Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Handicapping Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   How much money do you make or lose each year on racing? (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77427)

raybo 11-18-2010 08:49 PM

How much money do you make or lose each year on racing?

I think I may be losing touch with reality, after seeing someone say that making thousands of dollars on racing wasn't worth their time. Here's a poll on gains and losses, please set me straight so I don't go to the grave wondering if what I've been doing for half my life was a waste of time.

Oh, if it's possible for you, be honest.

cj 11-18-2010 10:20 PM

I will say per year is tricky. It is still, after all, gambling.

raybo 11-18-2010 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cj
I will say per year is tricky. It is still, after all, gambling.

Yeah I thought about that after posting the poll. Maybe an average would do.

raybo 11-18-2010 10:35 PM

Remember guys/gals, this is about wagering only, no other income counts.

Cubbymac26 11-19-2010 12:50 AM

I figure I lose around 15000 a year...I figure this based on I make 750 take home dealing cards...I leave early usually after 6 hours so that's 36000 cash my rent is 1250 a month tv is 125 electric 100 food gas 100 a week and say 300 a month on everyday expenses so 36000 minus all expenses the fact I have like 700 in my pocket equals me being stuck 15000

U can't win I hit a pick 6 at hol for 16500 me and my friend partners...I won 5400 last year but before that I walked out losing 82.6 percent lol...

Now I win playing cards so that offsets it

The moral of the storie is if god never invented/created horses I'd have a ton

But if god didn't create horses it would mean more time with the woman....worth losing :lol:

bigmack 11-19-2010 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cubbymac26
The moral of the storie is if god never invented/created horses I'd have a ton

How do you expect to stand a chance in this game if you don't have the wherewithal to spell story?

You might like horses but I'd avoid plunking money on 'em.

Cubbymac26 11-19-2010 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigmack
How do you expect to stand a chance in this game if you don't have the wherewithal to spell story?

Anytime u wanna have a spelling bee or any kind of iq test we can arrange that...obvious spelling mistake guess u have nothing better to do then to bust balls at 132 am...

I'm trying to be active in a gambling forum now I'm getting nit picked by a $2 bettor..maybe the occasional $5 bettor

serp 11-19-2010 09:08 AM

Has anyone done about the same in multiple years? I've only really sunk money into it for 2 years now but both years have been completely different in results (I tell my wife I just got better at it the second year).

Maybe those that have done it for a long time can average it out for a per year number.

eastie 11-19-2010 10:02 AM

nothing grows there

Quote:

the wherewithal ? and a spelling lesson too, from a pedant in the middle of the desert at 1:30 in the morning. If you told it to a mule, he'd kick you.
You spelled your name wrong too. Shouldn't it be Big Mac ? or is too many of them what made you Big Mack ?

therussmeister 11-19-2010 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by serp
Has anyone done about the same in multiple years? I've only really sunk money into it for 2 years now but both years have been completely different in results (I tell my wife I just got better at it the second year).

Maybe those that have done it for a long time can average it out for a per year number.

I do about the same most years if I play about the same number of days. This is because I don't play the pick 6, and I play enough races every year to effectively reduce variance.

Exotic1 11-19-2010 12:10 PM

Just saying ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by eastie
the wherewithal ? and a spelling lesson too, from a pedant in the middle of the desert at 1:30 in the morning. If you told it to a mule, he'd kick you.
You spelled your name wrong too. Shouldn't it be Big Mac ? or is too many of them what made you Big Mack ?

That is very funny.

bigmack 11-19-2010 02:41 PM

The depth of stupidity.

Some rube who spells story, 'storie' :lol:

Mindless goofs who talk about the time of day and can't figure out time differences. A workin' stiff dealing cards and pissing away $15K on nags. And a Teamster trying to connect the spelling of a moniker to a fast food sandwich.

Some big brains goin' on here. :eek:

Cubbymac26 11-19-2010 03:53 PM

Quote:

The depth of stupidity.

Some rube who spells story, 'storie' :lol:

Mindless goofs who talk about the time of day and can't figure out time differences. A workin' stiff dealing cards and pissing away $15K on nags. And a Teamster trying to connect the spelling of a moniker to a fast food sandwich.

Some big brains goin' on here. :eek:

Classic scum.....so I guess ur blasting everybody that works here....I'm sure ur buried in your parents basement the last 40 years

Your the asshole that prob takes up 2 spots at the racetrack bar and drives away would be players like a true degenerate know it all

Can't believe wasting my time with this reply but with no harness or no football and your wife not at my house yet I got a few extra minutes

GaryG 11-19-2010 04:31 PM

Just keep betting....you are a dying breed...:jump: :jump:

johnhannibalsmith 11-19-2010 04:50 PM

Annual Income - Annual Expenses = amount I lost