Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   TVG- Gino (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=120351)

FlintAtTheFetlock 02-15-2015 11:16 AM

I agree Rich is top notch and explains how he comes to his selections in a clear concise way, but I'm surprised you tune out Matt. I originally thought he was a loose cannon showing flashes of anger when he loses, then I started noting how many of his horses, never on my radar came in. I think his wife who is in the business really loads him up with great breeding stats. He also goes deep on prior races, who faced who, when, and how those other horses came back, something I just don't have the time to research horses not on the card.

Gino seems a nice guy, with some on air personality, but something always goes wrong with his picks. Kiss of death if you have his horse. :D Brittany is just green and needs time. She has a tendency to chime in inappropriately and suffers in the small talk arena, but is fine in introducing fields and interviewing connections. Needs some seasoning and media training with her broadcasting voice if she is serious. Being a striking beauty helps.

Kaleb is very cool customer for his age, never at a loss of words, and shows passion for the sport. A bright future IMO.

Stillriledup 02-15-2015 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlintAtTheFetlock
I agree Rich is top notch and explains how he comes to his selections in a clear concise way, but I'm surprised you tune out Matt. I originally thought he was a loose cannon showing flashes of anger when he loses, then I started noting how many of his horses, never on my radar came in. I think his wife who is in the business really loads him up with great breeding stats. He also goes deep on prior races, who faced who, when, and how those other horses came back, something I just don't have the time to research horses not on the card.

Gino seems a nice guy, with some on air personality, but something always goes wrong with his picks. Kiss of death if you have his horse. :D Brittany is just green and needs time. She has a tendency to chime in inappropriately and suffers in the small talk arena, but is fine in introducing fields and interviewing connections. Needs some seasoning and media training with her broadcasting voice if she is serious. Being a striking beauty helps.

Kaleb is very cool customer for his age, never at a loss of words, and shows passion for the sport. A bright future IMO.

I agree. I like Caleb, he's passionate and grew up in the shadows of Churchill, so he's got the game in his blood. I like Gino too, he might complain a bit too much (don't we all? Don't answer that. :D ) but his heart is in the right place, he complains because he has passion to win, he wants to to a good job and Britney is a shining star, she's always upbeat and is learning the game, she also has racing in her blood and it shines thru, she really comes across like she's happy to be there.

As far as Matt goes, i like him but i think he tries too hard to appear "sharp" and ends up picking too many longshots just to show you he's not a chalk eating weasel but sometimes the favorite is going to win, no need to always be a hero trying to force something that isn't there.

ronsmac 02-15-2015 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stillriledup
I agree. I like Caleb, he's passionate and grew up in the shadows of Churchill, so he's got the game in his blood. I like Gino too, he might complain a bit too much (don't we all? Don't answer that. :D ) but his heart is in the right place, he complains because he has passion to win, he wants to to a good job and Britney is a shining star, she's always upbeat and is learning the game, she also has racing in her blood and it shines thru, she really comes across like she's happy to be there.

As far as Matt goes, i like him but i think he tries too hard to appear "sharp" and ends up picking too many longshots just to show you he's not a chalk eating weasel but sometimes the favorite is going to win, no need to always be a hero trying to force something that isn't there.

I agree with everything you said.

SandyW 02-15-2015 03:48 PM

Gino, a very pleasant and enthusiastic young man that is a credit to the Sport Of Kings. We need a lot more just like him.
A true bright spot for TVG.

Stillriledup 02-15-2015 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SandyW
Gino, a very pleasant and enthusiastic young man that is a credit to the Sport Of Kings. We need a lot more just like him.
A true bright spot for TVG.

Gino is a stand up guy for sure, hard working handicapper, he is a bright spot for TVG no doubt.

Tara73 02-16-2015 08:08 PM

Britney Eurton is especially funny when she attempts to sound smart.

thespaah 02-16-2015 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stillriledup
I'm just saying that's how a lot of horseplayers think...they don't want to hear from someone who hasn't been thru the wars like they have.

