Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Harness Racing (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Meadowlands: Friday, July 20 (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=146131)

Teach 07-19-2018 09:17 AM

Meadowlands: Friday, July 20

Race One:

“If you knew Susy like I know Susy, Oh! Oh! Oh! What a girl!” 6 SUSY. Jimmy Taker drives and trains this Father Patrick-bred 2-year old trotter. She was narrowly 2nd in her only pari-mutuel start. It appears that she has the early speed. She should clear. All that appears necessary is for this bay filly is “to mind her manners” and she'll find herself getting her picture taken in the “Big M’s” winner’s circle. Caveat emptor: Don’t expect much in return “at the windows”. This gal will likely go off as the prohibitive favorite. The “other horses” are: 2 TRIX ARE FOR KIDS (her lineage combines a breakfast cereal, professional golfer and harness racing announcer). Decent effort from tough post last time. Expect improvement. It’s “The Captain,” Corey Callahan, for trainer Tom Cancelliere. Then, there’s 5 PRINCESS DEO. This Trixton-bred filly put in a decent effort last Saturday a.m. I believe there’s room for improvement. It’s “The Down-Under Duo” of driver Andy McCarthy and trainer/part-owner Noel Daley.

Race Two:

3 TACTICAL LANDING should go off as the prohibitive fave in his last start before the Hambo. If Jimmy sweeps the early double, you may get a return that’s equivalent to the amount of annual rainfall in Death Valley, CA. This colt has looked very sharp in recent races. I believe the only thing that could possibly be the proverbial “fly in the ointment” is if this guy reverted to doing “The Big M” “fox-trot”. If this Muscle Hill-bred stays “flat,” he can easily win. I suppose if there’s anyone who could challenge my top pick, it would the Hambo-eligible, 9 SOUTHWIND CHROME. Yet his outside starting post does concern me. Not that he can’t hit the board. Scott Zeron, the Montreal native, is in the seat for trainer Paula Wellwood. Others: 5 Muscle M Up; 6 Mikey Likes It.

Race Three:

5 CINDY’S PARTY BOY gets my tepid, lukewarm nod in this wide-open race. Frankly, I’ve spent a lot of time analyzing this race; yet, I’m still in a quandary. I’m going here with a horse I’d label as: “best of rest” (this is not a “ringing” endorsement). This American Ideal-bred draws a decent starting post. He has the services of the Hall-of-Fame driver, “Buckeye,” Dave Miller. This fella did make an uncharacteristic “break” last time (that concerns). Yet he has faced betted. My thought: If you’re betting the Pick-5: “Buy Insurance”. Shae Vandervort trains. Others: 1 VOICE OF TRUTH. The overriding question: “Is he ready?” If so, he’s most definitely “a player”. Very useable in your exotics. Others: 9 Ring Warrior; 2 Justa Camilion.

Race Four:

4 HANNA DREAMGIRL. It would appear that all that remains necessary is for this gal to “stay flat”. She appears to be able to “get the jump” on this field. If she does, she’ll be tough to “reel in”. This Chapter Seven-bred filly has been a consistent sort. “The Bionic Man,” Tim Tetrick, stays on-board for trainer Linda Toscano. Others: 6 Asiago; 2 Fraulein Blucher; 4 Check Out Trixie.

Race Five:

2 GOOSE BAY FIFTYTWO has been most impressive in the a.m. Can he carry over those impressive morning miles to the p.m.? That is the question. He appears to be heading “in the right direction”. “Team Miller,” Marcus and Erv. Others: 5 Major Deception; 1 Shipshape; 3 Waterway.

Race Six:

2 STELLA JANE, figuratively speaking, went “from the out-house to the penthouse,” last week. This gal came on strongly in deep-stretch to collar Hanna Dreamgirl. That was an impressive win in the Kindergarten’s first leg. Something to build on. Of course, this Crazed-bred filly must “mind her manners”. She does appear to enjoy the “Big M’s” wide, sweeping turns. “The Captain,” Corey Callahan, reprises the drive for trainer John Butenschoen. Others: 5 Beautiful Sin; 1 Big Weezy; 4 The Ice Dutchess.

Race Seven:

1/1A WINDSUN GLORY/MONICA GALLAGHER. 1 Windsun Glory. You can toss out last week’s Golden Girls. “A Bridge Too Far!” This Mach Three-bred now draws well. She picks up the chauffeuring services of “Le Frelon Vert” (“The Green Hornet”), Yannick Gingras. Most capable. 1A Monica Gallagher has returned to the races. That was a very nice qualifier. She’s so consistent. Reliable. Dependable. Well, you get the picture. Hard to fault her. If she’s ready? “Team Burke” conditions this pair for Burke Racing Stable, Weaver, Bruscemi et al. Others: 5 DelightfulMemphisN; 6 Call Me Queen Bee; 4 Lyons River Pride.

Race Eight:

1 GREEN MANALISHI S. It’s a “Svenska Pojke”. This highly-priced 2-year old Swedish import ships in from Pocono where he recorded his first pari-mutuel win in the All Stars series. Very impressive! This Muscle Hill-bred once again draws the rail. He should, if all goes well, sit a perfect stalking trip. Tim Tetrick is in the bike for trainer Marcus Melander. Others: 2 Sovereign Deo; 7 Precision; 3 No Drama Please.

Race Nine:

1 CAPTAIN AHAB has won three straight, two a.m. and one p.m. His last, the pari-mutuel start, was a rock-solid effort in very good time. “The Thunder from ‘Down Under’,” Andrew McCarthy, handles the reins for trainer Tony Alagna. Others: 4 US Captain; 2 Odds On Boca Raton; 5 Rockin Jimmy Brown.

Race Ten:

2 HIGH INTO THE SKY again draws well in this Kindergarten Series, Pt II. This Trixton-bred colt is my medium-longshot try. This guy appears to be “on the improve”. “A-Mac” stays in the bike for trainer Tony Alagna. Others: 6 Don’t Let’em; 3 Gerry; 7 Montevideo.

Race Eleven:

1 TREACHEROUS REIGN. Question: “Can Andy M. and Tony A. win three-straight to close out the card?” Personally, I believe they have a good shot. That, my friends, was some effort by this Captaintreacherous-bred 2-year old bay filly. If that effort last week in the opening leg of the Kindergarten series was any indication, it may well be time, once again, to “Fasten your Seatbelts”. Others: 5 Izzy Hanover; 2 Key West; 7 Tall Drink Hanover.