Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic - General (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   COVID-19 VACCINATION PROGRAM (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=161882)

Redboard 12-01-2020 06:52 PM

COVID-19 VACCINATION PROGRAM

Do you intend to get the COVID-19 vaccine when available? And what category of phase do you fall into?

The CDC was supposed to define three “Phases” of distribution and specify who are is in each phase but after Phase 1a(Health care personnel and residents of long-term care facilities), it’s a very fuzzy definition. They made a few attempts but I think they’re having problems with pissing some people off. They came out today and announced that the health care personnel and residents of long-term care facilities are going to get it first and said nothing else
(https://nypost.com/2020/12/01/cdc-pa...2810-720669482).

Anyway here are my phases for the purpose of this poll:

Phase 1: Health care personnel and residents of long-term care facilities
Phase 2: Essential workers, those with high-risk medical conditions, adults 65+, racial minority groups, incarcerated in prison, homeless in group shelters.
Phase 3: Everyone else including healthy adults under 65.

Fred Mertz 12-01-2020 08:15 PM

I said no, since I'm incarcerated and a racial minority.

I will say that I'll likely be hesitant and reluctant to rush for a goobermint vaccine at first. If it doesn't kill too many people, I may take the plunge. I'll watch and see.

boxcar 12-01-2020 08:21 PM

No, thanks, no vaccines for me. Those who take it will be protected from those who don't. So...nothing to worry about for vaccine fans. :coffee:

Dahoss9698 12-01-2020 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boxcar (Post 2680101)
No, thanks, no vaccines for me. Those who take it will be protected from those who don't. So...nothing to worry about for vaccine fans. :coffee:

Are you anti vaccine in general or just this one?

boxcar 12-01-2020 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dahoss9698 (Post 2680105)

Yes, in general. I'm particular about what goes into my gorgeous, muscular, athletic body. :popcorn:

Dahoss9698 12-01-2020 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boxcar (Post 2680124)
Yes, in general. I'm particular about what goes into my gorgeous, muscular, athletic body. :popcorn:

Explains a lot thanks!

davew 12-01-2020 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dahoss9698 (Post 2680105)

how many vaccines do you take?

Dahoss9698 12-01-2020 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davew (Post 2680145)
how many vaccines do you take?

Is this more of that patented humor you’re known for?

davew 12-01-2020 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dahoss9698 (Post 2680147)
Is this more of that patented humor you’re known for?

nope, just curious

linked page has 17 common diseases CDC recommends vaccinating for and another 9 in specific situations. I suspect most people reading this are current in less than a third.

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vpd/vaccines-diseases.html

hcap 12-02-2020 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boxcar (Post 2680124)

Is perhaps your lack of clear honest thinking about your body, affecting your decision?

lamboguy 12-02-2020 04:09 AM

some of the reasons why people in other countries throughout the world are jealous of us is because we have constantly gone above the call of duty in respect to various studies, research and space exploration programs.

if you believe you live in the best country in the world, and are certain that the decisions that are made by our leaders has only our best interests at heart, you then get this vaccination. if you don't, you step back and reason things out in your mind.

when it came to the Polio vaccine, Elvis Pressley went on the Ed Sullivan show at the time, rolled up his sleeve and was given the shot in front of millions of people with a smile on his face.

FakeNameChanged 12-02-2020 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamboguy (Post 2680199)
some of the reasons why people in other countries throughout the world are jealous of us is because we have constantly gone above the call of duty in respect to various studies, research and space exploration programs.

if you believe you live in the best country in the world, and are certain that the decisions that are made by our leaders has only our best interests at heart, you then get this vaccination. if you don't, you step back and reason things out in your mind.

when it came to the Polio vaccine, Elvis Pressley went on the Ed Sullivan show at the time, rolled up his sleeve and was given the shot in front of millions of people with a smile on his face.

For the record, I'll take the vaccine, since my wife is a very high risk candidate. But I've known several people firsthand, who've suffered polio, one was my best friend, a girl cousin, also a neighbor girl who lived four houses down the street from us.

We were mandated to get the polio vaccine in order to attend public schools, the only other vaccines we've recd was the flu vaccine, diptheria,and whooping cough. If the measles, mumps and chickenpox vaccines had been available, I'd have gotten all of them, since I had all three of them.

tucker6 12-02-2020 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fred Mertz (Post 2680097)
I said no, since I'm incarcerated and a racial minority.

I will say that I'll likely be hesitant and reluctant to rush for a goobermint vaccine at first. If it doesn't kill too many people, I may take the plunge. I'll watch and see.

The ACLU is fighting for inmates to become a priority vaccination group. Right after illegals.

Redboard 12-02-2020 10:15 AM

One problem with phases for the entire country, I believe, is they'll have to take into account how endemic a location is. States like Vermont and Maine are still relatively low. Should a senior in Newark, NJ get the vaccine before one in Vermont?

Do we know how long this vaccine is supposed to last? The CDC claims that the flu vaccine lasts six months. But one only gets the flu vaccine during flu season. At this point the COVID season seems to be all year round. The CDC also claims that the flu shot might not protect you from the flu but will alleviate symptoms(such as save your life) should you get the flu even though vaccinated. Will they be claiming the same thing here?

My wife and I intend to get vaccinated as soon as possible. I had to spend a whole summer in the furnace called Florida. Hope I don't have to do that again.

Ocala Mike 12-02-2020 11:23 AM

I'm volunteering for the Novavax clinical trial which should be starting up in the US shortly. They are on the verge of completing Phase 3 in the UK now, with results due soon.

There's also a chance, however, that the FDA may accept the UK data and waive a US trial before issuing an EUA for their vaccine.