Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic - General (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Goodyear n BLM (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=159924)

JustRalph 08-19-2020 02:49 PM

Goodyear n BLM

oughtoh 08-19-2020 03:03 PM

Think the slide the employees posted might have something to do with it

https://www.wibw.com/2020/08/18/good...iscriminatory/

jay68802 08-19-2020 03:12 PM

If the slide is true, looks like Goodyear is in full backpedal mode. Oooops.

oughtoh 08-19-2020 04:42 PM

Goodyear is peddling backwards real fast with a statement that they just put out.

Tom 08-19-2020 04:56 PM

FIRESTONE forever! :headbanger::headbanger::headbanger::headbanger:

This is why I love Trump - he plays their game better than they do.

Now,let's all do our part and put a serious crimp in GY's bottom line....enough to get the CEO fired.

barahona44 08-19-2020 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom (Post 2644018)
FIRESTONE forever! :headbanger::headbanger::headbanger::headbanger:

This is why I love Trump - he plays their game better than they do.

Now,let's all do our part and put a serious crimp in GY's bottom line....enough to get the CEO fired.

And workers laid off

Tom 08-19-2020 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barahona44 (Post 2644027)
And workers laid off

Damn straight - NO ONE Should be working! This is a PANDEMIC, dammit!
TIRES? TIRES?
You want those damn looters and rioters to be able to drive around the country spreading death from COVID???

My GAWD Francis, lighten up! :cool:

PaceAdvantage 08-19-2020 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barahona44 (Post 2644027)
And workers laid off

Nobody cared about that 5 months ago...when I was screaming about it...now you suddenly care...lol

barahona44 08-19-2020 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom (Post 2644040)
Damn straight - NO ONE Should be working! This is a PANDEMIC, dammit!
TIRES? TIRES?
You want those damn looters and rioters to be able to drive around the country spreading death from COVID???

My GAWD Francis, lighten up! :cool:

Should make a good ad for the Biden campaign.Show Trump calling for a Goodyear boycott,followed by laid off tire workers.Trump's 47% moment.

barahona44 08-19-2020 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage (Post 2644050)
Nobody cared about that 5 months ago...when I was screaming about it...now you suddenly care...lol

It's not easy being you.The weight of the world on your shoulders.A lone cry in the wilderness.A prophet is always without honor in his own land.

I'm almost hoping Trump wins.Hate to see grown men like yourself cry

PaceAdvantage 08-19-2020 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barahona44 (Post 2644061)
It's not easy being you.The weight of the world on your shoulders.A lone cry in the wilderness.A prophet is always without honor in his own land.

I'm almost hoping Trump wins.Hate to see grown men like yourself cry

Trust me....if Trump loses...I'm not going to cry...unlike if he wins...I know a whole bunch of people who are gonna cry...and then some.

Once again, you guys are inventing fairy tales with your fairy minds.

jk3521 08-19-2020 08:28 PM

JustRalph 08-20-2020 11:50 AM

Track Collector 08-20-2020 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jk3521 (Post 2644125)

Just another example of telling Trump-haters what they WANT to hear and believe. Just check critical thinking skills at the door.

Thebart 08-20-2020 07:38 PM

Here's a critical thinking skill you might try some time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Track Collector (Post 2644335)
Just another example of telling Trump-haters what they WANT to hear and believe. Just check critical thinking skills at the door.

It's worth pointing out that the NY Post is not liberal, lefty or anti-Trump. It is, in fact, pretty much a right wing rag that never misses a chance to take a shot at Democrats. It is owned by the Murdoch clan.

Back to critical thinking. Think about the Goodyear story. Someone in Goodyear publishes what appears to be a poorly thought out list of acceptable and unacceptable phrases or topics employees can wear at work inside its facilities.

Trump, or one of his flunkies, see the opportunity to fire-up many of those angry white folks you love it when Trump stirs stuff up. So, like Pavlov's dog he grabs the Twitter machine and starts posting calls for a boycott of a major American corporation.

Is this what a sensible or normal president would do? Wouldn't a real president, if he (or she) chose to do anything at all, likely call up the top CEO at Goodyear and inquire what this is all about? Wouldn't it make more sense to calm down the waters on all sides, rather than stir crap up?

But, that is not Donald Trump's style. His game is to incite and create tension and rally up as many of his amen chorus has he can. Meanwhile, if sales numbers at Goodyear really dive, you can feel good while thousands of American workers have an increased risk of getting laid off. All so Big Boss Don and gain a few brownie points.