Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Santa Anita Race 4 5/18 (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=138462)

SuperPickle 05-18-2017 05:47 PM

Santa Anita Race 4 5/18

So not sure anyone saw today's 4th at SA.

So two minutes to post the :7: was 6-1. Golden Gate shipper, first time dirt, coming off a speed and duel and fade.

First time dirt and blinkers today suddenly the horse takes money. Big money. From 6-1 to 3-1 in 2-3 minutes. Hit again during load to 5-2.

Clears the field out of the gate. Opens five on the turn. Never really a anxious moment.

And Wrona was all over it. If you watch the replay He talks about the big money the last "3-4 minutes" on the load. During the call he references "some big wagers" and that he was "bet like he couldn't lose."

Someone or some people made a huge score.

EasyGoer89 05-18-2017 05:52 PM

They even pulled the ole fake-out bridle adjustment at the gate to make you think something was wrong! Genius!

SuperPickle 05-18-2017 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EasyGoer89 (Post 2170843)
They even pulled the ole fake-out bridle adjustment at the gate to make you think something was wrong! Genius!

It wasn't that I believe they added a shadow roll at the gate. I didn't get it. Was the horse suppose to have it on the whole time or are we now added them at the gate?

Jeff P 05-18-2017 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperPickle (Post 2170841)

So two minutes to post the :7: was 6-1. Golden Gate shipper, first time dirt, coming off a speed and duel and fade.

First time dirt and blinkers today suddenly the horse takes money. Big money. From 6-1 to 3-1 in 2-3 minutes. Hit again during load to 5-2.

Clears the field out of the gate. Opens five on the turn. Never really a anxious moment.

And Wrona was all over it. If you watch the replay He talks about the big money the last "3-4 minutes" on the load. During the call he references "some big wagers" and that he was "bet like he couldn't lose."

re: The bolded part of the above quote:

Perhaps two became five when the rider of Peter Miller's horse (the only other early speed in that race) decided to 'grab' and take back.

Maybe the 7 was destined to win.

Maybe the #1 was only entered to help make the race "go." (I really have no way of knowing.)

But if I'm Peter Miller - and if I had any aspirations about earning some purse money in that race -- after watching that ride -- I'd be pissed.

-jp

EasyGoer89 05-18-2017 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperPickle (Post 2170855)
It wasn't that I believe they added a shadow roll at the gate. I didn't get it. Was the horse suppose to have it on the whole time or are we now added them at the gate?

I think the bridle 'accidentally' came undone at the load.

Did they add a shadow roll? I didn't notice .

EasyGoer89 05-18-2017 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff P (Post 2170860)
re: The bolded part of the above quote:

Perhaps two became five when the rider of Peter Miller's horse (the only other early speed in that race) decided to 'grab' and take back.

Maybe the 7 was destined to win.

Maybe the #1 was only entered to help make the race "go." (I really have no way of knowing.)

But if I'm Peter Miller - and if I had any aspirations about earning some purse money in that race -- after watching that ride -- I'd be pissed.

-jp

I think a lot of cappers would have viewed race different if we knew the 1 wasn't going to be ridden like his form suggests he's normally ridden.

dilanesp 05-18-2017 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperPickle (Post 2170841)

Good for Wrona. That's really easy for an announcer to miss (remember, they are usually probably confirming their memory of the horses' silks in the minutes leading up to the start).