Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Aqueduct 2nd race DQ (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=81590)

MartyZee 03-31-2011 01:53 PM

Aqueduct 2nd race DQ

The stewards took the 1 down after a jockey objection-If anything Awesome Merger bumped into the 3 who in turn caused the big favorite Zio Tony to check slightly- Why wasn't the 1 placed after the 3 because if anything that's the horse he bothered? I have seen much worse infractions and nothing is even looked at; That's the only way that Zio Tony could have won-another great job by the stewards. And yes I did have a big bet on the 1

ALL CIRCUITS GO 03-31-2011 02:02 PM

me too!

I saw the race on tv, went for a drink, came back to see payoffs, was greeted by the DQ.. if you're gonn DQ, then do it the right way, take the 1 down behind the 3...

I had a bet on the 1, I really didn't see a need to DQ, based upon what I've seen stand at this track..

I am left asking WTF??

:confused:

Horseplayersbet.com 03-31-2011 02:06 PM

I've seen quite a few DQ placings in my life, but this one was new to me.

Onion Monster 03-31-2011 02:14 PM

Horse should have been left up, but the jock should have been DQ'd.

Pedroza goes to the whip a couple of times and the horse drifts right into the fading speed horse who impedes the odds-on favorite. Just for good measure, Pedroza goes to the whip again and the horse bolts again deep in stretch.

The Aqueduct jock colony is awful. Davis, inexplicably, keeps getting mounts. Eddie Castro has been riding incompetently of late. Just bet the horse Dominguez and/or Cohen is riding. The early money has figured this out.

MartyZee 03-31-2011 02:15 PM

Don't cash 3rd race

HOLD ON******* Don't cash your 3rd race tickects on the 2- The stewards are trying to take him down for running too fast or winning by the length of the track******only kidding- PLEASE CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN TO ME WHY THE 1 WASN"T PLACED BEHIND THE 3 IN RACE 2; I HAVE BEEN BETTING FOR OVER 45 YEARS AND I NEED AN EXPLANATION- THANKS

MaTH716 03-31-2011 02:19 PM

W.W.V.D.?

cj 03-31-2011 09:13 PM

I watched this more than a few times trying to figure out the reasoning, but I can't see any. Here is the "explanation":

"RACE 2: Steward’s Inquiry and Jockey’s Objection: # 2 Zio Tony (D. Cohen) against # 1 Awesome Merger (B. Pedroza) for alleged interference in the stretch.

In the vicinity of the 3/16 pole, # 1 Awesome Merger (B. Pedroza) shifts out causing # 3 Memory Motel (M. Luzzi) to alter course into the path of # 2 Zio Tony (D. Cohen). Zio Tony must steady to avoid contact with Memory Motel. In the judgment of the stewards, the initial action of # 1 Awesome Merger altered the finish of the race.

# 1 Awesome Merger is disqualified from first and placed second for interference in the stretch run.

4035.2. Foul riding penalized.
(a) When clear, a horse may be taken to any part of the course provided that crossing or weaving in front of contenders may constitute interference or intimidation for which the offender may be disciplined.
(b) A horse crossing another may be disqualified, if in the judgment of the stewards, it interferes with, impedes or intimidates another horse, or the foul altered the finish of the race, regardless of whether the foul was accidental, willful, or the result of careless riding. The stewards may also take into consideration mitigating factors, such as whether the impeded horse was partly at fault or the crossing was wholly caused by the fault of some other horse or jockey."

Knowclew 03-31-2011 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MartyZee
- PLEASE CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN TO ME WHY THE 1 WASN"T PLACED BEHIND THE 3 IN RACE 2; I HAVE BEEN BETTING FOR OVER 45 YEARS AND I NEED AN EXPLANATION- THANKS

I wasn't gambling today...saw one race live on TVG....this was it.
I did think it was a weak DQ for those that had the 1...but the real issue isn't the DQ in general.

As Marty (and others) have said, not taking him down below the 3 is
a new one to most of us. I knew this race would cause a thread to start...stretch run is worth the watch if you didn't see it.

tzipi 03-31-2011 10:56 PM

I was shocked myself. Crazy! If the #3 was obviously impeded and pushed hard into Zio Tony with ALOT of race left, why was the #1 still put infront of Memory Hotel in the official?? I'm not one to knock these things but this one was very sketchy and makes you wonder.

JustRalph 04-01-2011 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaTH716
W.W.V.D.?

I think I know what this means............

maybe he will watch it and post

fmhealth 04-01-2011 01:49 AM

With all due respect, why don't you simply call the Stewards & get their perpective. I do this 3-4 times a year & always come away with an answer and a greater appreciation as to the thought process of the Stewards.

Don't necessarily agree but I always enjoy confrontations with the ultimate decision makers.

Spiderman 04-01-2011 08:13 AM

Watched the replay and think that it was a slight incident and insufficient for a DQ. There was another incident in the race that the stewards should have reviewed: at the start the #2 slammed into the #3. That seemed more egregious than the stretch incident.

Robert Goren 04-01-2011 08:27 AM

I have seen this before. It doesn't happen often. I think the stewards got it right for once. I didn't have any money on the race.

aaron 04-01-2011 11:51 AM

I think the take down was bogus,but that was a judgement call. The placing of the disqualified horse didn't make any sense. The way the stewards act in NY,we might as well let them decide the finish of the race and just let us know after its official. Its hard to believe,but their decisions are getting more bizarre.
This is what happens when people in position of power are not accountable.
Its time someone recognized that we are betting money.
I did not have a bet on this race.

lamboguy 04-01-2011 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aaron
I think the take down was bogus,but that was a judgement call. The placing of the disqualified horse didn't make any sense. The way the stewards act in NY,we might as well let them decide the finish of the race and just let us know after its official. Its hard to believe,but their decisions are getting more bizarre.
This is what happens when people in position of power are not accountable.
Its time someone recognized that we are betting money.
I did not have a bet on this race.

i have to agree with you. in my opinion the racing judges work for the state. in football they are hired by the league. this is just another problem that racing has, inconsistancy and taking their customers forgranted. no slot machine will straighten out a racetrack