Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Handicapping Software (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value Capper ? (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=140163)

Nutz and Boltz 08-13-2017 11:40 AM

Value Capper ?

Has anyone viewed Pizolla's Value Capper videos. Any comments? And buyers ?

oughtoh 08-13-2017 11:45 AM

I saw it and loved it. If I could afford it I would definately get it. Since I can't really read the form anymore it would give me a way to play more and be able to play more then one track.

mikesal57 08-13-2017 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oughtoh (Post 2206883)
I saw it and loved it. If I could afford it I would definately get it. Since I can't really read the form anymore it would give me a way to play more and be able to play more then one track.

Dude....aren't you winning tons of money with Pace Platinum?

You keep promoting how good it is....:bang:

Nutz and Boltz 08-13-2017 02:10 PM

With the state of racing these days, I'm not willing to part with that amount of money at this time. If this were 20 years ago, I'd be in. It does look very impressive, though.

oughtoh 08-13-2017 02:20 PM

I am only betting DM with a form and my handicapping. Even when I run Platium or Ponypickers I am not betting it. I have tried to figure out a way to get it down from 3 horses to one, but haven't been able to. All the money I win goes to putting 2 daughters thru college an fixing cars when they break down. They just don't work for me because I only bet 1 horse an cons. has 3. Other thing is which button to play everyday. Usually pick the wrong one. That is why I have been trying to narrow it down, but no luck.

MacTavish 08-14-2017 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nutz and Boltz (Post 2206878)
Has anyone viewed Pizolla's Value Capper videos. Any comments? And buyers ?

There are 204 videos. I've watched 10 of them so far. They range in length from about ten minutes to an hour. I'm almost through with the "Mindset" category where he's talking primarily about the importance of "value" bets. At this point, it's indoctrination. In the next set of videos, he'll address specifics of the software.

I think he's an eloquent speaker with a lot to say, but there's so much of it, you have to take it in digestible bites.

oughtoh 08-14-2017 12:41 PM

The 108 videos on the one set that he said he had from pass videos he has made, I would probably never watch Just to much time to watch everything. So they would have been useless to me, but I would still be paying for them in the price.

punteray 08-14-2017 01:49 PM

Making Bets

I have a betting program that I will be sending to GREG for distribution that allows you to bet all three horses to win chosen by "best 5". For EVD 0805 posted by Greg using $20 for each race (a total of $180 bet) , the program made $225.75 gross, which is a profit of $45.75 for an ROI of 25%. NO NEED to break it down to just 1 horse. The program is called B.A.B.S. (Bad Ass Betting Strategy)

Ray Scalise

crusader222x 08-14-2017 02:05 PM

cost of data

What is the cost of wizard membership and the data to run the impressive program?

oughtoh 08-14-2017 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by punteray (Post 2207396)
I have a betting program that I will be sending to GREG for distribution that allows you to bet all three horses to win chosen by "best 5". For EVD 0805 posted by Greg using $20 for each race (a total of $180 bet) , the program made $225.75 gross, which is a profit of $45.75 for an ROI of 25%. NO NEED to break it down to just 1 horse. The program is called B.A.B.S. (Bad Ass Betting Strategy)

Ray Scalise

That is fine. But what happens on days like DM Yesterday when they ha 5 winners for a total of $26. That is a total 27 bets and you get back $26. That is a loss of $154 in one day. Five winners in a day is good out of 9 races. Does this only work at Evan? Or does it work everywhere? I am for anything that works where I on't have to rea a form an can play more then one track in a day.

JimG 08-14-2017 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crusader222x (Post 2207406)
What is the cost of wizard membership and the data to run the impressive program?

With BLAM, it was $79 for unlimited data and $29 for forum.

punteray 08-14-2017 02:50 PM

oughto

If the MLO's are low the the program might show a negative return so DON'T BET 'EM!

green80 08-14-2017 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by punteray (Post 2207396)

Ray Scalise

While it may work on days where you have a few lonshots, it wont work on days a lot of favorites come in. Dutching 3 horses in every race is a long term loser.

oughtoh 08-14-2017 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimG (Post 2207420)
With BLAM, it was $79 for unlimited data and $29 for forum.

Unlimited data for $79 is a bargain. Don't think you can beat that.

Speed Figure 08-14-2017 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oughtoh (Post 2207549)
Unlimited data for $79 is a bargain. Don't think you can beat that.

You can't get unlimited data unless your on the forum. The total price is $124 per month.

oughtoh 08-14-2017 08:20 PM

Still think that is a good deal.

MacTavish 08-15-2017 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speed Figure (Post 2207562)
You can't get unlimited data unless your on the forum. The total price is $124 per month.

