Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic - General (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Petty Politics May Close Christie's Lane to the White House (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=109911)

Ocala Mike 01-08-2014 06:55 PM

Petty Politics May Close Christie's Lane to the White House

NJ Stinks 01-08-2014 07:18 PM

This is kind of like Watergate in that Nixon didn't need to do anything stupid to get re-elected. :rolleyes:

Robert Goren 01-08-2014 09:26 PM

I know I shouldn't be by now, but I never cease to be amazed by the pettiness of republicans. It is to hell with everybody but one of their own.

woodtoo 01-08-2014 09:44 PM

Petty politics takes its toll, big time.He may be able to tip toe through this
but I doubt it was his idea either way.

Rookies 01-08-2014 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ocala Mike

I believe I received an e-mail on this one about 3 weeks ago. This type of low brow trash payback might have snuck under the radar in the 60s.

Today, pols can't fart without it being on U Tube inside of 15 minutes! If you are playing a blinder today, you better be all alone in the forest and have checked for all the HD cameras. :rolleyes:

davew 01-08-2014 11:16 PM

Did the nsa just get around to reading those snagged emails?

It will be interesting to see what 'will be held accountable' means to Christie - will he let them give press conferences and get better positions like Osama ?

JustRalph 01-08-2014 11:53 PM

Christie gets what he deserves

It's New Jersey. I'm sure this is babysh$t compared to some other sh&t that goes on.........the Sopranos was in no way fiction

highnote 01-09-2014 01:41 AM

I doubt this will change voters' minds.

Christie supporters will still support him and anti-Christie voters will have confirmation that they are not going to vote for him.

It's petty and an abuse of power, but I've seen worse. It's not even clear if Christie is linked to this except by association.

The people who orchestrated this have more to gain than Christie. If their man gets elected they get cushier jobs and a lot more money and power.

Greyfox 01-09-2014 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by highnote
I doubt this will change voters' minds.

This has the potential to be a terrible stain on Christie and absolutely could ruin any aspirations that he might have about the Presidency.
Thousands of people were in gridlock for several days.
Ambulances couldn't get through. One of those ambulances included people in a serious m.v.a. (I never heard what happened to them.)
Children couldn't get to school.
Thousands of man hours in commercial activity was lost.
The potential for criminal charges and civil suits is definitely in the picture.
The truth will surface and if Christie is directly linked to this skulduggery, he will be in major trouble. He won't get support from either side of the aisle on this crap.
So far he has not handled it well, preferring simply to issue a statement on paper.
He needs to go to Fort Lee and meet the citizens there and clear this up.
The sooner the better.

HUSKER55 01-09-2014 07:48 AM

if christie can't get by this type of political bullshit then he deserves to go under.

Ocala Mike 01-09-2014 12:28 PM

Seems to be doing a pretty good job of wiggling out of this during this presser on now. God help him, though, if they find something with his fingerprints on this.

johnhannibalsmith 01-09-2014 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ocala Mike
Seems to be doing a pretty good job of wiggling out of this during this presser on now. God help him, though, if they find something with his fingerprints on this.

Did a great job campaigning against the perception of how the current guy handles similar "scandals". For a guy that claims he isn't even thinking about 2016, it seemed like the whole 90 minutes was by designed a rebuttal of current protocol for handling like events.

On the second point, something tells me his fingerprints are going to be found all over it. Seemed like a lot of contrast in how he answered certain questions. I'm no body language expert, but I do like to know when I'm being lied to and if someone is trying to sell me on what they are telling me with the amount of gesticulations he was uncorking and ending countless sentences by trying to chew off his lips, I'd be a little skeptical.

Tom 01-09-2014 12:43 PM

He is looking very presidential today -
Didn't know nothing, no one told him, everyone lied to him, not his fault.....back up the bus.

Jerk.
Might as well give Obama a third term as put this idiot in the WH.
At least we save on the moving costs.

Ocala Mike 01-09-2014 12:52 PM

Tom, you're on to something. He's just an overweight male version of Hillary; expect him to pull a "what difference does it make?" any minute now.

Greyfox 01-09-2014 12:59 PM

I just watched Christie's press conference and he seems genuine when he says that he had nothing to do with it.
But I wonder how bright this guy is?
When the bridge was snarled up with traffic, he was told about it.
He asked appropriate people what was going on and he was told "It was a traffic study."
At that point the penny should have dropped and he should have insisted that there must be another way to study traffic without reducing a bridge to one lane.
He should have ordered the bridge opened immediately.
God help America if he ever becomes President. The smarts just aren't there.