Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Curlin vs Gun Runner (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=141737)

PhantomOnTour 11-06-2017 01:44 PM

Curlin vs Gun Runner

Two of Asmussen's best going head to head....and the winner is...??

jay68802 11-06-2017 01:49 PM

Gunrunner at 1-2.

Rex Phinney 11-06-2017 04:51 PM

Are we serious on this one?

Give me Curlin at 1/9

Si2see 11-06-2017 05:30 PM

Curlin without a doubt in my mind. He was magnificent animal :)

I might have posted this here before, but the most electrifying race or even event I can ever remember in my life is the Street Sense Curlin stretch battle at the Preakness. I am not a spiritual person, but I swear Curlin surged only because of the energy created by the crowd, it was an unbelievable feeling one I will never forget in my life.

Jason

thaskalos 11-06-2017 06:58 PM

It depends on the distance. If it's a 4.5-furlong race at Charles Town...then I make Gun Runner the 1/9 choice.

airford1 11-07-2017 03:48 AM

We have sunk to Fantasy Horse racing...............:pout:

rastajenk 11-07-2017 07:57 AM

Well, post-BC is always the silly season. It won't be long before some heat gets generated over Eclipse awards.

Valuist 11-07-2017 01:59 PM

Gun Runner is a very good horse, but he's no Curlin.

Robert Fischer 11-07-2017 03:17 PM

In October I would have emphatically rejected any idea that Gun Runner could compare to Curlin.

(and my results suffered accordingly when I received hundreds less than had others won :pound: )

It's tougher today, so soon after seeing Gun Runner run so well in a top field.

In a 'dream race' Gun Runner may also have some advantage for being forwardly placed.

I'm happy to say both were great horses. Let's not forget Curlin's career. I don't mind doing the whole 'Two of Asmussen's best' thing that honors both.

classhandicapper 11-07-2017 03:57 PM

Curlin reached his peak sooner. So he has a better overall record of figures and accomplishments. But I think the Gun Runner we've seen over the last couple of months is no slouch and he'd get first run on Curlin. I don't think Curlin would be any mortal lock. I think I might take this Gun Runner at even money H2H unless the race was loaded with speed or the track playing against him.

(Gun Runner also looks a little better if you draw a line through his "off track" races).

Track Phantom 11-07-2017 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by classhandicapper (Post 2239345)
Curlin reached his peak sooner. So he has a better overall record of figures and accomplishments. But I think the Gun Runner we've seen over the last couple of months is no slouch and he'd get first run on Curlin. I don't think Curlin would be any mortal lock. I think I might take this Gun Runner at even money H2H unless the race was loaded with speed or the track playing against him.

(Gun Runner also looks a little better if you draw a line through his "off track" races).

This is the one thing I heard no one speak about. When Gun Runner faced Arrogate in the Dubai World Cup, the track was muddy. Just like Easy Goer, Gun Runner was not nearly at his best on a wet track.

Zaf 11-07-2017 11:58 PM

Wow what a great question. How do they compare on Speed figures ? TimeForm Beyers, T Graph , Ragozin ?

Z

cj 11-08-2017 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Track Phantom (Post 2239439)
This is the one thing I heard no one speak about. When Gun Runner faced Arrogate in the Dubai World Cup, the track was muddy. Just like Easy Goer, Gun Runner was not nearly at his best on a wet track.

Wasn't the inside pretty darn bad for the DWC too?

cj 11-08-2017 01:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zaf (Post 2239443)
Wow what a great question. How do they compare on Speed figures ? TimeForm Beyers, T Graph , Ragozin ?

Z

Here is TimeformUS

Mc990 11-08-2017 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zaf (Post 2239443)

Z

You can find both of their sheets posted on the TG message board shortly after the Woodward. GR a little faster on his best. Remember though, horses have gotten a tad faster over the last 10 years... despite popular opinion to the contrary...