Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Harness Racing (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   new harness handicapper (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74467)

lamboguy 08-30-2010 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by my_nameaintearl
she didnt do so well there but im sure she has hit enough picks tonight

she picked some other winner at yonkers, she is becoming an expert there. she claims her harness handicapping is effecting her thoroughbred selections.

she is getting all the help in the world. she claims that she had misplaced her forms and 2 seconds later she claims she found them and produced another winner!

lamboguy 08-30-2010 09:34 PM

this has just stepped up and picked a cold exacta at yonkers.

Sea Biscuit 08-31-2010 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamboguy
this has just stepped up and picked a cold exacta at yonkers.

Lamboguy: Where exactly is she posting her picks?

willphorse 08-31-2010 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sea Biscuit
Lamboguy: Where exactly is she posting her picks?

She is the night Host on TVG I believe

Trotman 08-31-2010 09:20 PM

Markgoldie and Pandy very good posts. Mark I absolutly believe speed is the name of the game now. On the other hand Pandy your comment with regards to just because the horse never left who's to say it won't tonight,so true. In 4 years of results just completed looking at pace shapes and speed I have found that in most cases where the horse was comfortable with the pace shape of a race enabled me to cut the contenders down to two or three which to key onto as a selection. Those who can make forward motion into a hot pace without a total collapse I would tend to look at closely as a contender where as a horse that runs late based on the collapse of the front end I might use to construct a ticket based on how much front end the race had. Up close against a hot pace generally is what I look at,closers never amount to a win or top exotic horse IMO. Great post guys. :ThmbUp:

wilderness 08-31-2010 10:21 PM

"Up close against a hot pace generally is what I look"

Trotman,
Ainslie had a "term" for these types of horses in his T-Bred books.
Although I don't recall it exactly, it was something like "pace prompters".

I read the Ainslie T-Breds books before I read his harness book, and as a result (in them old days) carried over much of his T-Bred analogy into harness handicapping.
Ainslie's superb and extensive explanation of "driving finishes" in the T-breds is worth reading.