Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Substitute Announcer, Race (1) at Oak Tree (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63004)

toetoe 10-24-2009 07:40 PM

Substitute Announcer, Race (1) at Oak Tree

He sounded like Ehrlich, the Cal Expo guy, though it's too far from Sacramento on a work day.

Whoever it was made a quite cruel comment, saying one horse was so far back, it was "like he's got Kirstie Alley on his back." Thank God she's a public figure (sorry :blush: ) --- I don't feel so bad for laughing like mad.

DarrenClarke 10-24-2009 07:59 PM

It was Rick Reilly of ESPN/SI. This will be on the breeders cup telecast.

craigbraddick 10-24-2009 09:12 PM

This does racecalling no favors. There are callers out there who work hard and would appreciate the chance to call a race at a bigger track to help them move up the ladder.

Crap like this is belittling and sleazy.

Craig.

juanepstein 10-24-2009 09:36 PM

i was entered in a piggy back race with kirstie alley.

hes a %100 correct

Donnie 10-24-2009 09:44 PM

Wow. And I should bet my money there? Raising the takeout and putting comedians behind the mike....?? Guess that's what we get for our money.

Imriledup 10-24-2009 09:48 PM

I'm surprised Marv Albert wasnt' there to call race 2.

Zman179 10-24-2009 09:56 PM

Leave the jokes to Larry Lederman, at least he does it with taste.

Joey D 10-24-2009 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by craigbraddick
This does racecalling no favors. There are callers out there who work hard and would appreciate the chance to call a race at a bigger track to help them move up the ladder.

Craig.

I agree wholeheartedly, Craig. That was terrible. I know it's hard to do a race live like that, but that guy completely butchered it. And that remark at the end about testing the horse who won. What was that?

Wow..such a beautiful racetrack and to watch what is happening there just makes me sad.

Tom 10-24-2009 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juanepstein
i was entered in a piggy back race with kirstie alley.

hes a %100 correct

Who was riding? :eek:

I heard that call - it was FAR better than anything I heard out of Churchill all year.:bang:

Show Me the Wire 10-25-2009 12:02 AM

A program of guest announcers leading up to the B.C. It is to make all the Trevor bashers appreciate him more. ;)

Really how difficult can it be to call a race? I believe it is plain and simple propoganda to make us think announcers have a difficult job. :D

Now singing take me out to the ballgame as a guest singer at Wrigley Field is really, really dificult, I mean singing it well, like Ozzy Osbourne :lol:

jballscalls 10-25-2009 12:21 AM

I like guest announcers when they are fun, i thought Bobby Flay was lots of fun to listen to. The guy today was trying to be funny and just wasn't. We had a local portland disc jockey that wanted to do it, it was fun for his listeners to hear him butcher the call and everyone had fun.

but i don't think it's a disservice to announcers at all. if you want to go call a race at Santa anita, go ask Trevor, i'm sure he'd let ya call one

Fingal 10-25-2009 12:49 AM

Lighten up, it was just an one time stunt for ESPN. And the comment Riley made at the end " Somebody test that horse ! " .....doesn't every winner have a post race medication test anyway ? :confused:

v j stauffer 10-25-2009 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by craigbraddick

Craig.

Lame post.

Marlin 10-25-2009 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by v j stauffer
Lame post.

Great post.

Tom 10-25-2009 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marlin
Great post.

OK post.