Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic - General (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Advantage of becoming an Illegal...True or False? (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=99363)

sammy the sage 11-23-2012 08:11 AM

Advantage of becoming an Illegal...True or False?

Nothing on Snopes yet...thought it VERY interesting

FORMS ARE GOING FAST- SIGN UP TODAY!
Becoming Illegal (Actual letter from an Iowa resident sent to his senator,)
The Honorable Tom Harkin
731 Hart Senate Office Building
Phone (202) 224 3254
Washington DC , 20510

Dear Senator Harkin,

As a native Iowan and excellent customer of the Internal Revenue Service, I am writing to ask for your assistance. I have contacted the Department of Homeland Security in an effort to determine the process for becoming an illegal alien and they referred me to you.

My primary reason for wishing to change my status from U.S. Citizen to illegal alien stems from the bill which was recently passed by the Senate and for which you voted. If my understanding of this bill is accurate, as an illegal alien who has been in the United States for five years, all I need to do to become a citizen is to pay a $2,000 fine and income taxes for only three of the last five years. I know a good deal when I see one and I am anxious to get the process started before everyone figures it out.
Simply put, those of us who have been here legally have had to pay taxes every year so I'm excited about the prospect of avoiding two years of taxes in return for paying a $2,000 fine. Is there any way that I can apply to be illegal retroactively? This would yield an excellent result for me and my family because we paid heavy taxes in 2004 and 2005.

Additionally, as an illegal alien I could begin using the local emergency room as my primary health care provider. Once I have stopped paying premiums for medical insurance, my accountant figures I could save almost $10,000 a year.

Another benefit in gaining illegal status would be that my daughter would receive preferential treatment relative to her law school applications, as well as 'in-state' tuition rates for many colleges throughout the United States for my son.

Lastly, I understand that illegal status would relieve me of the burden of renewing my driver's license and making those burdensome car insurance premiums. This is very important to me, given that I still have college age children driving my car.
If you would provide me with an outline of the process to become illegal (retroactively if possible) and copies of the necessary forms, I would be most appreciative. Thank you for your assistance

Your Loyal Constituent, (hoping to reach 'illegal alien' status rather than just a bonafide citizen of the USA )
Donald Ruppert
Burlington , IA
Get your Forms (NOW)!!
Call your Internal Revenue Service at 1-800-289-1040

HUSKER55 11-23-2012 08:33 AM

weather it is true or not, lets send it to our senators and see what happens

Robert Goren 11-23-2012 09:19 AM

The letter may or may not be real, but the law(s) referred to in it don't exist.

http://www.civitasreview.com/immigra...ration-part-i/

I hope a bunch of right wing nuts renounce their citizenship. They will find out getting it back isn't all that easy. There is a huge difference between getting your citizenship as foreign born immigrant the first time and getting it back after you have renounce it. The second is much harder as it should be. Some people who did that during the Vietnam War found that out.

Tom 11-23-2012 10:19 AM

My new name Jose Jimenez!

PhantomOnTour 11-23-2012 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom
My new name Jose Jimenez!

I thought it would be Tomas Malice

Tom 11-23-2012 10:35 AM

Tommy Malice!

With 1 follower! :lol:

TJDave 11-23-2012 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Goren
The letter may or may not be real, but the law(s) referred to in it don't exist.

Don't know about Nebraska but here in California there is a distinct advantage to 'driving while Mexican'. ;)

mostpost 11-23-2012 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Goren

http://www.civitasreview.com/immigra...ration-part-i/

I hope a bunch of right wing nuts renounce their citizenship. They will find out getting it back isn't all that easy. There is a huge difference between getting your citizenship as foreign born immigrant the first time and getting it back after you have renounce it. The second is much harder as it should be. Some people who did that during the Vietnam War found that out.

http://message.snopes.com/showthread.php?t=33314

Becoming Illegal (Actual letter from a British Columbia resident and sent to the PM)

The Honorable Steven Harper
Parliment Buildings
Ottawa, Ontario.
Canada

Dear Prime Minister Harper

As a native Canadian and excellent customer of Revenue Canada, I am writing to ask for your assistance.
I have contacted the Department of Immigration in an effort to determine the process for becoming an illegal alien and they referred me to you.