Comparable to HTR in terms of data cost. Also, years ago I used All-Ways and that would have been about 10 cards per month with them. Haven't checked their pricing lately.

acorn54 08-15-2017 04:28 PM

i am in on valucapper have watched carefully the coaches experience especially bob harris and matt and the testimonial from nestor's mother who lives in benin , africa, brought me to tears. it is the symposium #17.
bob puts it bluntly what you can expect from using mr pizzolla's software valucapper. bob says he knows no one that makes all their income solely from using it. he is satisfied with the side income he gets, making 40-60 dollar bets to win. he gets 14 % winners so thats collecting on the average 1 race and losing 7 wagers. matt in one of the tapes talks of his struggle with his 6th year of using the program, after 5 satisfying years. the mother of nestor thanks mr pizzolla for the allowing her to send her son to schoo, he is the first one in the village to able to do so. she also was able to buy him a desk and his own computer for school work and recreation, and she sent mr pizzolla a picture of the food she was able to buy to have a christmas feast for the village. now there is someone that has the why of having to make some kind of money. by the way she is not a wizard. she just has the software.

it really is a matter of approach. if you are not one to sit out just about all of the races AND don't have DISCRETIONARY of at least 1000 dollars , don't bother. matt said he learned the hard way not to bet more than 1% of his bankroll. a word to the wise is sufficient.

oughtoh 08-15-2017 06:21 PM

If they are only getting 14% winners, do you suppose they are playing to many races? You would need a $16 winner just to break even.

acorn54 08-15-2017 06:30 PM

you can't argue with success. bob harris is a no nonsense guy, and comes across as telling the truth. i understand your skepticism peddlers of horse race products is sort of like trying to find honor among thieves.

oughtoh 08-15-2017 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acorn54 (Post 2207842)
you can't argue with success. bob harris is a no nonsense guy, and comes across as telling the truth. i understand your skepticism peddlers of horse race products is sort of like trying to find honor among thieves.

That is so true about horse race products.

JimG 08-15-2017 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oughtoh (Post 2207837)
If they are only getting 14% winners, do you suppose they are playing to many races? You would need a $16 winner just to break even.

Many of the BLAM software users skip many races and primarily play horses that are overlays/longshots. It's not for the faint of heart nor for someone who feels pressure to win a race as opposed to winning at the races. You also need a significant bankroll.

Appy 08-15-2017 11:18 PM

"...not for the faint of heart nor for someone who feels pressure to win a race as opposed to winning at the races."

That's a terrific comment JimG!

oughtoh 08-15-2017 11:25 PM

I would rather win at the races then win a race. Think it would be fun having that software, once you learn everything about it. Hope you guys that have it do great with it.

acorn54 08-15-2017 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oughtoh (Post 2207936)
I would rather win at the races then win a race. Think it would be fun having that software, once you learn everything about it. Hope you guys that have it do great with it.

thank you for the kind words. i hope your kindness brings you good karma

kingfin66 08-16-2017 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oughtoh (Post 2207837)

How do you figure? I get $14.29 to break even at 14% winners. $16 avg mutuels at 14% would net you a pretty good ROI of 1.12. Somebody please feel free to double check my math.

oughtoh 08-16-2017 01:51 AM

I was just going by 1 winner out of 8 races. $2 bet on 8 races was $16. Wasn't going by the %.

Secondbest 08-16-2017 11:37 AM

I would think you need more than $1000 discretionary money. With a 14% hit rate you can get some long losing streaks especially at first when you are still learning. If you can't take losing ten races or more in a row at 40 a pop then win one then lose ten more this program is not for you. That's why Michael stresses the mental aspect. If you can then it looks like you'll do well.

acorn54 08-16-2017 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Secondbest (Post 2208025)
I would think you need more than $1000 discretionary money. With a 14% hit rate you can get some long losing streaks especially at first when you are still learning. If you can't take losing ten races or more in a row at 40 a pop then win one then lose ten more this program is not for you. That's why Michael stresses the mental aspect. If you can then it looks like you'll do well.

yeah i look at the money i bet as marbles. not money. if i think it is money then their is the emotional attachment to it. just losing some marbles and sometimes getting some marbles. as far as a 14% hit rate, that is a generalization not all bets are alike if i like a horse in the 9/2-7-1 range that is an overlay i will bet 1 unit. if the horse has odds from8-1 or so up to 20-1, then i will bet 1/2 unit. simply because my longshots win far fewer races than my sweet spot horse bets. does that make sense?

