Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   The Fair Grounds (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111537)

lamboguy 03-06-2014 05:31 PM

The Fair Grounds

i would love to bet that track has broken the all time record for off the turf races.

this hombre is not complaining though, i love those races

PhantomOnTour 03-06-2014 09:05 PM

Fair Grounds

CincyHorseplayer 03-06-2014 09:19 PM

Soggy Grounds?

olddaddy 03-06-2014 10:00 PM

A lot of grass races were taken off last year also. I cant see grass stables going back there next year with tampa and gulfstream as other choices.

howardjim 03-07-2014 10:38 AM

I read somewhere that the course drainage system had been recently replaced and was not working properly.

You've got to factor in the CD ownership, these days they don't seem to care about much more than the Derby and to a lesser extent Twin Spires.

lamboguy 03-07-2014 12:30 PM

again off the turf. i seriously wonder why they keep entering every day for the turf there. maybe they are trying to find someone that has been in a coma since Thanksgiving.

RXB 03-07-2014 06:38 PM

The course is literally sinking-- which is a real problem when you're almost at sea level to begin with, and running a meet in a wet climate during a time of year when the weather isn't warm enough to dry the course all that quickly.

CDI penny-pinchers obviously are no help, same as usual. FG was better when Krantz owned it.

lamboguy 03-07-2014 07:05 PM

i think we desperately need for Hialeah to open up their turf course next year and let the Fair Grounds go to an all dirt meet.

olddaddy 03-07-2014 10:17 PM

I know poly is a dying surface but maybe it would make some sense for Fair Grounds.

Valuist 03-10-2014 12:20 PM

I don't know anyone can advocate win betting anymore. At the Fair Grounds this past Saturday, sprint stake. The gate opens and Heitai is 7-2. After beating Delaunay out of the gate down the backstretch, the horse comes down to 3-1. Heitai ends up demolishing the field. The win payoff? $6.60. Huge difference between 7-2 and 2-1. This isn't a tiny track with no handle.

lamboguy 03-10-2014 12:35 PM

don't feel bad, i had one over there where the exacta was paying $73 for $1 in the winner's circle, when i got my payoff the sucker paid $49 for $1.

its blowing my mind these days because i usually have these things figured out by now. all i know is i have been trying to stay away from the horses that the conditional wager guys are on, and the ones where the bell bettors are going to find.

of course i don't know where the bell betting is taking place. i do have my suspicions with no proof.

wonatthewire1 03-10-2014 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valuist
I don't know anyone can advocate win betting anymore. At the Fair Grounds this past Saturday, sprint stake. The gate opens and Heitai is 7-2. After beating Delaunay out of the gate down the backstretch, the horse comes down to 3-1. Heitai ends up demolishing the field. The win payoff? $6.60. Huge difference between 7-2 and 2-1. This isn't a tiny track with no handle.

I'll take part of the blame for the odds drop as I loved the horse at 7-2. I bet when they were loading and couldn't pass it up!

Valuist 03-10-2014 01:21 PM

Best solution? Lock the windows when the first horse enters the starting gate. Bettors will adapt.

Tall One 03-10-2014 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamboguy
again off the turf. i seriously wonder why they keep entering every day for the turf there. maybe they are trying to find someone that has been in a coma since Thanksgiving.

:D

BIG49010 03-10-2014 03:58 PM

Churchill doesn't card grass races anymore at Calder, they will probably do the same at the FG. Churchill :ThmbDown:'s