Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Handicapping Software (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Mega Multi-Strats (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=169989)

keith70 04-07-2022 05:57 PM

Mega Multi-Strats

1 Attachment(s)
A little throwback in time, 1988.

Mega Multi-Strats that ran on DOS.

Attached a screen shot of it (floppy contents). Made a 20 second video of it running, but guess video's are not allowed as upload attachments.

If anyone is more interested in seeing this run or more information on the software, let me know, and I will try to share.

PaceAdvantage 04-07-2022 06:00 PM

Those were the days, weren't they? :jump:

Dave Schwartz 04-07-2022 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keith70 (Post 2797607)
A little throwback in time, 1988.

Mega Multi-Strats that ran on DOS.

Attached a screen shot of it (floppy contents). Made a 20 second video of it running, but guess video's are not allowed as upload attachments.

If anyone is more interested in seeing this run or more information on the software, let me know, and I will try to share.

Wow!
16 posts in 16 years!

Do you still run this software?

keith70 04-07-2022 07:01 PM

And speaking of the Legend...Dave Swartz

1 Attachment(s)
ThoroBRAIN - N2D

Neural Network Handicapping from the 1990's...

Can't remember if this had copy protection or I could not read a file off the disk, but would love to run it again.

Dave Schwartz 04-07-2022 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keith70 (Post 2797615)
ThoroBRAIN - N2D

Neural Network Handicapping from the 1990's...

Can't remember if this had copy protection or I could not read a file off the disk, but would love to run it again.

Wish I could help with that.

Does your last name begin with "?"

keith70 04-08-2022 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Schwartz (Post 2797624)
Wish I could help with that.

Does your last name begin with "?"

You don't have the original software/disks?
Not sure what you mean by my last name beginning with "?"...?

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage (Post 2797608)
Those were the days, weren't they? :jump:

Yes they were the days. I so remember trying to get friends to enter data into the computer. Then a little later I even had the RaceCom AI OCR software, can't quite remember how all that went.
Oh, does your site allow Video uploads, I have a few short ones that show the software running with the software interfaces (GUI).

Dave Schwartz 04-08-2022 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keith70 (Post 2797727)
You don't have the original software/disks?
Not sure what you mean by my last name beginning with "?"...?

Sorry.
Left out the letter "L"

PaceAdvantage 04-08-2022 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keith70 (Post 2797727)
Oh, does your site allow Video uploads, I have a few short ones that show the software running with the software interfaces (GUI).

You can embed videos from YouTube and a few other video sharing services...but no, you can't directly upload video here...

crestridge 04-10-2022 11:58 PM

Speaking of AI

Hi Guys

I came upon this article today about No-Code AI. Don't know much about it, but it's a kinda new interface software using AI without the necessary use of coding.

Here's a article about this (I hope I'm not violating any regulations posting this)
https://spectrum.ieee.org/betting-with-no-code-ai

Very interesting, not sure what all is involved, pricing, etc. But sounds doable for a person developing one's own racing software.

It's a practice "run" using Akkio software, which is usually used for business purposes, not gambling. But the platform is set-up for "data", and of course racing has "data"!!!

I thought this might be a good place to present this, because the gentleman setting up this Forum is presenting a old AI developed by Dave, many years ago. Which I heard was very good for it's "season".

geroge.burns99 04-12-2022 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crestridge (Post 2798315)
Hi Guys

I came upon this article today about No-Code AI. Don't know much about it, but it's a kinda new interface software using AI without the necessary use of coding.

Here's a article about this (I hope I'm not violating any regulations posting this)
https://spectrum.ieee.org/betting-with-no-code-ai

Very interesting, not sure what all is involved, pricing, etc. But sounds doable for a person developing one's own racing software.

It's a practice "run" using Akkio software, which is usually used for business purposes, not gambling. But the platform is set-up for "data", and of course racing has "data"!!!

I thought this might be a good place to present this, because the gentleman setting up this Forum is presenting a old AI developed by Dave, many years ago. Which I heard was very good for it's "season".

12 so called " factors" (which I believe are weak ) is gonna make someone a winner at horseracing ???

Tough to believe that

Mike

NorCalGreg 04-13-2022 12:42 AM

Interesting, crestridge...signed up for a free trial. If it isn't completely over my head, I'll post my progress-if any.

Thanks

-NCG

crestridge 04-13-2022 12:53 AM

geroge

I think what's most interesting about this article, is the way AI's developing platforms for us "little" guys, who haven't been trained as computer engineers. Maybe there's now a place for AI to enter a new era where prediction software expands to more than large off shore financial corporations, with endless resources. This application of AI wasn't designed for horseracing, it was designed to offer the ordinary business person a opportunity to expand their business without the large overhead of computer scientist, etc.

Or just maybe capturing data from one's own factors in horse racing etc. and researching the results, expanding the capabilities of the factors therein. It seems like maybe a "new" option, I don't know?

In a sense that's what Dave did years ago, not just "Thoro", but a program called "ants", attached to HSH. But now the technology is more "robust".

crestridge 04-13-2022 12:59 AM

geroge

I think what's most interesting about this article, is the way AI's developing platforms for us "little" guys, who haven't been trained as computer engineers. Maybe there's now a place for AI to enter a new era where prediction software expands to more than large off shore financial corporations, with endless resources. This application of AI wasn't designed for horseracing, it was designed to offer the ordinary business person a opportunity to expand their business without the large overhead of computer scientist, etc.

Or just maybe capturing data from one's own factors in horse racing etc. and researching the results, expanding the capabilities of the factors therein. It seems like maybe a "new" option, I don't know?

In a sense that's what Dave did years ago, not just "Thoro", but a program called "ants", attached to HSH. But now the technology is more "robust".

crestridge 04-13-2022 01:02 AM

Sorry about the "duplicate". NorCal, I saw something, like $62 bucks a month? Is that right?

geroge.burns99 04-13-2022 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crestridge (Post 2798607)
Sorry about the "duplicate". NorCal, I saw something, like $62 bucks a month? Is that right?

yeah ...I saw something like $50 & $62 ....but I believe you were billed for a year...

Any way , You were right about the Ants part of HSH......

I thought it was a genius part of HSH ....I believe a little tweaking could have made it work much better.....It was my contender process most of the time

Mike