Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic - General (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   This might be the strangest video you see all day... (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=161583)

PaceAdvantage 11-14-2020 03:30 PM

This might be the strangest video you see all day...

TJDave 11-14-2020 03:55 PM

He should SERIOUSLY consider a rabies vaccination.

davew 11-14-2020 04:21 PM

I suspect if he did not have 30-50 raccoons outside his house, he would have 30-50 cats inside his house.

I buy birdseed for the tweeties during winter. I suspect it is harder to find food when there is snow cover.

newtothegame 11-14-2020 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJDave (Post 2673838)
He should SERIOUSLY consider a rabies vaccination.

Actually, he doesn't have too. If you follow him, as I do, Jim will tell you all about rabies ......

He is a sincerely nice gent and takes care of the raccoons as a dying wish of his wife. I believe she passed in 2003 and he has been doing this since.

PaceAdvantage 11-14-2020 10:08 PM

Yeah, he seems like one of the good ones...must spend a fortune on hotdogs and oreos...LOL

The video I posted has almost THREE MILLION VIEWS!

He should monetize that!

bpiets 11-14-2020 10:11 PM

We feed deer etc in the bad winters ...chipmoncks, squirrels, birds, etc....even plant foods to grow wild in pastures in wilderness, etc..sow some seed here and there..and leave a strip or two of oats, etc near the boarders of fields...:headbanger::coffee::popcorn:

newtothegame 11-14-2020 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage (Post 2673973)
Yeah, he seems like one of the good ones...must spend a fortune on hotdogs and oreos...LOL

The video I posted has almost THREE MILLION VIEWS!

He should monetize that!

According to him, he gets ad revenue only. He doesn't want, nor need donations. he says he spends about 2k a month on food for the raccoons. He is an retired RCP.

bpiets 11-14-2020 10:20 PM

Raccoons make great freinds to have around...very prone to be protective and great pets but they are territorial and fight with each other and kill each other's young etc...and do need to be watched for rabies because they eat dead creatures like bears, skunks, porcupine, etc...foxes are a greater risk than most in general...but that depends on the areas one lives in...xx

Steve 'StatMan' 11-14-2020 10:25 PM

Those raccoons sure are fat! Well fed.

TJDave 11-14-2020 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newtothegame (Post 2673955)
Actually, he doesn't have too. If you follow him, as I do, Jim will tell you all about rabies ......

How so? Have the raccoons been inoculated?

newtothegame 11-14-2020 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJDave (Post 2673991)
How so? Have the raccoons been inoculated?

I can only assume based on what Jim says in his vids...but apparently, that area doesn't have rabies...
Im sure he has some verification but he is aware of the concerns of Rabies and addresses it in his vids

Marshall Bennett 11-15-2020 01:19 PM

Years ago a friend was out hunting and had a mama rabbit rush out from some brush and attacked his left ankle. Had to go through all the rabies shots, a tooth severed a vein as well. He wore a large bandage for weeks.

jay68802 11-15-2020 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marshall Bennett (Post 2674113)
Years ago a friend was out hunting and had a mama rabbit rush out from some brush and attacked his left ankle. Had to go through all the rabies shots, a tooth severed a vein as well. He wore a large bandage for weeks.

Dave Schwartz 11-15-2020 02:32 PM

A dear friend was bitten by a bat the last time they were in the jungles of Bolivia. Had to get the full treatment of rabies shots.

That was probably close to 20 years ago. Perhaps treatment is different now but, as I recall, it was about six weeks and included many shots into the naval.

She said it was quite painful.