Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Red A Stokes III (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=155764)

luisbe 12-21-2019 08:25 PM

Red A Stokes III

I couldn't find any news regarding to him this year, Anyone has any idea why he isn't running?

cj 12-21-2019 08:38 PM

I'm going to assume you mean the jockey Rex Stokes III? He hasn't ridden since August 15, 2018 at Thistledown. He actually won his last couple races, but I can't find any news that indicates why he hasn't been seen.

luisbe 12-21-2019 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cj (Post 2546908)
I'm going to assume you mean the jockey Rex Stokes III? He hasn't ridden since August 15, 2018 at Thistledown. He actually won his last couple races, but I can't find any news that indicates why he hasn't been seen.

He is 35-36 so that's weird.

cj 12-21-2019 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luisbe (Post 2546911)
He is 35-36 so that's weird.

Only thing I could think of that probably wouldn't be reported is if he just couldn't make weight any more. Injuries, accidents, whatever, you'd think that would be somewhere on the internet.

tbwinner 12-21-2019 09:25 PM

Inosencio Diego is another one that I wonder where he ended up. He won a few for me as an owner and did well for a few trainers on the Chicago circuit. No Equibase activity since 2013 and he was pretty young. No injuries or retirement show on a quick Google search.

illinoisbred 12-22-2019 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tbwinner (Post 2546925)
Inosencio Diego is another one that I wonder where he ended up. He won a few for me as an owner and did well for a few trainers on the Chicago circuit. No Equibase activity since 2013 and he was pretty young. No injuries or retirement show on a quick Google search.

I would think making weight might've been the problem for Inosencio. Remember the dinner when he came with us after our Paceadvantage get-together at Arlington? He cleaned his plate...2 fairly large pork chops and all the sides. I too often wonder when riders seem to disappear and we had quite a few on the Chicago circuit that did disappear. I'm thinking most likely,as Cj mentioned above, making weight is the problem.

BarchCapper 12-22-2019 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by illinoisbred (Post 2546980)
I would think making weight might've been the problem for Inosencio. Remember the dinner when he came with us after our Paceadvantage get-together at Arlington? He cleaned his plate...2 fairly large pork chops and all the sides. I too often wonder when riders seem to disappear and we had quite a few on the Chicago circuit that did disappear. I'm thinking most likely,as Cj mentioned above, making weight is the problem.

I know when we owned, there were a number of riders I remembered who were now exercise riders.

I wonder how many of these old favorites are still up on the horses but without their names in the program. Maybe in another 2,000 or so "I Am Horseracing" profiles we'll find out!

mountainman 12-23-2019 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cj (Post 2546913)
Only thing I could think of that probably wouldn't be reported is if he just couldn't make weight any more. Injuries, accidents, whatever, you'd think that would be somewhere on the internet.

Rex is a bird. Lol. And not real happy with me since I defended Almodavar after that infamous taunting incident.

cj 12-23-2019 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mountainman (Post 2547339)
Rex is a bird. Lol. And not real happy with me since I defended Almodavar after that infamous taunting incident.

Any idea why there are no more mounts?

mountainman 12-24-2019 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cj (Post 2547434)
Any idea why there are no more mounts?

I wont say Rex isn't driven to succeed..but he IS wired a bit differently, An extremely polite and modest guy with a deceptively laid back manner that hides a hyper-active mind, and, in the opinion of some, a puzzling lack of self confidence and regrettable level of insecurity.

I watched him ride just one race as a 10-bug and was dead sure i'd seen the next Shoemaker. But while he's had a good (if somewhat spotty) career, Rex has no doubt fallen short of capitalizing on his incredible gifts.

Perhaps not by accident, Rex's best success came with now-deceased Jack Poole Sr hustling his book. Jack served as a VERY firm father figure, which some believe was needed.

I'll have my brother find out what's become of Rex. I certainly wish him the best.