Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic - General (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Religious (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88142)

boxcar 10-11-2016 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hcap
Pride in thinking you were somehow "pre-destined" by God and others were not unless they bought into your flat literal understanding of Christianity, and your absurd egomaniacal pride in lacking the most basic of understandings of everything else, has gotta be the height of foolishness. It is also why no one on this thread takes you seriously.

No, you are not being persecuted by "God haters". as you think Jesus and his disciples were. That also is pride to the nth power to say the least.

You are being laughed at by anyone with a functional brain.

Who God has predestined in eternity to bring into his glorious kingdom has nothing to do with me or how I interpret scripture; for the sovereign God of the universe works all things after the counsel of his own will (Eph 1:11) -- literally!

thaskalos 10-11-2016 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boxcar
Who God has predestined in eternity to bring into his glorious kingdom has nothing to do with me or how I interpret scripture; for the sovereign God of the universe works all things after the counsel of his own will (Eph 1:11) -- literally!

I know I've asked you this in the past...but I don't remember ever getting an answer from you:

If God has "predestined" his chosen people for the "eternal life"...then, why did Jesus hand out a things-to-do list for attaining the "Kingdom of Heaven"? I mean...if the "saved" are predetermined...then, what good are all those instructions to "give your belongings to the poor"...or "be like the little children"...etc?

boxcar 10-11-2016 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thaskalos
I know I've asked you this in the past...but I don't remember ever getting an answer from you:

If God has "predestined" his chosen people for the "eternal life"...then, why did Jesus hand out a things-to-do list for attaining the "Kingdom of Heaven"? I mean...if the "saved" are predetermined...then, what good are all those instructions to "give your belongings to the poor"...or "be like the little children"...etc?

Because the children of the King are to live their lives as children of royalty. Those who have been given a new heart (promised in the New Covenant) are to manifest that inner transformation in their everyday lives. "Eternal life", among other things means that the elect have been spiritually raised from dead, consequently the sin nature will no longer dominate their lives. Christians will no longer be enslaved to that nature. Eternal life is the power within that frees God's people from the bondage of the sin nature.

boxcar 10-12-2016 12:18 PM

You Catholics, Beware of How You Vote!

Catholic Priest: 'Your Soul Will Be In Grave Danger' If You Vote For Pro-Abortion Politicians

Citing the 5th Commandment, "thou shall not kill," the Catholic Rev. John Lankeit said he was bound to speak out in defense of the most innocent and vulnerable in society -- babies in the womb -- and that faithful Catholics must do the same, especially in this election year. He added that if a Catholic votes for a candidate who supports abortion, then that Catholic's "soul will be in grave danger."

"Make no mistake!" said Fr. Lankeit, the pastor of the Saints Simon & Jude Cathedral in Phoenix, Ariz. "There is no single issue that threatens innocent human life more directly, consistently, imminently and urgently than the deliberate killing of baby boys and baby girls in their mother’s womb. No issue!"

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/45f8a4c...39%3Byour.html

Actor 10-12-2016 03:22 PM

Coming next Easter. :cool:

[YT=""]cnS8FjMQx0k[/YT]

boxcar 10-12-2016 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Actor
Coming next Easter. :cool:

[YT=""]cnS8FjMQx0k[/YT]

You must have been the class clown growing up...and your own number 1 fan.

Light 10-12-2016 04:08 PM

Quote:

Catholic Priest: 'Your Soul Will Be In Grave Danger' If You Vote For Pro-Abortion Politicians

Citing the 5th Commandment, "thou shall not kill," the Catholic Rev. John Lankeit said he was bound to speak out in defense of the most innocent and vulnerable in society -- babies in the womb -- and that faithful Catholics must do the same, especially in this election year.

These kind are usually hypocrites because they are usually hawks for supporting war which also comes under "thou shall not kill". And you are not one to talk about this boxcar because I'm pretty sure you are one of them. Don't tell me you are a "pacifist" because you argued with me against pacifism. So much for your faith in God.

Actor 10-12-2016 04:47 PM

Quote:

You must have been the class clown growing up...and your own number 1 fan.

Wrong on both counts.

boxcar 10-12-2016 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Light
These kind are usually hypocrites because they are usually hawks for supporting war which also comes under "thou shall not kill". And you are not one to talk about this boxcar because I'm pretty sure you are one of them. Don't tell me you are a "pacifist" because you argued with me against pacifism. So much for your faith in God.

In a just war, there is no murder committed.

And don't forget: God "led" Israel into many a victorious battle! So spare me your unbiblical pacifism.

boxcar 10-12-2016 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Actor
Wrong on both counts.

Prove it.

HalvOnHorseracing 10-12-2016 06:52 PM

Quote:

Prove it.

Well, for one thing he was there and you weren't.

Or, perhaps he read it in a book that he found buried in the middle east.

Actor 10-12-2016 08:49 PM

Quote:

Prove it.

You are the one making the claim, ergo, the burden of proof is yours.

And why would you conclude that I was the class clown based on my posting a link to a movie trailer? Do you think the movie is a comedy? It's not. It's a documentary.

Light 10-12-2016 09:02 PM

Quote:

And don't forget: God "led" Israel into many a victorious battle! So spare me your unbiblical pacifism.

There are no "just wars". That's your spin. And God is not a "SuperJew" who leads Israel in battle. Guys on drugs make more sense than you.

Hank 10-12-2016 09:17 PM

Quote:

Quote:

In a just war, there is no murder committed

:lol:

Actor 10-12-2016 10:14 PM

Quote:

There have only been three just wars:
  • The American Revolution.
  • World War II.
  • The Star Wars trilogy.