Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Oaklawn Park jockey colony (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=142046)

Afleet 11-28-2017 08:55 PM

Oaklawn Park jockey colony

Alan Garcia and Gary Stevens slated to ride the 2018 meet. Opening day January 12-can't wait!

exactatom 11-29-2017 07:09 AM

Shaping up to be a great meeting.

I often wondered why many jocks from up North don't go to Hot Springs every Winter. The weather is not bad after the first month, the purses continue to grow, and the town is a buzz about racing all meet.

Bring on the 50 cent corned beef sandwiches.

Afleet 11-29-2017 07:54 PM

per DRF:
Trainer Peter Miller, who won two Breeders’ Cup races earlier this month at Del Mar, said Wednesday he plans to have a division of horses at the Oaklawn Park meet that opens in January. It will mark the first time he has raced in Arkansas.

I don't follow the CA circuit, does he get a lot of drug positives?

Afleet 11-29-2017 08:15 PM

Trainer Norman Mcknight, 2nd leading trainer to Casse at woodbine so far in 2017, is bringing a string of horses to Oaklawn this upcoming meet.

GMB@BP 11-29-2017 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Afleet (Post 2246411)
per DRF:
Trainer Peter Miller, who won two Breeders’ Cup races earlier this month at Del Mar, said Wednesday he plans to have a division of horses at the Oaklawn Park meet that opens in January. It will mark the first time he has raced in Arkansas.

I don't follow the CA circuit, does he get a lot of drug positives?

Is the Pope Catholic?

Man, a lot makes it sound like a regular occurrence and thats never the case but he has been caught.

Look most are doing something, some are just better than others.

Afleet 11-29-2017 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMB@BP (Post 2246435)
Is the Pope Catholic?

Man, a lot makes it sound like a regular occurrence and thats never the case but he has been caught.

Look most are doing something, some are just better than others.

Roy H beating Imperial Hint cost me $30k+, no exaggeration. I wonder sometimes was I wrong or was I just cheated

GMB@BP 11-29-2017 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Afleet (Post 2246439)
Roy H beating Imperial Hint cost me $30k+, no exaggeration. I wonder sometimes was I wrong or was I just cheated

Roy H has been all year long I wouldnt feel cheated.

Its that horse with no form who suddenly runs a career yet is 5/1 on the tots as the cash out was in full effect.

parlay 11-30-2017 07:06 AM

This has become the premier betting meet of the winter. I prefer it to GP, TAMPA,FG. All of those have had their shot and blown it. I do not like all the 7 1/2 f turf races at GP. FG needs to redeem itself, last year was a poor meet. Tampa had a renaissance a few years ago but has tailed off. Oh yea AQ, WHO CARES:headbanger: OAKLAWN is full fields, interesting races and large betting pools. I will concentrate on it. All the new faces will really spice it up:jump:

Afleet 11-30-2017 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parlay (Post 2246529)
This has become the premier betting meet of the winter. I prefer it to GP, TAMPA,FG. All of those have had their shot and blown it. I do not like all the 7 1/2 f turf races at GP. FG needs to redeem itself, last year was a poor meet. Tampa had a renaissance a few years ago but has tailed off. Oh yea AQ, WHO CARES:headbanger: OAKLAWN is full fields, interesting races and large betting pools. I will concentrate on it. All the new faces will really spice it up:jump:

I agree w/everything you said. I use to play FG every once in a while, but all the state bred races and 5 1/2 turf sprints I can do w/o. I will spend 95% of my bankroll at OP. I never even look at Gulfstream.

Tampa's handle justifies higher purses but MSW are for only $20k-this needs to be $40-50K are there is no reason to burn a condition there.

maclr11 12-01-2017 02:04 AM

Doug O'Neill planning to have a stable of 15-20 and claim as well this year.

SandyW 12-01-2017 04:57 AM

David Cohen is coming out of retirement at age 33 to ride at the Oaklawn meet.
This is going to be one hell of a meet with full fields and a great jockey colony.

hogoffate 12-02-2017 09:21 AM

I love the OP meet. It's similar to Saratoga in that sometimes you just have to be right twice a day to make some serious money. Very competitive fields and trainers.

The town itself is great with lots of great restaurants and the downtown district is there for the night life. Great food at the track itself and the friendly Southern hospitality makes a day there very enjoyable.

Lemon Drop Husker 12-02-2017 09:57 AM

A great meet that keeps getting better.

One of the good stories in racing today. :ThmbUp:

Afleet 12-05-2017 09:35 PM

Edwin Maldonado coming in from CA to ride. This should be an excellent meet

Cholly 12-05-2017 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hogoffate (Post 2247098)
I love the OP meet...the friendly Southern hospitality makes a day there very enjoyable.

Being from the South, I can say this:

Do you know why people in the South are so friendly? You'd be friendly too if you knew everyone you met was carrying a gun.