Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic - General (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   MLK Day (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=162686)

PaceAdvantage 01-18-2021 11:05 AM

MLK Day

Too bad our entire nation basically ignores his great words below:

Quote:

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character. I have a dream today.
We are so far from this dream at this moment, it's sickening...

davew 01-18-2021 11:21 AM

the great president 0bama helped fund race wars for years to come.

myohmyjustify 01-18-2021 11:52 AM

The left and the media for many years now have called MLK Doctor King, instead of the more appropriate and respectful Reverend King.

Not a big deal some might say.

But the very same left and media never fails to call a charlatan, racist, match-book annointed Al Sharpton a Reverend.

MargieRose 01-18-2021 12:02 PM

“I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word in reality. This is why right, temporarily defeated, is stronger than evil triumphant.”

MARTIN LUTHER KING JR

46zilzal 01-18-2021 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by myohmyjustify (Post 2695101)
The left and the media for many years now have called MLK Doctor King, instead of the more appropriate and respectful Reverend King.

Boston University PhD...That would qualify most for the title DOCTOR of Philosophy

PhantomOnTour 01-18-2021 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davew (Post 2695091)
the great president 0bama helped fund race wars for years to come.

Folks on the Right LOVE to point out how Lefties are obsessed with Pres Trump while they continue to complain about Obama (and don't get me started on Hillary)
:lol:

Have a great holiday (if you even know how)

TJDave 01-18-2021 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by myohmyjustify (Post 2695101)

Not a big deal some might say.

But the very same left and media never fails to call a charlatan, racist, match-book annointed Al Sharpton a Reverend.

MLK earned a BA from Morehouse, a B.Div. From Crozer Seminary and a Doctorate from Boston U.

Sharpton was ordained a Pentecostal minister at the age of ten and is a Brooklyn College dropout.

Marshall Bennett 01-18-2021 01:00 PM

Get real. Sharpton's been a bum all his life.

Robert Fischer 01-18-2021 01:13 PM

edit- don't type long stories after strong coffee :)

My mother taught me to treat everyone as equals (or more specifically "by the content of their character")

Grew up in a town called Takoma Park. I was on the edge of TP, technically in Prince George's County.

Had an 'alternate' address for school, thanks to a nice man named David Eisner, the owner of the House of Musical Traditions in Takoma Park, Maryland.

This was the mid '80s, and the crack epidemic had hit hard, and there was a huge difference in the quality of the school systems.

As a teen my mother was ill, and I lived in a world of basketball. I have a heart problem, but as a child and teen, most in the neighborhood believed I was headed to the NBA. I played with 90% black teammates, and never thought anything of it. For the most part I had friends, and the older crowd watched out for me, and wouldn't even let me smoke marijuana, warning me of "Len Bias". I was sucker-punched a couple times, and once warned to go home by an older friend/advisor because I had blocked the shot of a man who had just been released from jail/prison.

My father was a dept head and math teacher, in the inner city Baltimore. He was not racist. He put a lot of love in his job. He coached a girls basketball team from his school, and they were very talented and successful. The only racist moment I recall, was the day he came home crying. Apparently his team had rushed into the stands of the opposing team crowd and their was a brutal fight/riot. He was crying and said the N-word for the only time I'd heard that from him.

As I got older, I came out of my sports-world delusion-protective-shell, and became more aware of how race still plays a part in our society.

myohmyjustify 01-18-2021 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 46zilzal (Post 2695112)
Boston University PhD...That would qualify most for the title DOCTOR of Philosophy

The left continues to downplay the fact Reverend Martin Luther King was a spiritual leader who promoted PEACE, FAITH, and LOVE while "promoting" the status of a vile, race-baiting huckster man of hate, Al Sharpton, by regularly calling him a reverend.

JustRalph 01-18-2021 02:06 PM

I’m just going to point out that there is another view of King.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...cuments-227042

PaceAdvantage 01-18-2021 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustRalph (Post 2695150)
I’m just going to point out that there is another view of King.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...cuments-227042

A lot of this sounds like the allegations against Trump for four years....I'll pass on this too.

Robert Fischer 01-18-2021 05:19 PM

some conspiracy theorists claim King was 'controlled opposition', and funded and instructed (maybe even blackmailed w/ the link Ralph posted), by the alphabet boys...

that's nonsense.

The main thing; He was a positive inspiration to many Americans.

delayjf 01-18-2021 05:41 PM

Quote:

Too bad our entire nation basically ignores his great words below:
As it is, MLK day is poorly situated date wise. Xmas is over, everybody's broke, and has the post holiday blues.

I've always felt that MLK day should be moved to the month of Aug where it could be better celebrated. They could stage a huge celebration of the civil rights movement in DC, to include reenacting his famous "I have a dream" speech on a huge jumbo screen on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial where it actually took place. The nation would also get a much need holiday in the summer between the 4th of July and labor day. It would be a win, win for the country.

Marshall Bennett 01-18-2021 07:17 PM

Modern day leftist thugs don't have a clue about MLK. They're too busy trying to change the world by force to be seriously educated.

davew 01-19-2021 07:53 AM

peaceful celebration turns into violent clash :eek:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ters-NYPD.html

tucker6 01-19-2021 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davew (Post 2695387)
peaceful celebration turns into violent clash :eek:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ters-NYPD.html

just wait until these protestors find out that the internet will delete them permanently and that they are fired from their jobs. Just wait .. :pound: