Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board


Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   The Bad Beat thread. (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=103720)

Stillriledup 06-02-2013 04:12 PM

The Bad Beat thread.
 
I want to cry about a horrendous beat i just took, but wasnt sure where to do it. So, maybe we can have this 'bad beat' thread and whenever you take a bad one, you can come here and find a shoulder to cry on. :(

Just got nosed for a ton of money at Pimlico in the 6th race, i had a 4 dollar tri needing the 8 horse for 3rd. It looked to the naked eye like he was up for show, with the jock on the 1-2 favorite 'standing up' at the wire, but somehow i lost a dirty bob and got nada. Not even a saver. And, i usually would have had the superfecta there, but never got around to betting supers, the 8 horse was the horse i was keying in there.

Tri with the heavy fave 3rd paid 1500 for a buck, so, i have to imagine mine would have paid at least 2k for a buck (times 4).

:bang:

wiffleball whizz 06-02-2013 04:48 PM

Sounds like a baseball bat to the computer if you ask me...that's why I can't bet from my house....6 years ago bought a laptop took a nasty beat online poker the laptop went out the 2nd floor window....I closed the window took a shower got dressed went to casino.....when I returned home if it wasn't broken already the 2 inches of rain that fell out it out of its misery

Back to topic at hand there's been so many for me it jut rolls off my back...

700 place Barbaro
$3 pick 6 ending with big brown in Belmont

$300 win bet on curlin in Preakness that when I got home and looked at ticket it was $300 place....that was fun

20/40 holdem game I got 6-7 clubs flop is 8-9-10 clubs....turn J clubs river Q clubs......the jag off had the king clubs...retArded beat

Being born = bad beat in its own respect

Stillriledup 06-02-2013 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wiffleball whizz
Sounds like a baseball bat to the computer if you ask me...that's why I can't bet from my house....6 years ago bought a laptop took a nasty beat online poker the laptop went out the 2nd floor window....I closed the window took a shower got dressed went to casino.....when I returned home if it wasn't broken already the 2 inches of rain that fell out it out of its misery

Back to topic at hand there's been so many for me it jut rolls off my back...

700 place Barbaro
$3 pick 6 ending with big brown in Belmont

$300 win bet on curlin in Preakness that when I got home and looked at ticket it was $300 place....that was fun

20/40 holdem game I got 6-7 clubs flop is 8-9-10 clubs....turn J clubs river Q clubs......the jag off had the king clubs...retArded beat

Being born = bad beat in its own respect

I've lost a laptop or 2 due to frustration and i smashed my phone on a desk (but luckily Apple replaced the broken speaker free of charge, of course, they didnt know the speaker died a gambling related death!)

Beachbabe 06-02-2013 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wiffleball whizz
Sounds like a baseball bat to the computer if you ask me...that's why I can't bet from my house....6 years ago bought a laptop took a nasty beat online poker the laptop went out the 2nd floor window....I closed the window took a shower got dressed went to casino.....when I returned home if it wasn't broken already the 2 inches of rain that fell out it out of its misery

Back to topic at hand there's been so many for me it jut rolls off my back...

700 place Barbaro
$3 pick 6 ending with big brown in Belmont

$300 win bet on curlin in Preakness that when I got home and looked at ticket it was $300 place....that was fun

20/40 holdem game I got 6-7 clubs flop is 8-9-10 clubs....turn J clubs river Q clubs......the jag off had the king clubs...retArded beat

Being born = bad beat in its own respect

Didn't you win the "bad beat" Jackpot ? Sometimes that's not too shabby.

Fwizard 06-02-2013 06:04 PM

Most places both players must use both cards in their hand for the bad beat--so the winner would have to had king and ace of clubs....

dilanesp 06-02-2013 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fwizard
Most places both players must use both cards in their hand for the bad beat--so the winner would have to had king and ace of clubs....

At any rate, if you are good enough to be playing 20/40, you are good enough to know that thinking about bad beats in poker is grossly -EV.

wiffleball whizz 06-02-2013 07:17 PM

Bad beat is your a 7 day a week player about 80 a week...

Nobody wants bad beat jackpot

Longshot6977 06-02-2013 07:45 PM

About 7 years ago, I had a nice $1 super going at Balmoral when my first 3 horses crossed the wire. My 4th horse was in a very close photo. All my horses had long odds(none in the top 4 choices) in a field of ten. I waited quite long for the photo result and was at least hoping for a dead heat. But no, they declared the other horse beat mine. My 4th place horse was 13-1. The other was about 6-1 or 7-1. It paid $31,000.
If I had it with my 13-1 shot, it may have paid a little more. To make matters worse, the photo looked like a dead heat. It took me just one race to get over it though. Just turn the page.

Stillriledup 06-02-2013 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Longshot6977
About 7 years ago, I had a nice $1 super going at Balmoral when my first 3 horses crossed the wire. My 4th horse was in a very close photo. All my horses had long odds(none in the top 4 choices) in a field of ten. I waited quite long for the photo result and was at least hoping for a dead heat. But no, they declared the other horse beat mine. My 4th place horse was 13-1. The other was about 6-1 or 7-1. It paid $31,000.
If I had it with my 13-1 shot, it may have paid a little more. To make matters worse, the photo looked like a dead heat. It took me just one race to get over it though. Just turn the page.

