Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Clocker Suspended Five Years For Posting Fraudulent Workouts (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=144084)

upthecreek 04-05-2018 09:21 AM

Clocker Suspended Five Years For Posting Fraudulent Workouts

Inner Dirt 04-05-2018 09:56 AM

Could someone explain the motivation for what she did? Entering works that never happened. When I read it I though it would be about altering the times to make them look better or worse than they should.

biggestal99 04-05-2018 10:19 AM

Once owned a horse that had a fraudulent work posted.

all the owners (it was group ownership) were up in arms ("our horse didn't work, did he").

trainer made a mistake and ID the wrong working horse to the clockers.

and no clocker even said :boo: about it even though it was obviously the wrong horse.

Allan

johnhannibalsmith 04-05-2018 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inner Dirt (Post 2298478)
Could someone explain the motivation for what she did? Entering works that never happened. When I read it I though it would be about altering the times to make them look better or worse than they should.

Given that they were quarter horses I gather, probably just getting the required works to enter. As in, they live and train on the farm and hadn't run in a while and needed a work to enter. My experiences make that the most likely cause of a fictional work.

jay68802 04-05-2018 11:54 AM

If my memory is correct, a horse has to show a work in the state within 60 days to be eligible to race. Nice to see a serious penalty here.

Inner Dirt 04-05-2018 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnhannibalsmith (Post 2298494)
Given that they were quarter horses I gather, probably just getting the required works to enter. As in, they live and train on the farm and hadn't run in a while and needed a work to enter. My experiences make that the most likely cause of a fictional work.

So with a quarter horse a work is a major expense involving trailering the horse to and from the track? I didn't know QH trainers didn't have barn space on the track grounds. If so that makes sense.

lamboguy 04-05-2018 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jay68802 (Post 2298525)
If my memory is correct, a horse has to show a work in the state within 60 days to be eligible to race. Nice to see a serious penalty here.

you are precisely right! the times of workouts mean less than ZERO. the fact that the horse worked does mean a lot.

onefast99 04-05-2018 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biggestal99 (Post 2298492)
Once owned a horse that had a fraudulent work posted.

all the owners (it was group ownership) were up in arms ("our horse didn't work, did he").

trainer made a mistake and ID the wrong working horse to the clockers.

and no clocker even said :boo: about it even though it was obviously the wrong horse.

Allan

I had a maiden who had to work early mornings as once she saw all the activity on the track she refused to work. My trainer had a horse work in 36 flat by accident the clocker got my horse instead and she Now had a bullet work next to her name she ran in a 10k claimer at parx finished 5th out of 7 horses and there was a three way shake. That was two years ago she is still a maiden to this day! I always wondered why a trainer can’t say you got the wrong horse we never worked that fast.

jay68802 04-05-2018 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamboguy (Post 2298537)
you are precisely right! the times of workouts mean less than ZERO. the fact that the horse worked does mean a lot.

Tend to agree with you here, just having the work is the most important thing. When I look at works, I look at the trainer, and the track the work was on. A 4 in :50 work is slow for Baffert at Santa Anita, but is fast for Broberg at Delta.

Ruffian1 04-05-2018 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inner Dirt (Post 2298531)
So with a quarter horse a work is a major expense involving trailering the horse to and from the track? I didn't know QH trainers didn't have barn space on the track grounds. If so that makes sense.

Plenty of thoroughbred horses train on farms as well. Same problem.

johnhannibalsmith 04-05-2018 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruffian1 (Post 2298549)
Plenty of thoroughbred horses train on farms as well. Same problem.

Yeah, I didn't meant to imply that it was a scenario unique to quarter horses. Just that given it is already the most likely scenario, factor in that they are quarter horses and I would take about 4-5 that it is the case. Just even more likely. :)

Ruffian1 04-05-2018 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnhannibalsmith (Post 2298552)
Yeah, I didn't meant to imply that it was a scenario unique to quarter horses. Just that given it is already the most likely scenario, factor in that they are quarter horses and I would take about 4-5 that it is the case. Just even more likely. :)

No worries. Never thought you did. I would assume that it is indeed more prevalent in quarter horses .
Thanks.

Inner Dirt 04-06-2018 07:56 AM

Wonder what an unscrupulous clocker charges for a phony work? There has to be some pay-off involved.

Tom 04-06-2018 04:32 PM

Maybe they are auditioning for a job at Trakus?