Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic - General (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Wisoconsin recall update..... (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94915)

newtothegame 06-05-2012 07:41 PM

Wisoconsin recall update.....

Report: 119% Voter Turnout in Madison, WI

A Madison City Clerk has told a Wisconsin radio host that turnout for the area is expected at over 100%, up to 119%. What makes it all the more interesting is that this story comes from a far-left site.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...ent-in-madison

WAIT!!!! 119% LMAO..........oh you've got to love those libs........I am sure they got the dead turn out as well....lol

Shemp Howard 06-05-2012 07:54 PM

As they say in Chicago...."Vote early and vote often."

newtothegame 06-05-2012 08:17 PM

Yeah, and for me, this is one of the biggest offenses a politician or staff can committ. I truly feel if you get caught in voter fraud, on EITHER side, it should carry a substantial penalty and SUBSTANTIAL time in jail. To me, you are actually robbing people of their rights and their votes. The same people you are trying to get into office to serve.......:bang:

ArlJim78 06-05-2012 08:20 PM

Walker is too successful, got to get him out of there and put in someone incompetent. the people demand nothing less.

wisconsin 06-05-2012 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArlJim78
Walker is too successful, got to get him out of there and put in someone incompetent. the people demand nothing less.

Jim, you should see the venom spewing over this. It is dividing friendships and families in a way I have never seen in my lifetime.

ArlJim78 06-05-2012 09:51 PM

I can believe it. This is a war.

You have the political class and associated cronies (headed by Washington and public/private unions) on one side, versus the private sector.
Its been a one sided fight for years and years, but people have had enough and are only now pushing back.

boxcar 06-05-2012 09:52 PM

Walker is like Jesus -- a divider who is bearing a "sword". :lol:

I've been hearing about a lot of skullduggery, but I still think Walker will pull this out.

Boxcar

ArlJim78 06-05-2012 09:56 PM

Fox calls it for Walker.
let the spin begin.

lsbets 06-05-2012 09:57 PM

Walker wins. A crushing defeat for the looters and moochers. And a gigantic waste of the tax payers money.

cj's dad 06-05-2012 10:00 PM

The Tea party Lives !!!!

BHO is toast

ArlJim78 06-05-2012 10:01 PM

THIS is what democracy looks like.
:lol:

bigmack 06-05-2012 10:09 PM

Flip it over to MSLSD. Long faces throughout. The second they received news, they started yappin' about how much money Walker spent on the recaul. Wasn't long ago they were bragging about BO having a billion to slay the R's.

Thusfar, 60% to 40% - Let's see how well polling holds up, given it was within 3 yesterday.

JustRalph 06-05-2012 10:13 PM

Exit polls show 53% of those who voted today in Wi said they would vote for Obama. 42% Romney

How the hell you reconcile those results makes me skeptical of the exit polls

Tom 06-05-2012 10:17 PM

Wolf Blitzer looked like he was close to tears.
Anyone in the Chicago area....check in on mostie.

People have voted for responsibility.

boxcar 06-05-2012 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustRalph
Exit polls show 53% of those who voted today in Wi said they would vote for Obama. 42% Romney

Maybe some Republicans and/or Conservatives have wised up and have learned to play the game the way the Dems have been doing all these decades.

Boxcar

boxcar 06-05-2012 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom
Wolf Blitzer looked like he was close to tears.
Anyone in the Chicago area....check in on mostie.

People have voted for responsibility.

Some people have come to understand after the '08 debacle that choices have consequences.

Boxcar

wisconsin 06-05-2012 10:32 PM

Mostie, close the oven door, for goodness sake.....

bigmack 06-05-2012 10:35 PM

What a long, strange trip it's been.

What will "The People" do now? This is almost barbaric to treat people this way. :lol:

[YT="Recoil"]LkxpV-6x2AI[/YT]

Tom 06-05-2012 10:35 PM

Tea Party is dead, huh?

Romney will take WI in November.
The people there has tasted the Obama Wine...and spit it out.

And the Union boys pulled out all the stops on this one - including publishing people's private information int he Shame Your Neighbor Program - which really a ruse to publish voter data on people mot likely to vote so that Union scum bags could vote multiple times.

Sorry Charlie.....didn't work.

This is why is is absolutely STUPID to not require photo ID to vote.
There is no valid argument on this topic.
Only idiot mumblings.

HUSKER55 06-05-2012 10:44 PM

walker is the projected winner with 60% of the votes in and a 16% lead. One of the talk shows guys said that mathmatically barret has to get 96% of the remaining votes to win.

