Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Serious question...how is DRf still in business??? (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111794)

sammy the sage 03-15-2014 09:49 PM

Serious question...how is DRf still in business???

can't even access their site for UMPTENTH this year alone...

thaskalos 03-15-2014 09:56 PM

They are in business because some idiots like me are unwilling to adjust to the 21st century.

If ever a business deserves to go under...the DRF is it.

sandpit 03-15-2014 09:56 PM

can't argue, this is ridiculous...it's a Saturday less than 2 months before the Derby for God's sake. http://paceadvantage.com/forum/images/smilies/45.gif

Tom 03-16-2014 08:35 AM

They had a serious reduction in power to their servers yesterday.
One of the hamsters died. :(

Exotic1 03-16-2014 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom
They had a serious reduction in power to their servers yesterday.
One of the hamsters died. :(

Oh man, too funny.

goatchaser 03-16-2014 09:16 AM

Paper form $8.00 a copy. That's how.

BettinBilly 03-16-2014 09:36 AM

I'm into technology. Yet, once in a while, I just like looking at a printed old fashioned paper copy of the DRF. Probably because it's nostalgic, I don't exactly know why.

Between random Newsstand sales, online subscriptions and outsourced/advertising revenue, "DRF" probably does better than we think.

I do the same thing with "The Wall Street Journal". I get it online, but once in a while, I still pick up a Newsstand printed copy.

goatchaser 03-16-2014 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BettinBilly
I'm into technology. Yet, once in a while, I just like looking at a printed old fashioned paper copy of the DRF. Probably because it's nostalgic, I don't exactly know why.

Between random Newsstand sales, online subscriptions and outsourced/advertising revenue, "DRF" probably does better than we think.

I do the same thing with "The Wall Street Journal". I get it online, but once in a while, I still pick up a Newsstand printed copy.

Same here Billy..when there's so much going on...And we have 3 contest here at this site..a couple of other online contest..Maybe playing that Rainbow 6 now and then...which should get over 4 Million today. It's just hard to go back online..can't make my Marks Like I do on paper..Little reminders why I like a horse. Plus when you go out to the track ..It's hard printing out all the PP's and rummaging through them at the track. SO.....Like you...Maybe twice a month...I do buy the Paper Form. Wish ONLINE form would have a little box you could type in your own comments at the end of the PP's...Just so you remember why you liked a certain horse in the race.

duncan04 03-16-2014 10:50 AM

They are still in business because the older horseplayers hate change.

takeout 03-16-2014 10:52 AM

I've been asking myself that since the early '90's.

Robert Goren 03-16-2014 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan04
They are still in business because the older horseplayers hate change.

Aren't all horseplayers older?

TMQ 03-16-2014 10:57 AM

Because over 50% of the old timers at the track wouldn't even know how to type in a web address. :bang:

Robert Goren 03-16-2014 10:59 AM

Isn't a lot of the answer to that question Beyer's speed figures?

lamboguy 03-16-2014 11:26 AM

the DRF does have a great product these days, THE FORMULATOR. its not cheap though.

classhandicapper 03-16-2014 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamboguy
the DRF does have a great product these days, THE FORMULATOR. its not cheap though.

I realize I am biased, but there are apparently a lot of curmudgeons in racing.

I agree with you. Formulator remains an almost indispensable product and a very good value for comprehensive handicappers. Virtually anything you could possibly want is one click away.

Plus a bunch of new pedigree stats and information was just added (and will be improved further shortly).

You get good stats for Sire/Broodmare and the PPs of the Sire, Broodmare, Broodmare Sire, and offspring to see how they all actually ran if don't know or can't remember their race records. I also happen to know there is a ton of great stuff in the pipeline.