Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic - General (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   2012 presidential election odds (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96700)

horses4courses 08-16-2012 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamboguy
there has been a little bit of a betting surge in the last few days.

the odds have gone up from the Democrat -$180 to the Democrat -$200.

Thegreek.com is where i am quoting my prices from. as far as i know Spiro is pretty large and very reputable. i don't know if he is bigger than the ones that have been mentioned on this thread, all i know is that he has been doing this for the past 20 years offshore.

The Greek is a major player.
Always quick to post lines - they've been around forever.

Valuist 08-16-2012 03:14 PM

It will be interesting to see when Bookmaker.eu posts their numbers. They have a lot of US accounts; while I believe the UK books are great at setting lines for events like the Arlington Million and BC turf races, they primarily have European customers so its likely they have a biased opinion in favor of the Euro-friendly Obama.

Bill Hill: Obama 2-5 Romney 7-4. Sorry but IMO thats the worst 2-5 shot I've ever seen. Come "post time" I suspect that line will come in, at least at a shop like Bookmaker where the clientele are more familiar with both candidates.

Bettowin 08-16-2012 03:43 PM

Bovada has:

2012 US Presidential Election - Winning Party 9:00p Democratic Party -210
Republican Party +170

lamboguy 08-16-2012 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valuist
It will be interesting to see when Bookmaker.eu posts their numbers. They have a lot of US accounts; while I believe the UK books are great at setting lines for events like the Arlington Million and BC turf races, they primarily have European customers so its likely they have a biased opinion in favor of the Euro-friendly Obama.

Bill Hill: Obama 2-5 Romney 7-4. Sorry but IMO thats the worst 2-5 shot I've ever seen. Come "post time" I suspect that line will come in, at least at a shop like Bookmaker where the clientele are more familiar with both candidates.

a friend of mine just told me that Bookmaker has the line -$220 over the phone.

i am going to give the greek the respect on this line, they take the biggest bite.

it looks like they are loaded with Republican money

lamboguy 08-24-2012 06:40 PM

as of today, August 24 thegreek.com new line for this election:

Democrats -$210-$100

Republicans $100-$175

lamboguy 08-27-2012 09:53 PM

checked odds today and saw that thegreek.com had this election off the boards.

i checked with BETCRIS.com and they had it up at Democrat -$190 Republican +$160

wider spread, but according to them shifting towards the Republican.

no question in my mind, if i could get down i would be taking the +$170 for some large change. i think this election is going to flip-flop going forward.

horses4courses 08-27-2012 10:23 PM

Quote:

checked odds today and saw that thegreek.com had this election off the boards.

i checked with BETCRIS.com and they had it up at Democrat -$190 Republican +$160

wider spread, but according to them shifting towards the Republican.

no question in my mind, if i could get down i would be taking the +$170 for some large change. i think this election is going to flip-flop going forward.

Fly to London, lambo
Plenty of books will give you +175 on the Republicans for 5-10K a pop.

horses4courses 08-28-2012 12:32 PM

Odds differential

What's interesting to me is the fact that the best generally available odds you can get on the Republicans winning is +175.
Yet, you can bet on Mitt Romney being the next president at +187 with quite a few books.

That's quite an odds differential for six of one, and a half dozen of the other.

lamboguy 08-28-2012 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horses4courses
What's interesting to me is the fact that the best generally available odds you can get on the Republicans winning is +175.
Yet, you can bet on Mitt Romney being the next president at +187 with quite a few books.

That's quite an odds differential for six of one, and a half dozen of the other.

its like betting a baseball game where you name the pitchers and both of them have to start otherwise you got no action.

if i was betting on the democrats, i would much rather be betting on that entry instead of Obama, he is a beatable candidate against Romney, Hillary can't miss against anyone the other side puts up.

Valuist 08-28-2012 01:08 PM

Quote:

if i was betting on the democrats, i would much rather be betting on that entry instead of Obama, he is a beatable candidate against Romney, Hillary can't miss against anyone the other side puts up.

If Obama wins this election and the economy goes deeper into the toilet, she won't have a chance in 2016. Ryan will crush her. Her best chance is if Romney/Ryan win now, but if the economy still is struggling by 2016.

lamboguy 08-28-2012 01:09 PM

thegreek.com is back up with the democrats -$210-$100

Valuist 08-28-2012 01:12 PM

Quote:

thegreek.com is back up with the democrats -$175-$100

Look where the money is moving. The William Hill and other UK bookmaker's odds were a joke. They should stick to horse racing and soccer. Things they are knowledgable about.

lamboguy 08-28-2012 01:16 PM

Quote:

Look where the money is moving. The William Hill and other UK bookmaker's odds were a joke. They should stick to horse racing and soccer. Things they are knowledgable about.

i made a mistake posting before

horses4courses 08-28-2012 02:34 PM

Quote:

Yeah, they've only been doing business legally for over 80 years.... :rolleyes:
The only thing that moves that line is money, and they are taking it on both sides.

If they lack knowledge with betting on politics, their doors are open 7 days a week for the likes of you to stick it to them.

lamboguy 08-28-2012 06:23 PM

as of 6:00 p.m.

Democrats are down to -$185- $100

Republicans $100- $165

someone must have come in with $100,000 to win on the Republicans