ElKabong 06-05-2012 10:45 PM

Quote:

I live in TX but have relatives in MN, and know folks in western WI that are family friends. The folks in those 2 states are cut from a different (maybe even better) cloth than folks down here, or on either coast

WI is a Blue state that is fairly pro gun & anti abortion. They don't toe the Pelosi Line by any means. From my accounts, they vote for the candidate, not the party - at least compared to most states.

It doesn't surprise me WI voted in Walker & right now lean to Obama. They don't know Romney well, maybe they will change their minds after debates. If Obama can get ONE lesson from this, it's the fact he has to convey to that state and others that he can cut the budget in a meaningful way. Walker won the WI folks in a great part with that action.

JustRalph 06-05-2012 10:46 PM

George Bush only lost Wi by 5000 votes in 2000. 11k in 2004.

Obama won Wi by 13% ..........should be interesting

ElKabong 06-05-2012 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HUSKER55
walker is the projected winner with 60% of the votes in and a 16% lead. One of the talk shows guys said that mathmatically barret has to get 96% of the remaining votes to win.

check out the guy crying on cnn right now.....funny stuff

Maybe Obama can tweet him that "I support you" :lol: :lol:

newtothegame 06-05-2012 10:52 PM

With all the money poured by the unions, the threats, the almost tearing apart the state capital, and hell they even brought Billy in for this fight and still got demolished! This should tell this administration, and any other NON fiscally responsible administration that the careless spending can not go on.
A win for America! Congrats Wisconsin for standing firm on your beliefs!

toetoe 06-05-2012 10:57 PM

Rachel the Mad Cow must be devastated. Why couldn't Uncle Scott just lay off ? Oops, I mean ... well ... um ...

ElKabong 06-05-2012 10:57 PM

Big Dumb Ed Show comes on in 3 minutes....CAN'T MISS TV

I recall his show in Nov 2010, with the gap toothed ree-tard from Milwaukee @ his side. It was a funeral on tape. Should be the same tonite.

All that union money that went into this useless Recall...POOF! Gone into thin air.... I feel bad for the union boys, having an org waste their paycheck $ in that manner. That could have gone to their pension fund. Instead, it goes to the tv stations, radio stations, and pockets of Jesse Jackson and the like.

Suckers.

ElKabong 06-05-2012 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newtothegame
With all the money poured by the unions, the threats, the almost tearing apart the state capital, and hell they even brought Billy in for this fight and still got demolished! This should tell this administration, and any other NON fiscally responsible administration that the careless spending can not go on.
A win for America! Congrats Wisconsin for standing firm on your beliefs!

I almost always agree with you 100% but I'd have to say this is a victory for WI. Not necessarily for us all.

WI isn't PA, MI, or Ohio. Just my personal opinion, but I think it's GOVERNOR SCOTT WALKER, with the help of competent leaders like Paul Ryan, that made this possible. I don't believe MI, PA, OH have leadership like WI has at the moment.

2016 or beyond I'd sure like to have Walker and / or Ryan on a national ticket & add Daniels and perhaps Coburn to the mix

Leadership makes all the difference. WI folks are lucky have this type of leadership!

JustRalph 06-05-2012 11:14 PM

Tom Barrett is receiving Boo's and heckling from his own supporters in his concession speech. Rough crowd :p :bang:

newtothegame 06-05-2012 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElKabong
I almost always agree with you 100% but I'd have to say this is a victory for WI. Not necessarily for us all.

WI isn't PA, MI, or Ohio. Just my personal opinion, but I think it's GOVERNOR SCOTT WALKER, with the help of competent leaders like Paul Ryan, that made this possible. I don't believe MI, PA, OH have leadership like WI has at the moment.

2016 or beyond I'd sure like to have Walker and / or Ryan on a national ticket & add Daniels and perhaps Coburn to the mix

Leadership makes all the difference. WI folks are lucky have this type of leadership!

I agree completely Elk that leadership makes a difference. Look not to far away in indiana and you see something similiar. What will happen inevitably is some of the states you mention will run into budget problems and they will have to make tough choices as well. Because of the publicity of Wisconsin, people will remember and look to their leadership to make similiar moves.
I feel that was the biggest reason this was so nationally publicized. This could be a sweeping change throughout the nation. Public Unions will have to start paying their "fair share" now!

ElKabong 06-05-2012 11:22 PM

gotta love how the Left talkingheads are framing this defeat..."we were outspent 7 to 1". The kids on the streets of Madison on cnn parrotted that same line. ......No facing the truth about this is the second time Walker beat Barrett @ the polls. The people of WI have spoken. Time to move on to the business of government that the people of WI voted for

Great day for Wisconsin. I'm proud and envious at the same time

ElKabong 06-05-2012 11:25 PM

Quote:

This could be a sweeping change throughout the nation. Public Unions will have to start paying their "fair share" now!