UNderstood....But at the end of the day, there is a need for fresh faces that show enthusiasm for the game. Even if it lamenting a losing ticket.

TucsonGreyhound 02-16-2015 11:19 PM

Can't believe the hate for Miss Eurton!

She is beautiful, well-spoken and has a good understanding of the industry.

Her pre-race interviews with the trainers are probably the most valuable pieces of information you can get.

SoCalCircuit 02-16-2015 11:34 PM

I'm surprised at all the Rich love. For some reason I just find him really irritating. My go-tos are usually Matt, Simon and Paul. And obviously Brittany (along with my other two future wives on HRTV :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: )

Stillriledup 02-16-2015 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TucsonGreyhound
Can't believe the hate for Miss Eurton!

She is beautiful, well-spoken and has a good understanding of the industry.

Her pre-race interviews with the trainers are probably the most valuable pieces of information you can get.

I agree, she can trainers to say more than they normally might say. :D

Marshall Bennett 02-17-2015 05:07 AM

olddaddy 02-17-2015 08:10 AM

Dont care for Peter Eurtons daughter. She interviews trainers asking information on horses that are running but gives absolutely no info on her fathers horses. Shes a typical insider.

lamboguy 02-17-2015 08:24 AM

i don't think there are that many that watch TVG to listen to someone rattle off picks and tickets to play, people here are way above others in this game with all their knowledge of the game.

so why waste your time knocking young people on their airwaves who are less experienced than you are. the idea behind having them is probably two fold, they are less experienced than long time people in the sport so they don't get paid as much, and at the same time they are young and TVG is trying to attract a younger audience..

TVG has never been guilty of not trying anything to try to kick start this game from their end.

Canarsie 02-17-2015 09:09 AM

I really thought we were over this type of thread remember with the good comes the bad. Complaining about it here isn't going to change a thing if you're really that passionate about the subject write to upper management.

Once again Betfair PAYS to be broadcast into your home. It's the one reason HRTV has such limited distribution and wants you to pay yearly just to watch them online.

While I agree with many that there are voices I rather not hear by putting up with them I get free TFUS pp's. That's a pretty fair trade off especially since I can always use the mute button, watch in HD if available on the Horse races Now app on the xbox, or just plain use the IOS or android platform. If I don't have any of those options its either back to the cable channel or start a thread on PA :jump:

I recently had a problem with Betfair and a person from upper management (where serious problems should be addressed) asked for my phone number to contact me. We spoke for a good 15 minutes before I had to cut it off because I had an appointment with my chiropractor. At the end of the conversation the person said I'll buy you a drink the next time I head east to monmouth. To boot the problem I was talking about is being addressed.

*** DISCLAIMER*** The person asked me not to talk about it in any public forum and I gave him my word that I wouldn't. ***

Just think of many previous employees that were disparaged on here with almost identical complaints and are now gone.

This is my opinion but nobody has ever replaced Ken Rudolph as a host. Knock him all you want his shift went by smoothly (with and without controversy) except for complaints (some justified, some not) on here. To boot he must have quadrupled his salary doing a real TV early morning show. That's the equivalent of hitting the super high five a few times during one year a monumental task

I could go on and on about the subject but it boils down to this. The main point is would you rather not have tvg and have them go off the cable airwaves or put up with people you dislike?

my two cents

onefast99 02-17-2015 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamboguy
i don't think there are that many that watch TVG to listen to someone rattle off picks and tickets to play, people here are way above others in this game with all their knowledge of the game.

so why waste your time knocking young people on their airwaves who are less experienced than you are. the idea behind having them is probably two fold, they are less experienced than long time people in the sport so they don't get paid as much, and at the same time they are young and TVG is trying to attract a younger audience..

TVG has never been guilty of not trying anything to try to kick start this game from their end.

Well said lambo!