Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Heart Procedure (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=168799)

mountainman 01-23-2022 08:38 PM

Heart Procedure

Apologies for imposing non-racing info on this forum. but the people who expressed concern about my heart procedure tend to post here.

I underwent cardiac ablation fri morning. Most commonly, this "operation" takes about an hour, but because my heart is somewhat enlarged from a long-standing affliction, I spent three hours plus on the table.

I came through it ok, and am happy to now know I've never suffered a "silent" heart attack or developed risky blockages.

As to the ablation, my cardiologist affords me an about 60-70% chance of the procedure having worked. If I do slip back out of sinus rhythm, he reassured me of other more extreme types of ablation that WILL get the job done.

I feel strong and in sinus right now.

CheckMark 01-23-2022 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mountainman (Post 2781970)
Apologies for imposing non-racing info on this forum. but the people who expressed concern about my heart procedure tend to post here.

I underwent cardiac ablation fri morning. Most commonly, this "operation" takes about an hour, but because my heart is somewhat enlarged from a long-standing affliction, I spent three hours plus on the table.

I came through it ok, and am happy to now know I've never suffered a "silent" heart attack or developed risky blockages.

As to the ablation, my cardiologist affords me an about 60-70% chance of the procedure having worked. If I do slip back out of sinus rhythm, he reassured me of other more extreme types of ablation that WILL get the job done.

I feel strong and in sinus right now.

Great to hear! Stay strong my friend! :headbanger:

PaceAdvantage 01-23-2022 08:43 PM

Good to hear Mark. Glad things went well, and fingers crossed this procedure is a permanent fix! :ThmbUp:

Boomer 01-23-2022 09:46 PM

All the best Mark. I always figured you for a big hearted guy.

I just hope you are not a KC fan watching this Buffalo match-up. I imagine there may be a bunch of KC fans undergoing heart ablation tonight.

( well maybe not....KC just sent it into OT)

All the best. Looking forward to the next Mountain meet and your commentary.

NEVER MIND MAKE THOSE BUFFALO FANS....THIS WAS LIKE WATCHING TWO THOROBREDS REFUSE TO LOSE DOWN THE LANE.

ranchwest 01-23-2022 09:58 PM

Very good to hear, Mark! So many of us hope you're around for a long time! Best to you!

Robert Fischer 01-23-2022 10:33 PM

Wow! Good to hear. Seems like your doctor knows your heart very well. Hopefully this did it.

Dave Schwartz 01-23-2022 10:53 PM

Be well and get vertical again soon.

Elkchester Road 01-23-2022 11:08 PM

That is great to hear Mark. Thank you for the update. Take it as easy as you can...and get well soon. :)

proximity 01-24-2022 02:31 AM

get well soon!!

MJC922 01-24-2022 06:24 AM

We don't have enough handicappers remaining with the passion for the game that you clearly have. Be well!

JustRalph 01-24-2022 06:40 AM

Mark, get well!

Let’s hope those short circuits are fixed!

Look forward my friend!

Tom 01-24-2022 09:22 AM

Mark, good to hear!
Stay strong.

sharkey11 01-24-2022 10:30 AM

best of luck sir get well fast :headbanger:

classhandicapper 01-24-2022 11:02 AM

Great news! Get well soon.

JeremyJet 01-24-2022 01:37 PM

I just looked at this race and MOUNTAINMAN looks tough to beat.

MOUNTAINMAN to win ... at any price. 😁