Secondbest 08-16-2017 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acorn54 (Post 2208071)
yeah i look at the money i bet as marbles. not money. if i think it is money then their is the emotional attachment to it. just losing some marbles and sometimes getting some marbles. as far as a 14% hit rate, that is a generalization not all bets are alike if i like a horse in the 9/2-7-1 range that is an overlay i will bet 1 unit. if the horse has odds from8-1 or so up to 20-1, then i will bet 1/2 unit. simply because my longshots win far fewer races than my sweet spot horse bets. does that make sense?

yes it does

jim michalak 08-17-2017 03:52 AM

valuecapper win %

in the valuecapper video series mp states that the win % is 30% for the first (top) pick and 50% for the top 2 picks, for all races. as has been stated previously mp advises against this, so if one is selective the win % should be even higher. :)

acorn54 08-17-2017 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jim michalak (Post 2208460)
in the valuecapper video series mp states that the win % is 30% for the first (top) pick and 50% for the top 2 picks, for all races. as has been stated previously mp advises against this, so if one is selective the win % should be even higher. :)

the operative word in your statement is "selective", valuecapping isn't about picking the most winning horses, it is about getting value from the horses you bet. that's a big difference. if you watch the symposium videos you will get an idea on how the people who use black magic experience and think in their approach. they are looking to maximize PROFITS, not WINNERS. i'd suggest keeping an open mind while watching the rest of the valuecapper videos. i understand picking alot of winners is fun and all, and betting for value might not be as much of an opportunity for celebration. however you can have either very frequent winners, or you can have a good profit level, buy you can't have them both.

Secondbest 08-17-2017 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acorn54 (Post 2208463)
the operative word in your statement is "selective", valuecapping isn't about picking the most winning horses, it is about getting value from the horses you bet. that's a big difference. if you watch the symposium videos you will get an idea on how the people who use black magic experience and think in their approach. they are looking to maximize PROFITS, not WINNERS. i'd suggest keeping an open mind while watching the rest of the valuecapper videos. i understand picking alot of winners is fun and all, and betting for value might not be as much of an opportunity for celebration. however you can have either very frequent winners, or you can have a good profit level, buy you can't have them both.

Exactly right. It's all about overlaid price horses.

acorn54 08-17-2017 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Secondbest (Post 2208500)

again, it does not have to be "price" horses if you are referring to only betting longshots, just getting value. there are people who use black magic and testify that there bread and butter bets are in the 9/2-7-1 range. it really depends on how accurate the software's odds line is.

Secondbest 08-17-2017 12:53 PM

I understand. When I say price I mean anything that pays double digits. Not necessarily $30 but say $12 and up. Anyway good luck.Im sure you'll do well.

acorn54 08-17-2017 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Secondbest (Post 2208554)
I understand. When I say price I mean anything that pays double digits. Not necessarily $30 but say $12 and up. Anyway good luck.Im sure you'll do well.

yeah well it ain't going to be rags to riches. the most successful coach of the wizards, claims he just makes some money from the software to take a vacation. and he's been using the software since it's inception as blam 1.0. he has a regular full time job to pay the bills. so the morale of the story is, if anyone is buying the software to try to make an income, don't quit your day job. that's what i like about the wizard club, they are fun guys and gals, but frank.

kingfin66 08-17-2017 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oughtoh (Post 2207957)
I was just going by 1 winner out of 8 races. $2 bet on 8 races was $16. Wasn't going by the %.

1 winner out of 8 would be a 12.5 % win percentage. In that case you are correct that the average winner would have to be $16 to break even.

headhawg 08-17-2017 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Secondbest (Post 2208500)

This is a misunderstanding. An overlay is an overlay no matter what the price. That is to say both a 4-5 and a 10-1 could be overlays. Or, they could both be underlays. In either case, making a bet based on "value" comes down to an accurate odds line which, of course, is very challenging to get right. If people haven't read Barry Meadow's Money Secrets at the Racetrack or Commonsense Betting by Dick Mitchell I highly recommend that they do.

Bullet Plane 08-20-2017 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jim michalak (Post 2208460)

That's what the crowd can do also. Same odds as crowd picks.

So, it is a tool. Like the Sheets, The DRF, Timeformus, Etc.

I would say it is geared toward the contest player, as it can crunch a lot of races.

There are some contest winners who use onlly the free pp's given out at the book.

There are others who use state of the art technology.

Both can win.

Obviously, I hold the guy who can do it with free bare bones pp's in higher esteem.

But, there is no extra credit for that in the contest world.

acorn54 08-20-2017 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bullet Plane (Post 2209842)
That's what the crowd can do also. Same odds as crowd picks.

So, it is a tool. Like the Sheets, The DRF, Timeformus, Etc.

I would say it is geared toward the contest player, as it can crunch a lot of races.

There are some contest winners who use onlly the free pp's given out at the book.

There are others who use state of the art technology.

Both can win.

Obviously, I hold the guy who can do it with free bare bones pp's in higher esteem.

But, there is no extra credit for that in the contest world.

saw your post. i am a senior citizen looking for some add'l income, not an ego trip or what others think of me. the people that use black magic are frank and don't lay claim to making a living from the valuecapper. just some side money to have some discretionary income. if you have any other expectations with this software it is not for you.