Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL** (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   2021 Triple Crown Trail via TimeformUS (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=163113)

usfgeology 04-20-2021 09:36 AM

Thanks again this year CJ :ThmbUp:

Tom 05-01-2021 03:38 PM

Dittos!:headbanger:

PaceAdvantage 05-01-2021 04:12 PM

Trittos!

Spalding No! 05-01-2021 09:28 PM

CJ's pace figures revealed all along that Medina Spirit was a "hidden" frontrunner if so utilized by his rider. Even without Caddo River and Concert Tour, I thought there was speed to be found from Soup and Sandwich, Rock Your World, and Midnight Bourbon but could not reconcile Medina Spirit's Robert Lewis effort (with the fastest Timeform numbers on a dry track) on the front end with his other races.

In hindsight, he was nearly on equal terms with Life Is Good going a flat mile despite letting his more fancied stablemate have the run of the race and then ran interference for him in the San Felipe.

His Santa Anita Derby form was muddled, too, as revealed by John Velasquez in his post-race interview while still on horseback. He said he let Rock Your World go in that race because he presumed he would "come back to him" after setting fast fractions and spent most of the race worried about Dream Shake for some odd reason. Said the plan today was simply to use his early speed and see what happens.

I thought he would get a Real Quiet-type trip if he was good enough, but instead got the patented unpressured lead granted to all Baffert horses in 10 furlong races. Only the horrendously ill-prepared Soup and Sandwich harried him at any stage of the early going.

Robert Fischer 05-02-2021 12:43 PM

Have a few days left on the 'monthly' package I purchased from TimeformUS about the first week of April or so.

Quality product, and I really enjoy having the full access to charts that comes with the monthly package.

Over time, I've gone from strictly 'Pace Figures' settings to using both the color-coded Pace Figs and the adjusted fractions.

'Pace Projector' has pretty much become a standard of horseplayers, much like the Beyer Speed fig, and the DRF Formulator.

Having a lot of fun, and will 'renew'.

Thanks for all the work CJ

cj 05-02-2021 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spalding No! (Post 2719867)
CJ's pace figures revealed all along that Medina Spirit was a "hidden" frontrunner if so utilized by his rider. Even without Caddo River and Concert Tour, I thought there was speed to be found from Soup and Sandwich, Rock Your World, and Midnight Bourbon but could not reconcile Medina Spirit's Robert Lewis effort (with the fastest Timeform numbers on a dry track) on the front end with his other races.

In hindsight, he was nearly on equal terms with Life Is Good going a flat mile despite letting his more fancied stablemate have the run of the race and then ran interference for him in the San Felipe.

His Santa Anita Derby form was muddled, too, as revealed by John Velasquez in his post-race interview while still on horseback. He said he let Rock Your World go in that race because he presumed he would "come back to him" after setting fast fractions and spent most of the race worried about Dream Shake for some odd reason. Said the plan today was simply to use his early speed and see what happens.

I thought he would get a Real Quiet-type trip if he was good enough, but instead got the patented unpressured lead granted to all Baffert horses in 10 furlong races. Only the horrendously ill-prepared Soup and Sandwich harried him at any stage of the early going.

Yep, wrote an article for DRF on the Pace Projector and the read I gave was the post would force his hand and he'd be sent to the lead. He certainly had it in his PPs. You wonder what happens to this horse if Life is Good stays healthy!

rastajenk 05-02-2021 03:48 PM

He probably wins the Pat Day. :p