Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic - General (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Prediction time 2021 (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=162526)

porchy44 01-08-2021 12:27 PM

Prediction time 2021

Cancel culture, public shaming, and performative wokeness, will be HUGE this year.

Corporate powers are about to make life as difficult as possible for anyone not "getting with the program". -- and they're going to have the backing of the entire federal government (Democratic unchecked power). They will go too far. It is inevitable.

Meanwhile they’re typically not in a position to lecture the public about anything, but they routinely do — loudly.

summersquall 01-08-2021 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by porchy44 (Post 2691809)
Cancel culture, public shaming, and performative wokeness, will be HUGE this year.

Corporate powers are about to make life as difficult as possible for anyone not "getting with the program". -- and they're going to have the backing of the entire federal government (Democratic unchecked power). They will go too far. It is inevitable.

Meanwhile they’re typically not in a position to lecture the public about anything, but they routinely do — loudly.

Federal Government (Democratic unchecked power) are about to make life as difficult as possible for anyone not "getting with the program". -- and they're going to have the backing of the entire Corporate powers. FTFY

thaskalos 01-08-2021 04:08 PM

The way I see it...we've gotten too comfortable in this country, and this has made us soft. Softness is bad for both body and mind. If tough times are coming, and we can't control these changing conditions...then we can at least find solace in the fact that tough times create tough people. And we can all use a little more "toughness", IMO.

With the emergence of the New Year...I have promised myself that I would be more optimistic about things. And, being true to my newly-adopted beliefs...I predict that we'll manage just fine. :ThmbUp:

Marshall Bennett 01-08-2021 06:30 PM

The left will further cripple our education system by any means necessary. Its a whole lot easier to control millions of stupid people than educated people.

zico20 01-08-2021 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thaskalos (Post 2691859)
The way I see it...we've gotten too comfortable in this country, and this has made us soft. Softness is bad for both body and mind. If tough times are coming, and we can't control these changing conditions...then we can at least find solace in the fact that tough times create tough people. And we can all use a little more "toughness", IMO.

With the emergence of the New Year...I have promised myself that I would be more optimistic about things. And, being true to my newly-adopted beliefs...I predict that we'll manage just fine. :ThmbUp:

Do you mean because of climate change? Maybe we should let the Earth heat up, it could toughen us up without spending us back to the Stone Age.

thaskalos 01-08-2021 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zico20 (Post 2691943)
Do you mean because of climate change? Maybe we should let the Earth heat up, it could toughen us up without spending us back to the Stone Age.

Great idea. I'll call my congressman. :ThmbUp:

davew 01-08-2021 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zico20 (Post 2691943)

no, make winter heating unaffordable and no free housing

oops, some consider free things a right

thaskalos 01-08-2021 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davew (Post 2691952)
no, make winter heating unaffordable and no free housing

oops, some consider free things a right

How many do you suppose refused their stimulus checks? IMO, everybody loves a freebie. It's just that some can't come out and admit it.

newtothegame 01-08-2021 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thaskalos (Post 2691974)
How many do you suppose refused their stimulus checks? IMO, everybody loves a freebie. It's just that some can't come out and admit it.

Its not a freebie as its reported on taxes..... Ohh wait, thats providing you pay......Ohh never mind.

thaskalos 01-08-2021 09:13 PM

It's not a freebie??

Quote:

Originally Posted by newtothegame (Post 2691991)
Its not a freebie as its reported on taxes..... Ohh wait, thats providing you pay......Ohh never mind.

Sign your stimulus check over to me...and I'll gladly pay the taxes on it. :ThmbUp:

newtothegame 01-08-2021 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thaskalos (Post 2691993)
Sign your stimulus check over to me...and I'll gladly pay the taxes on it. :ThmbUp:

At least you agree it isn't a "freebie".

PaceAdvantage 01-08-2021 09:50 PM

Stimulus checks are taxable?

Somebody today mentioned they weren't...I figured they were wrong...everything is taxable...lol

vegasone 01-08-2021 10:58 PM

If you drive a car, I'll tax the street
If you try to sit, I'll tax your seat
If you get too cold, I'll tax the heat
If you take a walk, I'll tax your feet

'Cause I'm the taxman, yeah, I'm the ta

Bennie 01-08-2021 11:25 PM

They are not taxable income. They are an "advance tax credit" that they are giving you now instead of when you file your taxes.

classhandicapper 01-08-2021 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bennie (Post 2692021)
They are not taxable income. They are an "advance tax credit" that they are giving you now instead of when you file your taxes.

Suppose you have little or no reported income and paid no taxes?

Do you have to give it back? lol