Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Ask Andy Beyer (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=151605)

The Captain 04-16-2019 06:20 AM

Ask Andy Beyer

https://promos.drf.com/beyer

Beyer resource page email Beyer quesions via email askbeyer@drf.com:ThmbUp:

classhandicapper 04-16-2019 08:15 AM

It looks like they've done a really good job expanding on the Beyer Par information.

The Top Beyer info is also nice.

Tom 04-16-2019 09:08 AM

I stumbled onto those pars by accident - yes, much improved.:ThmbUp:

Still, can't help but wonder why so many races in the form have no Beyer par listed.

dilanesp 04-16-2019 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom (Post 2453213)

Still, can't help but wonder why so many races in the form have no Beyer par listed.

To have a good par time you need a large sample of races at that condition, surface, and usually distance.

classhandicapper 04-16-2019 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom (Post 2453213)

They have an internal system where the PARs are entered by the Beyer team. That's probably the source for the newspaper also. Now that they have a much improved PAR report, it may be a matter of time before the newspaper gets updated also, but I don't know that.

I like the Ask Beyer and Jerardi columns. As long as they are willing to take the time to explain some of the nuances of figures and specific races, that's a plus for horse players.

PaceAdvantage 04-16-2019 11:31 AM

Damn Arrogate had to get a 122 Beyer...otherwise...Holy Bull would share with no other 3yo on that list....

JeremyJet 04-16-2019 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilanesp (Post 2453230)
To have a good par time you need a large sample of races at that condition, surface, and usually distance.

Right. But you would think they have that covered based on the data provided in this thread.

Just about every race indicates "pars not available" when you print the form off the website. I'm not certain, but I think the print edition of the form is better at providing this information.

Suff 04-16-2019 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilanesp (Post 2453230)

True. But the question still applies.

Quote:

Among the possible answers is that racing secretaries...blah blah.. killed condition/class as a usable handicapping feature.

classhandicapper 04-16-2019 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage (Post 2453277)
Damn Arrogate had to get a 122 Beyer...otherwise...Holy Bull would share with no other 3yo on that list....

Holy Bull was all over that list. :ThmbUp:

Tom 04-16-2019 01:16 PM

I am able to calculate pars for just about every race from my own DB.

If I had access to DRF's db.........:cool:

JeremyJet 04-16-2019 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom (Post 2453326)
I am able to calculate pars for just about every race from my own DB.

If I had access to DRF's db.........:cool:

Exactly.

ronsmac 04-16-2019 02:57 PM

1997. The year of the giant beyers.

Robert Fischer 04-16-2019 04:42 PM

I hope Mr. Beyer is doing well, and is able to participate in some Derby discussions.

Tom 04-17-2019 11:38 PM

Andy contacted Mike and asked him to relay to Class and that we should submit the questions about lack of pars, so I did tonight.

Nice to know he reads us and reached out!
Class Act!!!

I will post link to his reply.

jocko699 04-18-2019 12:04 AM

Not a big fan of his numbers but really like that he takes the time to answer questions. This to me embodies a class act!!!!