Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Handicapping Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Team Handicapping Contest (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=164925)

geroge.burns99 05-30-2021 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by planks46d (Post 2727258)
:rolleyes:

If things dont get started this week , then its a bust

In the mean time , try out my "Race of Day" Threads

GB

headhawg 05-30-2021 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geroge.burns99 (Post 2727260)
If things dont get started this week , then its a bust

In the mean time , try out my "Race of Day" Threads

GB

Please take that attitude back to the HTR forum where Ken had to post a sticky about forum rules because of certain new members being stupid. I know who you are. I was gauging interest, not setting anything up just yet. If it's a bust, it's a bust. You're always in a hurry "geroge" - to get nowhere.

geroge.burns99 05-30-2021 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by headhawg (Post 2727295)
Please take that attitude back to the HTR forum where Ken had to post a sticky about forum rules because of certain new members being stupid. I know who you are. I was gauging interest, not setting anything up just yet. If it's a bust, it's a bust. You're always in a hurry "geroge" - to get nowhere.

My apology for being anxious .....

Just wanna inject some Horse Racing stuff back in forum...as I did with the Race of Day....

If it doesn't happen , then it doesn't.....

Hope dyslexia doesn't hit anyone you know...

GB

trifecta 05-30-2021 05:45 PM

I'd like to play, Headhawg, if anybody would like to pick me up as a teammate.

Thanks for doing this. :ThmbUp:

headhawg 05-30-2021 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by planks46d (Post 2727258)
:rolleyes:

et tu, planks46? :lol:

NorCalGreg 05-31-2021 08:54 PM

I'm still trying to figure out who that "geroge" dude is...I think it's mikesal.

PaceAdvantage 05-31-2021 09:10 PM

It's actually amazing.

You know how many people I've mistakenly banned?

Zero.

Over 20+ years.

:lol::lol:

CheckMark 05-31-2021 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NorCalGreg (Post 2727733)
I'm still trying to figure out who that "geroge" dude is...I think it's mikesal.

:rip::pound:

Or the ghost of mikesal wanting revenge

Still don’t get it either why you would try to hide yourself because....

mhaney0423 06-01-2021 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage (Post 2727736)
It's actually amazing.

Zero.

Over 20+ years.

This gave me a huge belly laugh:lol::lol::lol: Well played sir!!

stuball 06-02-2021 09:29 AM

Hmmmmm

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage (Post 2727736)
It's actually amazing.

Zero.

Over 20+ years.

So what would that average out to (In round numbers)? :puke::puke::puke::puke::puke:

mrhorseplayer 06-02-2021 11:28 AM

contest sounds fun, not sure my old teamates are on anymore, however would be interested in playing a team contest.

headhawg 06-02-2021 12:09 PM

I am trying to make this happen. I have been chatting with Track Collector, a member who did such a great job with the previous team contests. He made me fully aware how labor-intensive and time consuming this is. I don't have a problem with committing time on Saturdays. I am more concerned about getting the scores right and the players being patient if I don't post results 10 seconds after the races finish. I don't need the bitching and moaning, frankly. With nearly 50 members being interested this should be fun. My original plan was to just plant the seed hoping that someone else would try to run this. That didn't quite work out as planned. In fact, I might not even play now because I will be focused on running this thing. Dammit! :D

Some basic things for players to know; consider these unofficial rules subject to change:
  • This is a team contest. A one-person team will not be eligible. Probably going with a three-person team as in previous contests, but maybe just two people per team.
  • This won't be any kind of inter-board contest as before. PA members only. As before, you will be required to acknowledge that and agree to the rules of the contest. Every team member must do this. It might also be a good idea to have one person on the team an established PA member. This will be Mike's call, but I don't think any of us want last minute noobies scarfing up all the great prizes, never to be heard from again. :lol:
  • Races will be posted in advance. PA Mike chose the races for the previous contests. Maybe I can convince him to be the race selector again. Previous contests used races that had free PPs available. That might not be the case for this contest. The object would be to pick good races within a reasonably close time frame.
  • There will only be one valid selection post per team. Once a team member posts selections, those are the ones used. So make sure to communicate with everyone on the team so that there is no confusion about whose turn it is to post picks.
Again I recommend reading the rules from the previous team contests. I don't think I am going to stray to far away from what has already worked. The only thing I am unsure of is the scoring. I'm thinking just WPS and no exactas, but feel free to post opinions in this thread.

chiefcrazybear 06-03-2021 06:18 AM

contest

Hottalkes would like to enter.2 members cant sign in to post?

headhawg 06-03-2021 08:17 AM

There is no contest registration yet; I don't expect anything to be formalized for two or three more weeks. When things are ready to go, there will be a new thread in the contest section of the board with official rules and a place to register the team. If people can't sign in to PaceAdvantage, that's a different problem and not something I am in control of.

handycapmike7 06-04-2021 12:04 PM

contest

I will be the 2nd member of the Hottalkers team with ChiefCrazyBear

handycapmike7