Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL** (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   San Vicente S.. G II - Past Performances (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91684)

Blenheim 02-17-2012 06:17 AM

San Vicente S.. G II - Past Performances

Should be a good one and a fine day at SA!

Go to Baffert> San Vincente: http://horseracing.about.com/od/race...aafree-pps.htm

Nothin' like the Derby Trail . . . gettin' better all the time.

Blenheim 02-19-2012 11:18 AM

Think I'll revise my first post as this being a good one and a fine day at SA. Might be a fine day at SA, but the card is not particularly appealing. Is this the best they could do for a G2? Is this all there is? Is this the best they've got? Is this not the Derby Trail and should this one not be more than just work for the :2: horse? Gotta be somethin' more, gotta be more than this . . .
~
As it goes, it'll interesting to see what strategy the connections of the :2: will employ considering the early speed. The :4: shows some pretty fast fractions and demonstrates late drive and determination and the :5: padded the lead after running four furlongs in 44 - both show a couple of strong works, dead fit with fresh legs. It'll be interesting to see how far the speed carries. Tough to bet against the class and tough to bet with him. Lookin' forward to seein' where the :2: horse is sittin' come the six furlong marker.

:2::4::5:

Nothin' like the Derby Trail.

GaryG 02-19-2012 12:08 PM

If Creative Cause comes up short, and I doubt that he will, Captain Obvious could pull the upset if he takes to the dirt. The odds may make him a worthwhile gamble.

toussaud 02-19-2012 01:10 PM

today is the big day. I really have high hopes for creative cause.

PhantomOnTour 02-19-2012 01:51 PM

Four horse field

toussaud 02-19-2012 06:42 PM

WTF was that rosario? since when did he become a late closer?

Dahoss9698 02-19-2012 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toussaud
WTF was that rosario? since when did he become a late closer?

In his 2nd and 3rd starts (both sprints) he came from a few lengths off the lead.

Wasn't the best of rides, but think of it this way, his non effort today will save you money in the future. He isn't much.

KirisClown 02-19-2012 06:57 PM

[YT="San Vicente"]FdonIzB_Dy4[/YT]

toussaud 02-19-2012 06:59 PM

i disagree. first, drill always has had his number going 1 turn. drill is more of a 1 turn horse than CC is.

secondly, this is a classic tighter.

I will bet you that CC ends up further along on hte TC trail than any horse in this race. he lost the battle but this wasn't a battle that he had to win to win the war. he's not a sprinter and harrington is too old school to crank him up to win race this early on the trail when he's already a grade 1 winner.

I thought Joel had him too far back. He comes off the front but never just last. this was pretty much a carbon copy of the Del Mar Futurity and I got 5/2 on CC in the Norfolk off that and he ran away and hid from Drill

camourous 02-19-2012 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dahoss9698
In his 2nd and 3rd starts (both sprints) he came from a few lengths off the lead.

Wasn't the best of rides, but think of it this way, his non effort today will save you money in the future. He isn't much.

:ThmbUp:

toussaud 02-19-2012 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camourous
:ThmbUp:

:ThmbDown:

Dahoss9698 02-19-2012 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toussaud
i disagree. first, drill always has had his number going 1 turn. drill is more of a 1 turn horse than CC is.

secondly, this is a classic tighter.

I will bet you that CC ends up further along on hte TC trail than any horse in this race. he lost the battle but this wasn't a battle that he had to win to win the war. he's not a sprinter and harrington is too old school to crank him up to win race this early on the trail when he's already a grade 1 winner.

I thought Joel had him too far back. He comes off the front but never just last. this was pretty much a carbon copy of the Del Mar Futurity and I got 5/2 on CC in the Norfolk off that and he ran away and hid from Drill

You went from today being the big day to today not meaning much. Funny.

He was last because it was a 4 horse field. You're making it seem like he was a dozen off the pace. He was like 3 lengths off the lead.

Of course if anyone moves forward off of this it'll be him. And if the same horses lined up a month from now going two turns I would like him. But I'm sticking with the opinion he like the rest of this field isn't much. We'll see.

Indulto 02-19-2012 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dahoss9698
You went from today being the big day to today not meaning much. Funny.

He was last because it was a 4 horse field. You're making it seem like he was a dozen off the pace. He was like 3 lengths off the lead.

Of course if anyone moves forward off of this it'll be him. And if the same horses lined up a month from now going two turns I would like him. But I'm sticking with the opinion he like the rest of this field isn't much. We'll see.

From a Derby eligibility perspective, does anybody happen to know how any portions of the purse allocated beyond 4th place were distributed, if at all?

sandpit 02-19-2012 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indulto
From a Derby eligibility perspective, does anybody happen to know how any portions of the purse allocated beyond 4th place were distributed, if at all?

Nope, the $3000 for fifth went back to the track. Here's a chart link:

http://www1.drf.com/drfPDFChartRaces...=20120219&RN=7

Indulto 02-20-2012 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandpit
Nope, the $3000 for fifth went back to the track. Here's a chart link:

http://www1.drf.com/drfPDFChartRaces...=20120219&RN=7

Thanks.