Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   NYRA to make adjustments (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92447)

Grits 03-18-2012 11:35 AM

NYRA to make adjustments

lamboguy 03-18-2012 11:50 AM

they finally got people interested in the game and now they take the money away from them. they might as well just split up all the money with the big trainers and not even bother running the races.

cj 03-18-2012 12:28 PM

Sounds like excellent changes to me.

lamboguy 03-18-2012 12:48 PM

i am going to benefit big time with raise in top-rated purses this year in NEW YORK.

the NEW YORK breds that i am sending to the track are not worth the $75,000 purses that i am going to be running for in SARATOGA. the raise in purse for those horses are not going to bring anyone new to the game for a few years to come.

the way i look at things, the bottom needs to be strengthened and let it work its way up. trickle down in horse racing game has been failing for years.

if you told me that they would reduce the purses for the lower level to pay for regulating the inequities i would be all for it, but to cut purses at the bottom to make entry level allowance races $90,000 and stake races $600,000 is crazy.

cj 03-18-2012 01:01 PM

If guys weren't abusing horses to make money with cheap horses, the purses never would have been an issue.

What NY needs do you own that will be running at Saratoga?

cj 03-18-2012 01:02 PM

Pretty funny Jacobsen is the one complaining.

lamboguy 03-18-2012 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cj
If guys weren't abusing horses to make money with cheap horses, the purses never would have been an issue.

What NY needs do you own that will be running at Saratoga?

all 2 year olds

cj 03-18-2012 01:18 PM

Let us know when you name them.

affirmedny 03-18-2012 04:23 PM

3 $7500 claiming races on a Sunday is not what I envisioned when they announced they were raising the purses.

Robert Fischer 03-18-2012 04:36 PM

statebred Mob Wife went down today after stopping in the shadow of the wire last two races.

not a very sound horse apparently but he had speed. Hope Dominguez is fine.

PaceAdvantage 03-18-2012 04:36 PM

Two more horses today...one pulled up in the 7th...one went down right before the finish in the 8th...this is getting to be unreal...and beyond the realm of mere statistical anomaly...

This last one in the 8th race was bad enough, but then the injured horse got up and went directly into the path of an oncoming horse on the rail...looked AWFUL...

Robert Fischer 03-18-2012 04:42 PM

I don't see how(in claiming races) they could void a claim on a breakdown or lame horse, but on one hand ideas like that should be considered.

The claiming game has been 100X better with the purse money. There actually IS a claiming-game. But if this continues it is kind of like leveraging the health of the horses against the purse money for the connections. The sport itself does that quite well, and it will take some prudent thinking to maintain that dynamic safely.

johnhannibalsmith 03-18-2012 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Fischer
I don't see how(in claiming races) they could void a claim on a breakdown or lame horse, but on one hand ideas like that should be considered.

http://www.drf.com/news/california-c...thanized-track

Saratoga_Mike 03-18-2012 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cj
Pretty funny Jacobsen is the one complaining.

TRAINER IS CHARGED WITH HORSE NEGLECT

By STEVEN CRIST (The New York Times); Sports Desk

October 17, 1981, Saturday

"David Jacobson, a horse trainer based at Aqueduct, has been charged with failing to provide food and medical attention to a thoroughred that had to be destroyed last month. The State Racing and Wagering Board ordered Jacobson yesterday to show cause why his license to train should not be revoked for mistreatment of the horse, Hugable Tom, a 6-year-old gelding who was destroyed Sept. 28. Jacobson is the son of Howard (Buddy) Jacobson, formerly a leading trainer in New York, who is imprisoned for murder. According to a spokesman for the racing board, the mistreatment of Hugable Tom, who had won 11 races at Aqueduct and Belmont in the last two years, first came to the attention of board investigators in August. At Jacobson's hearing, set for Oct. 28, the investigators are expected to testify that Hugable Tom was so neglected that other trainers and backstretch help took it on themselves to give the gelding food and water"

lamboguy 03-18-2012 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saratoga_Mike
TRAINER IS CHARGED WITH HORSE NEGLECT

By STEVEN CRIST (The New York Times); Sports Desk

October 17, 1981, Saturday

"David Jacobson, a horse trainer based at Aqueduct, has been charged with failing to provide food and medical attention to a thoroughred that had to be destroyed last month. The State Racing and Wagering Board ordered Jacobson yesterday to show cause why his license to train should not be revoked for mistreatment of the horse, Hugable Tom, a 6-year-old gelding who was destroyed Sept. 28. Jacobson is the son of Howard (Buddy) Jacobson, formerly a leading trainer in New York, who is imprisoned for murder. According to a spokesman for the racing board, the mistreatment of Hugable Tom, who had won 11 races at Aqueduct and Belmont in the last two years, first came to the attention of board investigators in August. At Jacobson's hearing, set for Oct. 28, the investigators are expected to testify that Hugable Tom was so neglected that other trainers and backstretch help took it on themselves to give the gelding food and water"

i think that the guy in 1981 was his father.