Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   DQ or no DQ you be the judge (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=118081)

Mineshaft 11-01-2014 09:33 PM

DQ or no DQ you be the judge

should Bayern or Toast of NY should of been taken down?

Mineshaft 11-01-2014 09:34 PM

Bayern should of not been taken down

But you can make a point for Taste of NY definetely

husker du 11-01-2014 09:38 PM

bayern taken down

husker du 11-01-2014 09:39 PM

Baffert gift

If Baffert was not the trainer he would have come down no doubt!!!

Mineshaft 11-01-2014 09:41 PM

I know one thing Mike Smith is one pissed off dude.

got taken wide by Victor in the Awesome Again and now today. I would not want to be on the side of Mike in the near future for fear of him hitting someone with his whip. Dude is pissed off..

Redboard 11-01-2014 09:45 PM

No. I have never seen a horse taken down for what he did at the first 30 yards of a race. Unless he completely turns into the field and knocks somebody down and completely out of the race.

Stillriledup 11-01-2014 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mineshaft
I know one thing Mike Smith is one pissed off dude.

got taken wide by Victor in the Awesome Again and now today. I would not want to be on the side of Mike in the near future for fear of him hitting someone with his whip. Dude is pissed off..

And, ironically, he rides a lot of really good horses for Baffert.

mabred 11-01-2014 09:46 PM

Stewards have no balls.Should have come down!!!

The 6 moved up.It cost him a placing!!!

terrible no call

Mabred

husker du 11-01-2014 09:53 PM

The Horse did not keep a straight course he affected the outcome of the race . i dont know what else you need to see it was obvious

PICSIX 11-01-2014 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mabred
Stewards have no balls.Should have come down!!!

The 6 moved up.It cost him a placing!!!

terrible no call

Mabred

Also took out Moreno, the horse that would have applied pace pressure. Coming over 4 paths is far worse than the "one jump out of the gate stuff" that is typical of horse racing.

tophatmert 11-01-2014 10:02 PM

For me it is simple . When the jockey(Garcia) causes all of the problem the horse must come down . Bayern didn't want to bear in , Garcia took him there. This was not incidental gate contact , it was a tactic.

madera12227 11-01-2014 10:07 PM

if Bayern does not affect Moreno. Bayern might of tired out because Moreno was going to run next to him. Tuff call for the stewards to make. However, the Santa Anita steward are never consistent. They are horrible when it comes to fairness.

deathandgravity 11-01-2014 10:08 PM

Down & I had him on my P4 ticket. (knocked out previous race)

olddaddy 11-01-2014 10:08 PM

If I was a steward today I would have taken down bayern because I had toast of ny as a live double.

OntheRail 11-01-2014 10:12 PM

Should of been DQ'd and placed last. Jock should get days... weeks... months to think about it. This is racing not last mount standing... could of been real ugly if horses went down. Bet Mike would like to bitch slap em'.