Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Handicapping Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Clark Handicap (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=148893)

Tom 11-23-2018 04:21 PM

Clark Handicap

Looks like 3 horse race, probably a replay of the disappointing Comely stakes.

:3::5::1:

Bravazo not much of a horse against a very bad 3yo crop - you can have him. If he wins, I lose.

Robert Fischer 11-23-2018 05:12 PM

:7::5::2:

:3: is the horse to beat, but could be an underlay. Obvious type who ran well in the Breeders Cup. I don't want to bet or pick the :3:. He could win as an underlay. He could also be that dominant that he's so much the best in here that he'll be a fair price. I'll take the contrarian stance.

I liked :5:'s Woodward. He's the logical 2nd-choice.

the :7: was impressive 2-back. He could be hot now, and it wouldn't be obvious to the public, given his weak class.

the :2: is kind of in that same boat, but we have seen him not be fast enough in several opportunities. As a long-shot I actually like that he was too sluggish in the somewhat slow-paced Fayette, and should be trained up to sharpen here.

Robert Fischer 11-23-2018 05:18 PM

cash in hand, lead-in double from r10 :10::12: w/ :2::3::5::7: = $8

Tom 11-23-2018 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom (Post 2399761)
Looks like 3 horse race, probably a replay of the disappointing Comely stakes.

:3::5::1:

Bravazo not much of a horse against a very bad 3yo crop - you can have him. If he wins, I lose.

Boxing the three

:1: may well come home on the rail and win it all. - bet at 5-1 or better

Tom 11-23-2018 06:00 PM

Dang! Bravaso!
I will NEVER bet a loser like this horse at any odds against anything that has ever shown anything.

I would rather lose than bet garbage like him.:pound:

Once again, winning Gr1 stake is not much of an accomplishment anymore. Remind me to ignore the Cigar Mile next week.

Give me them beaten claimers down south.

Fred Mertz 11-23-2018 06:01 PM

I'm not at the the track, but #3 will win.

Tom 11-23-2018 06:13 PM

Showed nothing.
Made a mild move on the turn and watched butts down the stretch.

Immortal6 11-23-2018 10:50 PM

Red board here but I would never throw Bravazo out of a tri. Tom your comments on this horse are just plain wrong. A hard knocking horse for the great D. Wayne Lukas.

I don't give a crap how "good" anyone thinks this years 3 year old crop is... if you've really watched Bravazo race he is a horse with a ton of heart.

bobphilo 11-24-2018 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Immortal6 (Post 2399869)
Red board here but I would never throw Bravazo out of a tri. Tom your comments on this horse are just plain wrong. A hard knocking horse for the great D. Wayne Lukas.

I don't give a crap how "good" anyone thinks this years 3 year old crop is... if you've really watched Bravazo race he is a horse with a ton of heart.

I agree. :ThmbUp: Bravazo tries hard so consistently that he's the figure makers dream.
I bet cj loves him.

Tom 11-24-2018 09:51 AM

Always trying = always losing :rolleyes:

bobphilo 11-25-2018 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom (Post 2399932)
Always trying = always losing :rolleyes:

So he's not good enough to win in G1. He is a good consistent horse who always runs well in top company. That makes him better than 99% of all horses running. If you don't like him don't bet him but that does not make him "garbage".

classhandicapper 11-25-2018 01:10 PM

I didn't play the Clark, but I bet or used Bravazo a couple of times this year. He reminds me of the type of horse that's going to run well without winning too often for my taste, but of course that's partly because he didn't run as well as I expected when I bet him. :lol: Maybe once he finds a field or trip that gets him home first he'll put it all togther.

bobphilo 11-25-2018 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom (Post 2399797)
Showed nothing.
Made a mild move on the turn and watched butts down the stretch.

"showed nothing"? If you bothered to watch the race you will see that he lost several lengths to the winner with his wide move on the turn, which he almost caught anyway. He really ran the best race.

What the heck do you have against this horse? Did you lose money betting him or do just hate all horses that lose big races despite trying their best? Try sparing your venom for horses that don't even try.

Or better yet, as you spout when you have nothing positive to say -

SHUT UP AND BET, or don't bet - who cares.

Tom 11-25-2018 04:37 PM

Quote:

"showed nothing"? If you bothered to
READ THE POST HERE....you would know I was talking about the 3 horse after Fred's post.

What I have against the other horse is MY business- if YOU don't like it, SHUT UP and put me on ignore. I don't post here to please you or get your approval.

:kiss: MA

bobphilo 11-26-2018 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom (Post 2400596)
READ THE POST HERE....you would know I was talking about the 3 horse after Fred's post.

What I have against the other horse is MY business- if YOU don't like it, SHUT UP and put me on ignore. I don't post here to please you or get your approval.

:kiss: MA

When you respond to a post use quote so people know what the hell you're talking about. I don't post for your approval either and when you degrade a horse unfairly I will defend him. If you don't like it you can just SHUT THE HELL UP and put me on ignore too.