Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic - Sports (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Did you watch the entire World Series game? (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=148305)

JustRalph 10-27-2018 10:13 AM

Did you watch the entire World Series game?

Fell asleep in the 13th and woke up in the 16th.

Didn’t miss a thing.

Now I know why I don’t watch baseball anymore.

The Sox pitcher was sacrificed.......would they have left him in if he had a contract?

Greyfox 10-27-2018 10:31 AM

I went to bed after the 13th inning. Read the score this morning on the net.
These days Baseball only interests me during the World Series.
Good athletes, but the game is too slow.

Fred Mertz 10-27-2018 11:21 AM

I'd rather watch The Simpsons.

Dave Schwartz 10-27-2018 12:26 PM

I stuck with it to the end.

In the 17th I ate everything in the house.

(Diets do not apply in deep extra innings.)

barahona44 10-27-2018 12:32 PM

After Bill Buckner,excuse me Ian Kinsler, botched the play,I gave up as I was already drifting off.

If the Red Sox win the series,they need to build a statue to Nathan Eovoldi.

thaskalos 10-27-2018 01:07 PM

Boston used 6 pitchers in 9 innings of a 1-1 ballgame...even though they were up 2-0 in the series. The Dodgers used only 2 pitchers...in a must-win situation. I think Cora is overthinking this.

kingfin66 10-27-2018 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustRalph (Post 2387815)
Fell asleep in the 13th and woke up in the 16th.

Didn’t miss a thing.

Now I know why I don’t watch baseball anymore.

The Sox pitcher was sacrificed.......would they have left him in if he had a contract?

I made it through 16 and then I had to turn it. Props to you since I believe you are in the Houston area - two hours ahead of me on the west coast. I think a game like this; a testament to great pitching, is nice to see once in awhile, but 18 innings is a bit too "epic" for me.

Ad far as Eovaldi goes, I can see why you would think that, but I would also say that once the bullpen is used it, somebody has to have the game to the end. The Sox babied him this year, keeping IP and pitch counts down. The may have been a bit of a stretch out for him, but not that much given how he is normally used. In the WS and playoffs you will things that you would not see in the regular season such as starters coming in to get saves, etc.

Both teams really need their starters to get deep in tonight's game!

Dave Schwartz 10-27-2018 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingfin66 (Post 2387927)
Ad far as Eovaldi goes, I can see why you would think that, but I would also say that once the bullpen is used it, somebody has to have the game to the end. The Sox babied him this year, keeping IP and pitch counts down. The may have been a bit of a stretch out for him, but not that much given how he is normally used. In the WS and playoffs you will things that you would not see in the regular season such as starters coming in to get saves, etc.

Both teams really need their starters to get deep in tonight's game!

That is a good assessment. :ThmbUp:

I saw a Facebook meme somewhere that showed a (fake) Nolan Ryan comment about someone who threw 107 pitches: "Cute."

Apparently, Ryan once threw 235 pitches in extra innings.

40 years ago Saturday, Nolan Ryan threw 235 pitches in a game

cj 10-27-2018 03:52 PM

I watched the whole thing. Wasn't a great game really, just long.

Dave Schwartz 10-27-2018 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cj (Post 2387984)
I watched the whole thing. Wasn't a great game really, just long.

And very boring.

Read an article that said with all the strikeouts the average is now 8 minutes between batters putting the ball in play.

thaskalos 10-27-2018 04:33 PM

I used to think that MLB was excruciatingly boring. And then I started betting on the games. And I now find that their excitement level has shot up dramatically. :ThmbUp:

kingfin66 10-27-2018 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Schwartz (Post 2387991)
And very boring.

Read an article that said with all the strikeouts the average is now 8 minutes between batters putting the ball in play.

Hammerin' Hank agrees!

https://sports.yahoo.com/hank-aaron-...002248387.html

jimmyb 10-27-2018 06:44 PM

Baseball is number 1 to me, but I went to bed after the 14th. 2:15 a.m.

Tape Reader 10-27-2018 07:14 PM

I need help.

Did the Dodgers have a man on first with no outs in the bottom of the 9th and did not bunt?

I fell asleep and awoke in the 12th.

ElKabong 10-27-2018 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tape Reader (Post 2388088)
I need help.

Did the Dodgers have a man on first with no outs in the bottom of the 9th and did not bunt?

I fell asleep and awoke in the 12th.

I may be mistaken but manny Machado was the batter. I do recall telling my wife
"If anybody other than this moron was up, they'd bunt". Pretty sure it was that situation.

Watched the whole thing, almost 2:30am , and happy to see a DFW metroplex kid be the hero.