Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic - General (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Alex Jones banned from social media :( (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=146536)

letswastemoney 08-06-2018 03:25 PM

Alex Jones banned from social media :(

https://twitter.com/TwitterMoments/s...849369097?s=19

Initially, I did not think this was against free speech. But now I do. Social media platforms are supposedly unbiased and allow the free exchange of ideas, whether right or wrong.

This makes it clear they are the enemy of the people, along with mainstream media.

In a strange way, it might help Trump in the long run, as liberals will be seen as pro-censorship.

PaceAdvantage 08-06-2018 03:51 PM

I don't visit anything to do with Alex Jones...years ago I would look at his website when I was into the whole 9/11 conspiracy stuff.

With that said, I find this pretty sad that they would ban him from facebook and wherever else...

I would hope everyone else here on off-topic, no matter your political stripes, would agree with me on this.

Those lefties who like to visit Alex Jones (and we all know you can't get enough of him), is he really that bad? Worth banning?

What did he do? Incite a riot? Get a bunch of people to dress in black with riot gear on the west coast over the weekend? Is that why they banned him?

Oh wait...that was antifa...never mind...did they get banned too?

Tom 08-06-2018 04:06 PM

Banning his is not a good thing.
Let him keep yapping and normal people will never doubt what a tool he is! :headbanger:

Freedom of speech is something the left is afraid of.

FantasticDan 08-06-2018 04:59 PM

PaceAdvantage 08-06-2018 05:07 PM

So you agree, Dan, that AJ should be banned from social media?

FantasticDan 08-06-2018 05:13 PM

I agree with what my shit meme says. Duh.

barahona44 08-06-2018 05:43 PM

Don't agree with banning him but these are private entities,not government agencies.Most,if not all, are publicly traded corporations whose only fiduciary responsibility is to their shareholders.They made a decision that may hurt them or help them financially.But it was their decision to make .

There is no "right" to a job.

And like the man said,freedom of the press is for those who own one.

newtothegame 08-06-2018 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barahona44 (Post 2352166)
Don't agree with banning him but these are private entities,not government agencies.Most,if not all, are publicly traded corporations whose only fiduciary responsibility is to their shareholders.They made a decision that may hurt them or help them financially.But it was their decision to make .

There is no "right" to a job.

And like the man said,freedom of the press is for those who own one.

I semi agree with this...…
The reason I say "semi" is IF they are truly free from government intervention, then they should have to right to refuse service or carry anyone they disagree with.
The problem become the FCC which regulates stuff like this I think.
There is government intervention (FCC) so "free" kind of goes out the window as we live now in regards to press and media....

PaceAdvantage 08-06-2018 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FantasticDan (Post 2352159)
I agree with what my shit meme says. Duh.

Like you said...shit meme...I don't know what you are saying.

Pretend I'm ely...spell it out for me. In your own words. If you're capable.

FantasticDan 08-06-2018 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage (Post 2352198)
Like you said...shit meme...I don't know what you are saying.

Jesus :bang:

PaceAdvantage 08-06-2018 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FantasticDan (Post 2352207)

Whatever dude. Remind me never to try and have a normal conversation with you ever again.

FantasticDan 08-06-2018 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage (Post 2352208)
Whatever dude. Remind me never to try and have a normal conversation with you ever again.

Promise? :kiss: :ThmbUp:

PaceAdvantage 08-06-2018 09:41 PM

ely is no longer the "biggest dick of off-topic" champion

sorry ely

horses4courses 08-06-2018 09:58 PM

No Ban Required

Alex Jones helps the liberal cause because he is so ridiculous.
Don't want to see him banned from anywhere.

classhandicapper 08-06-2018 10:03 PM

The possibility of banning Alex Jones would not even be a conversation if the left wasn't trying to turn the country into a totalitarian state.

Alex Jones is what he is. He's an anti establishment wild man that gives a voice to a lot of conspiracy minded people that do not do a very good job researching what they claim. However, when the founders created the 1st amendment they had a guy sort of like Alex Jones in mind. They were thinking about a guy that was spouting off anti government, anti press, and anti establishment rhetoric that those in power would try to silence.

Those in power don't care if you spout nonsense about aliens and romantic affairs in the tabloids and hurt people. They don't care if you spin and lie in ways that help them. But they do care if along with your nonsense you tell truths about how the government operates that harms them even if you get some of the details wrong.

The assumption that everything the government and mainstream media tells us is true is about the most naive position a person can take.