Ugh, LS, i feel your pain.

I could fill up pages of posts with similar beats, dq's and the like. If i had one tenth of the bad beat money i've lost over the years, i'd be sunning somewhere warm while sipping a pina colada that was handed to me by a pretty girl in a skimpy outfit. :D

CincyHorseplayer 06-03-2013 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stillriledup
I want to cry about a horrendous beat i just took, but wasnt sure where to do it. So, maybe we can have this 'bad beat' thread and whenever you take a bad one, you can come here and find a shoulder to cry on. :(

Just got nosed for a ton of money at Pimlico in the 6th race, i had a 4 dollar tri needing the 8 horse for 3rd. It looked to the naked eye like he was up for show, with the jock on the 1-2 favorite 'standing up' at the wire, but somehow i lost a dirty bob and got nada. Not even a saver. And, i usually would have had the superfecta there, but never got around to betting supers, the 8 horse was the horse i was keying in there.

Tri with the heavy fave 3rd paid 1500 for a buck, so, i have to imagine mine would have paid at least 2k for a buck (times 4).

:bang:

I'm pretty even keel but I had so many bad trips and gate face planters at Belmont Saturday you could have put on the yellow outfit on me because I was on suicide watch!I'm not joking,even my winner in the 10th had a bad gate break.I was so rattled,when I went to my cousin's graduation party I made myself a drink and my hands were shaking.Not from alcohol.Not from physical degeneration of any sort.But just pure adrenalin.Were some tough hombres but at some point it's going to get to us.I feel ya brother.

wiffleball whizz 06-03-2013 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CincyHorseplayer
I'm pretty even keel but I had so many bad trips and gate face planters at Belmont Saturday you could have put on the yellow outfit on me because I was on suicide watch!I'm not joking,even my winner in the 10th had a bad gate break.I was so rattled,when I went to my cousin's graduation party I made myself a drink and my hands were shaking.Not from alcohol.Not from physical degeneration of any sort.But just pure adrenalin.Were some tough hombres but at some point it's going to get to us.I feel ya brother.

Going tO graduation parties/bday parties after gambling is never fun.....how about my gf was having her daughters party on a October Saturday night....earlier in the day was at Foxwoods from 5am-11:50am just in time to get home and fire in college football action...

Was home sweating games all day then had to go to this party cold turkey with no action at 7pm......well I wasn't having that there were 2 tv at the bar at the Italian American club and they were on football...besides they're was 250 people at the party I wasn't making it or breaking it!!

CincyHorseplayer 06-03-2013 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wiffleball whizz
Going tO graduation parties/bday parties after gambling is never fun.....how about my gf was having her daughters party on a October Saturday night....earlier in the day was at Foxwoods from 5am-11:50am just in time to get home and fire in college football action...

Was home sweating games all day then had to go to this party cold turkey with no action at 7pm......well I wasn't having that there were 2 tv at the bar at the Italian American club and they were on football...besides they're was 250 people at the party I wasn't making it or breaking it!!

Not really wanting to distract from this thread but my family is a tight unit,we have a great time.Sorry to hear your family functions stink.Graduation party for my cousin Max was great.14 year old kid heading into a great high school in Elder,where the family experience is of utmost importance.These might be kids but these are landmarks.My horseplaying game only interfered because I was late watching Arlington!Beyond that we had a blast.

1st time lasix 06-03-2013 02:41 PM

bad beat? I once had the only winner in the pick six at Arlington Park ....only to be "taken down" because the jock brushed a horse he didn't see on his rear flank with his whip. He didn't even need the darn thing..... He won by at least four or five lengths or so.....but the take down carried the $17 k into the next day pool. :bang:

wiffleball whizz 06-03-2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CincyHorseplayer
Not really wanting to distract from this thread but my family is a tight unit,we have a great time.Sorry to hear your family functions stink.Graduation party for my cousin Max was great.14 year old kid heading into a great high school in Elder,where the family experience is of utmost importance.These might be kids but these are landmarks.My horseplaying game only interfered because I was late watching Arlington!Beyond that we had a blast.

Wasn't my family function.....

wiffleball whizz 06-03-2013 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1st time lasix
bad beat? I once had the only winner in the pick six at Arlington Park ....only to be "taken down" because the jock brushed a horse he didn't see on his rear flank with his whip. He didn't even need the darn thing..... He won by at least four or five lengths or so.....but the take down carried the $17 k into the next day pool. :bang:

I wouldnt be able to stomach that......having your number flashing for big money is as hopeless a feeling there is....for 17k I'd explode and that could be a understatement


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:50 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 1999 - 2020 -- PaceAdvantage.Com -- All Rights Reserved -- Best Viewed in a modern browser @ 1280x720 Resolution Or Higher

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Most useful Factor
Driver - 15.28%
11 Votes
Trainer - 30.56%
22 Votes
Class Rating - 18.06%
13 Votes
Post Position - 11.11%
8 Votes
Earnings - 4.17%
3 Votes
Speed Rating - 16.67%
12 Votes
2yr Win% - 1.39%
1 Vote
Qualifiers - 2.78%
2 Votes
Total Votes: 72
This poll is closed.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 1999 - 2020 -- PaceAdvantage.Com -- All Rights Reserved -- Best Viewed in a modern browser @ 1280x720 Resolution Or Higher
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program
designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.