Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL** (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Baffert Seeks to Continue Dominance in Los Al Futurity (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=149147)

Blenheim 12-06-2018 02:44 PM

Baffert Seeks to Continue Dominance in Los Al Futurity

f2tornado 12-07-2018 12:25 PM

It's easier to dominate a race that tends to have short fields. His chalk, Improbable, drew the rail and will be a tough beat in this renewal. I'm not a fan of sire City Zip in routes but the dam side is impressive. Baffert also has a nice looking filly Mother Mother in the Starlet. If I can figure out the goofy race between then a simple P3 play.

Blenheim 12-07-2018 01:02 PM

Rip City

Good luck on your P3.

~

I've been researching City Zip, I think he may be underestimated, I attached a few links @ the bottom of the page; good stuff worth reading. I agree the bottom side is impressive and is key to the mint. I've researched a few horses in my time, none like this one. It'll be interesting to see how his future odds change should he win the race. Last I read, Power Up had the overseas books at 65/1 here in the states at 17/1. :ThmbUp:

Here are the links:

City Zip gets long overdue recognition with two Eclipse Winners

Sire City Zip's versatility will be evident at Breeders' Cup

Sire Profile: City Zip

Lookin' forward to the Los Al.

GMB@BP 12-08-2018 01:56 PM

its just a weak ass grade 2 race, doesnt matter to anything!!

f2tornado 12-08-2018 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMB@BP (Post 2404703)
its just a weak ass grade 2 race, doesnt matter to anything!!

At least get your sarcasm right. It's a Grade 1.

Collected on the super but the bomber in race 6 blew my P3.

GMB@BP 12-08-2018 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by f2tornado (Post 2404846)
At least get your sarcasm right. It's a Grade 1.

Collected on the super but the bomber in race 6 blew my P3.

maybe you can figure out the inside joke part of my post...i doubt it

bobphilo 12-08-2018 09:04 PM

I'm glad that the late City Zip has a good one in the G1 Los Alamitos Futurity winner, Improbable. I was always a fan of the hard hitting little horse when he raced and am glad to see the late sire is finally getting some recognition for his offspring.

Tom 12-09-2018 08:55 AM

Race is being renamed next year.

The "Bob Baffert Christmas Bonus."

Blenheim 12-09-2018 12:23 PM

Rip City

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobphilo (Post 2404870)
I'm glad that the late City Zip has a good one in the G1 Los Alamitos Futurity winner, Improbable. I was always a fan of the hard hitting little horse when he raced and am glad to see the late sire is finally getting some recognition for his offspring.

Interestingly, Bill Farish of Lane’s End describes “ . . . he was a sprinter – bred to be a sprinter, was a sprinter, looks like a sprinter – but he’s gotten horses that can run on the turf and run at a mile and a sixteenth and, in some cases, longer,” Farish said. “That’s something that I don’t think people expected from him, was two-turn horses. He’s been very successful doing that, and that increased his popularity a lot.”

NO doubt his popularity will continue to increase as Improbable moves up the Leaderboard.