Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Belmont jocks are striking right now (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=144838)

GMB@BP 05-12-2018 01:57 PM

Belmont jocks are striking right now

Looks like its over weight issues.

Has this been going on behind the scenes and this was their final stand against the issue?

horses4courses 05-12-2018 02:04 PM

Paulick on Twitter

Quote:

Ray Paulick
‏@raypaulick
6m6 minutes ago
More
Belmont Park racing delayed. Terry Meyocks, national manager of Jockeys' Guild (he is not in NY), said: "The jockeys are having a conversation with NYRA officials on a number of issues, including scale of weights. It's the whole colony; this has been building up for a long time."

Denny 05-12-2018 02:05 PM

Looks like they changed their minds or agreed to something.

What's ridiculous is the way the track kept us all in the dark without any explanation.

Right to the gate. Guess horses don't need warming up.

Tom 05-12-2018 02:07 PM

The little S***heads are making a statement.
Slapping the customers in the face, making them wait.
They are coming out now to race, but if they need to make weight, they must be making too much purse money.
Cut their share in half and see how they do for a while.

Many of these pinheads don't ride anyway - they grb and heard.
Christ, any fat guy can do that job. Up the scale of weight to minimum 200 lbs. Maybe we get a whole new, better colony of riders. :ThmbDown::ThmbDown::ThmbDown:

horses4courses 05-12-2018 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denny (Post 2315840)
Looks like they changed their minds.

What's ridiculous is the way the track kept us all in the dark without any explanation.

Yep.
I checked the NYRA feed on Twitter.

Crickets.......:confused:

Tom 05-12-2018 02:10 PM

Shut up and Bet.
That is all you need to know!
:bang:

GMB@BP 05-12-2018 02:12 PM

Need the whole story. If they have been asking for a discussion on this issue for a while and gotten no response from management then you are left with what little power you have, I still dont agree with the move but I can see it.

I have no idea why we dont allow for higher weights, its a joke that they ride at 126 in the EU yet we are asking them to be 115 or less.

Denny 05-12-2018 02:20 PM

Total disregard for the public by those little knuckleheads.

Last year they killed an entire Saturday at Saratoga without giving track maintenance any time to fix the track.

I'm getting fed up with them and just might switch to Harness racing full-time!

upthecreek 05-12-2018 02:21 PM

upthecreek 05-12-2018 02:25 PM

PaceAdvantage 05-12-2018 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denny (Post 2315847)
Total disregard for the public by those little knuckleheads.

Last year they killed an entire Saturday at Saratoga without giving track maintenance any time to fix the track.

I'm getting fed up with them and just might switch to Harness racing full-time!

Actually, you should admire them.

If horseplayer solidarity were as strong as these jocks, it would produce some positive change...because all the whining and bitching certainly hasn't.

kevb 05-12-2018 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMB@BP (Post 2315844)
Need the whole story. If they have been asking for a discussion on this issue for a while and gotten no response from management then you are left with what little power you have, I still dont agree with the move but I can see it.

I have no idea why we dont allow for higher weights, its a joke that they ride at 126 in the EU yet we are asking them to be 115 or less.

Well said GMB.

Denny 05-12-2018 02:38 PM

PA, They're being paid. We're not.

Ruffian1 05-12-2018 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage (Post 2315856)
Actually, you should admire them.

If horseplayer solidarity were as strong as these jocks, it would produce some positive change...because all the whining and bitching certainly hasn't.

There was a time when the jocks had very little say. That has changed. They run the place nowadays.

So true what you said about the customers solidarity or lack of it. The day that kicks in, the customers will run the place. Until then, they have nothing.
Maybe a ME THREE movement. #senditin.
I sure hope I live to see it.

Andy Asaro 05-12-2018 02:50 PM

Has anyone heard how it was finally resolved?