodate! :pound:

The security guard that dragged the guy off the plane has been thrown to the wolves. Oops, I mean put on leave pending investigation.

johnhannibalsmith 04-10-2017 08:18 PM

Seems silly to give security a hard time. You call them for what? You've tried to talk people into leaving voluntarily and didn't get anywhere. So you go to the next step. Which is? Getting someone to force people off the plane. So the guy did the job that was expected of him, I assume? I didn't read that he was some kind of hostage negotiator. Somehow United will try to spin this into them quickly and confidently addressing the problem by shitcanning the employee that did what they expected him to do.

JustRalph 04-10-2017 08:29 PM

kingfin66 04-10-2017 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustRalph (Post 2151185)

I am not even going to waste my time with that link. As much as I see many tenuous arguments about many things, there is no way I can image who it would be Trump's fault. I don't suppose that the person who was dragged off the flight was a Sikh or a Muslim, or a member of some other protected group?

Clocker 04-10-2017 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingfin66 (Post 2151187)
I am not even going to waste my time with that link. As much as I see many tenuous arguments about many things, there is no way I can image who it would be Trump's fault. I don't suppose that the person who was dragged off the flight was a Sikh or a Muslim, or a member of some other protected group?

He was Chinese, the first victim of the Trump/Bannon trade wars. :p

JustRalph 04-11-2017 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingfin66 (Post 2151187)

Come on.......you gotta read it......it's an Actor

barahona44 04-11-2017 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustRalph (Post 2151221)

Ronald Reagan?:D

kingfin66 04-11-2017 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustRalph (Post 2151221)

OMG - 'Sulu' is blaming Trump for this. Madness.