Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Handicapping Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   SCRATCHED OR NOT (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=146873)

NorCalGreg 08-22-2018 03:24 PM

SCRATCHED OR NOT

First of all...is Twinspires working for anyone? I just get a 500

message saying:
This page

isn’t working www.twinspires.com is currently unable to

handle this request.

I know you all easterners are more sophisticated than us west coasters--but where I'm from --either a horse is scratched--or he's not. I don't usually see scratches, and almost never from GPX...if they've had this message on the scratch list anywhere I've never noticed.

https://s33.postimg.cc/oolelfc6n/scratched.png

Is the horse scratched or not?

CheckMark 08-22-2018 03:32 PM

He is scratched and is re-entered into another race for later on. I notice that too so your not the only one.

v j stauffer 08-25-2018 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NorCalGreg (Post 2359019)
First of all...is Twinspires working for anyone? I just get a 500

message saying:
This page

isn’t working www.twinspires.com is currently unable to

handle this request.

I know you all easterners are more sophisticated than us west coasters--but where I'm from --either a horse is scratched--or he's not. I don't usually see scratches, and almost never from GPX...if they've had this message on the scratch list anywhere I've never noticed.

https://s33.postimg.cc/oolelfc6n/scratched.png

Is the horse scratched or not?

We stopped putting "re-entered" as a scratch reason in CA. because many people made the same mistake you did.

Just as a side handicapping note. Be careful to when you see a horse was a "VET" scratch. Sometimes people see that and instantly think the horse may have been unsound. Not always the case. Far from it in fact.

VET scratches can be for a slight temp, not eating up, or frankly if a trainer just doesn't feel like running and doesn't want to deal with the stewards. Yes a VET scratch like that will put you on the list. But it's usually between 5 & 10 days. No big deal. I've seen a hundred times a horse is listed as scratched by the VET and that same horse works the following morning in 59-HG.

ultracapper 08-28-2018 12:22 PM

I'm sure they've used "re-entered" as a scratch reason at this DMR meet.

I'm pretty sure, anyway.

They've had so many AEs at DMR this meet that re-entered made sense. I guess sometimes you just see "Trainer" and the horse pops up 3 cards later also.

biggestal99 08-28-2018 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by v j stauffer (Post 2361092)
We stopped putting "re-entered" as a scratch reason in CA. because many people made the same mistake you did.

Just as a side handicapping note. Be careful to when you see a horse was a "VET" scratch. Sometimes people see that and instantly think the horse may have been unsound. Not always the case. Far from it in fact.

VET scratches can be for a slight temp, not eating up, or frankly if a trainer just doesn't feel like running and doesn't want to deal with the stewards. Yes a VET scratch like that will put you on the list. But it's usually between 5 & 10 days. No big deal. I've seen a hundred times a horse is listed as scratched by the VET and that same horse works the following morning in 59-HG.

as an owner, I have had both instances.

VET scratch--once the entries came out, our horse was way overclassed.
so the old VET scratch with a major case of 'dipsydoodleitis'. Funny how it cleared up quickly in two weeks and was re-entered in a better spot.

re-entered scratch---we were looking for a nice claiming spot but none can came out in like 10 days, Trainer reluctantly entered in an also ran allowance spot (our horse needed a race in the worst way). Okay the overnights come out 8 horse field and our horse was mid pack at best. But on the overnights they hung out an extra claimer on the turf. so we re-enter our horse in the claimer. extra goes. we scratch--reentered and she airs by 2 in the claimer at 5-1.

any time you see a re entered scratch take note.

Allan

ultracapper 08-30-2018 03:30 PM

I hated contradicting Vic because he's going to be much better informed than myself, but I could have sworn I saw "re-entered" at this DMR meet. I'm glad I wasn't going crazy. There's a scratch in the 3rd today and the reason given is "re-entered".