My primary reason for wishing to change my status from Canadian Citizen to illegal alien stems from the bill which was recently passed by the Senate and for which you voted.
If my understanding of this bill's provisions is accurate, as an illegal alien who has been in Canada for five years, all I need to do to become a citizen is to pay a $2,000 fine and income taxes for three of the last five years.
I know a good deal when I see one and I am anxious to get the process started before everyone figures it out.

Simply put, those of us who have been here legally have had to pay taxes every year so I'm excited about the prospect of avoiding two years of taxes in return for paying a $2,000 fine. Is there any way that I can apply to be illegal retroactively? This would yield an excellent result for me and my family because we paid heavy taxes in 2004 and 2005.

Additionally, as an illegal alien I could begin using the local emergency room as my primary health care provider.
Once I have stopped paying premiums for medical insurance, my accountant figures I could save almost $10,000 a year.

Another benefit in gaining illegal status would be that my daughter would receive preferential treatment relative to her law school applications, as well as 'in-province' tuition rates for many colleges throughout Canada for my son.

Lastly, I understand that illegal status would relieve me of the burden of renewing my driver's license and making those burdensome car insurance premiums.
This is very important to me given that I still have college age children driving my car.

If you would provide me with an outline of the process to become illegal (retroactively if possible) and copies of the necessary forms, I would be most appreciative. Thank you for your assistance.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm, I wonder????????

Your Loyal Constituent ,

So we have a fake American version of a Fake Canadian letter about a law that was never passed in either country and was misrepresented in any case.

I don't know how long it took you to find your link, but it took me about ten minutes to find mine. The really sad part is that I had to go through several pages of right wing blogs treating this as if it were gospel. :bang:

HUSKER55 11-23-2012 05:26 PM

POLITICIANS LIES TO US PFC's ALL THE TIME. it would be real interesting to see how many would check it out or jump on the soap box first.

My luck would be it would be my senator .....how is that for a warm fuzzy :D

Pace Cap'n 11-23-2012 05:53 PM

The "Not Raising Hogs" Business

Those Iowans seem to have a nose for sniffing out those government programs that might apply to them...

O: Honorable Secretary of Agriculture
Washington, D.C.

Dear Sir;

My friend, Ed Peterson, over at Wells Iowa, received a check for $1,000 from the government for not raising hogs. So, I want to go into the "not raising hogs" business next year.

What I want to know is, in your opinion, what is the best kind of farm not to raise hogs on, and what is the best breed of hogs not to raise? I want to be sure that I approach this endeavor in keeping with all governmental policies. I would prefer not to raise razorbacks, but if that is not a good breed not to raise, then I will just as gladly not raise Yorkshires or Durocs.

As I see it, the hardest part of this program will be in keeping an accurate inventory of how many hogs I haven't raised.

My friend, Peterson, is very joyful about the future of the business. He has been raising hogs for twenty years or so, and the best he ever made on them was $422 in 1968, until this year when he got your check for $1000 for not raising hogs.

If I get $1000 for not raising 50 hogs, will I get $2000 for not raising 100 hogs? I plan to operate on a small scale at first, holding myself down to about 4000 hogs not raised, which will mean about $80,000 the first year. Then I can afford an airplane.

Now another thing, these hogs I will not raise will not eat 100,000 bushels of corn. I understand that you also pay farmers for not raising corn and wheat. Will I qualify for payments for not raising wheat and corn not to feed the 4000 hogs I am not going to raise?

Also, I am considering the "not milking cows" business, so send me any information you have on that, too.

In view of these circumstances, you understand that I will be totally unemployed and plan to file for unemployment and food stamps. Be assured you will have my vote in the coming election.

Patriotically Yours,

Morgan

P.S. Would you please notify me when you plan to distribute more free cheese.

JustRalph 11-23-2012 05:55 PM

Here's a real advantage:

Work your job for 5-8 years and claim you have 8 kids. Get a little refund from the Feds and State every year.

Or

Don't even file your taxes for 5-8 years while claiming 8 kids.

Take 3months off, maybe even go home to Mexico for a while.

Come back to your job/or a new job with a new name and social. Start the cycle again.

I've seen it many times. Never pay a stick of State or Federal income tax

Tom 11-23-2012 08:15 PM

Call for a full list of all the benefits you can get as a non-citizen.
Use your Obama-phone and dial 1-800-anc-hors.