I hope you're right. If not in 2012, in 2014 / 2016....but I'd sure be onboard with 2012. Would be nice to get momentum from this election tonight.

ElKabong 06-05-2012 11:28 PM

Quote:

Tom Barrett is receiving Boo's and heckling from his own supporters in his concession speech. Rough crowd :p :bang:

This usually happens to those thrown under Obama's bus :)

elysiantraveller 06-06-2012 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElKabong

You're kidding right?

Our Governor has created a flat business tax, cut spending 5%, created jobs, and cut state pensioner's benefits.

He is currently facing recall threats and could very likely be the selection as the VP for the Romney camp.

mostpost 06-06-2012 12:35 AM

Quote:

Report: 119% Voter Turnout in Madison, WI

A Madison City Clerk has told a Wisconsin radio host that turnout for the area is expected at over 100%, up to 119%. What makes it all the more interesting is that this story comes from a far-left site.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...ent-in-madison

WAIT!!!! 119% LMAO..........oh you've got to love those libs........I am sure they got the dead turn out as well....lol

Did you read the explanation? The % is based on the number of voters registered as of election day. Wisconsin allows registration on election day. Let's say that 100 people were registered as of the opening of polling places. Then all of those people vote plus 19 who registered during the day; or 80 previously registered voters vote plus 39 newly registered; or any combination of those numbers. Now why they don't calculate the % based on the total registered at the end of the day, I don't know.

bigmack 06-06-2012 12:41 AM

Well, after a series of "We'll see, come June 5th" you have you answer.

What say you now, Mr. Most? Mr. Post?

(cue drum roll)

ElKabong 06-06-2012 12:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigmack
Well, after a series of "We'll see, come June 5th" you have you answer.

What say you now, Mr. Most? Mr. Post?

(cue drum roll)

We were outspent 7-1, wwwaaaaaawaaaaaaaaawaaaaaaaaaaaa.

BlueShoe 06-06-2012 12:45 AM

This election should never have happened. In the brief span of just 17 months in office, Walker has done a superb job in turning his state around. His reward for doing this is having to fend off an effort by the communist unions to remove him from office. Even in liberal Wisconsin a majority of it's citizens saw through the union sham. Did not view one minute of MSNBC, but perhaps I should have. According to comments on another site, the goons over there were sputtering and conjuring up all kinds of excuses for Walker's victory. Was said that Schultz was in an absolute tizzy, now that would have been worth a look.

ElKabong 06-06-2012 12:59 AM

Shultzy was very "down" and subdued on the late program. Stark contrast to the giddyness he and Grandholm (current tv) and others portrayed in the early shows before the polls closed

Their logic was, since there was a large voter turnout that meant Dems would rake in most of the votes, being a blue state. Reverse was true as we found out.

Must really suck for mosty and hcap and their like....Astro Turfers from Chicago and IL flooding WI in droves for months......all for nothing. The populace of a Blue State rejected the union agenda with vengeance. Where do they (union goons) go from here? Not far, that's for sure

mostpost 06-06-2012 12:59 AM

Now to the results in Wisconsin. If you think I am bitter, I am. There is another thread in this forum that talks about the evolution from unfettered capitalism to corporatism to fascism. I am convinced that we are headed that way. That may not be the intention of the people who are voting against unions and for corporations. It may not even be the intention of the politicians who are taking corporate money for their campaigns and supporting laws favored by those corporations.

I'm not talking about small businesses or even medium sized corporations. I'm talking about the big, multinational corporations and financial institutions. The ones that have no loyalty to this country, but only to the bottom line. These entities are gaining ever increasing power and anyone who can not see this is a fool. There will come a time when you will all say, "My God, what have I done?" And it will be too late.

I am astounded by how many people vote against their own interest. I am amazed by the people on this forum who argue against policies that would benefit them. Strong unions meant more safety, better working conditions and higher salaries. Weaker unions mean rollbacks in wages and benefits. Private companies running healthcare as a virtual monopoly means runaway costs. Healthcare reform would slow down those costs-or stop them. Low taxes mean reduced revenues and increasing debt. Higher taxes mean you can pay for needed services and lower the debt.

But the right operates on the theory that if you are rich you are good and if you are poor you are bad. So they vote for the powerful and against themselves because they know they are good and the know rich is good.

ElKabong 06-06-2012 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mostpost

I'm not talking about small businesses or even medium sized corporations. I'm talking about the big, multinational corporations and financial institutions.

You mean the ones that employ tens, or hundreds of thousands of employees?

OK.