Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic - Trading The Financial Markets (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=96)
-   -   Stock Market Prediction (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=133768)

AltonKelsey 10-24-2018 01:38 PM

I enjoy 5 year predictions

Gives the seer lots of time to enjoy not being wrong

Saratoga_Mike 10-24-2018 01:52 PM

25k to 35k on Dow would be roughly 7% CAGR...nothing special. We'll see if 25k was a good starting point.

cj 10-24-2018 05:19 PM

Brutal day today.

AltonKelsey 10-24-2018 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cj (Post 2386685)
Brutal day today.

Only if you're long.

I happened to be in a rare position a few weeks a go , not really that large .

I took what amounted to easy money , not wishing to become an investor . I like to sleep at night,

In the ensuing few weeks since I sold, the position would have moved 10,000 against me.

PS This was not some day trading screamer or penny stock garbage, but an industrial.

Tape Reader 10-24-2018 09:26 PM

IBM?

AltonKelsey 10-24-2018 11:29 PM

No , probably a stock you never heard of , but many have gotten clocked of the past few weeks.

Tape Reader 10-24-2018 11:37 PM

SFOR?

reckless 10-25-2018 09:03 AM

Since I personally believe this recent stock market dive and volatility are based mostly on political factors and little else, I stepped in yesterday (Wed.,) and scooped up shares of LAZ, CBS, BK and ACN -- all now selling at ridiculously low valuations to their intrinsic value.

Of course, I instantly knew I was in trouble when I put in bids 10-15 cents below the last trade, and they were all filled just seconds after I hit the send button. :lol::lol:

If this bloodbath truly remains until Election Day, I might go back in if certain stocks hit a price point I want.

Good luck to everyone.

PS--Just saw this. The DOW futures look to be way up this a.m. The opening prices doesn't mean as much any more than in the past, IMO.

AltonKelsey 10-25-2018 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tape Reader (Post 2386833)
SFOR?

I said a stock. Not a fantasy

Buckeye 10-26-2018 02:04 AM

I predict the Market will go up unless it goes down.

I already said that!

One more day left in the week. I'm not a trader although I could have been.

I am now simply an observer and along for the ride.

PaceAdvantage 10-26-2018 04:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckeye (Post 2387236)
I predict the Market will go up unless it goes down.

I already said that!

One more day left in the week. I'm not a trader although I could have been.

I am now simply an observer and along for the ride.

If you are who I think you are...goddamn it...:mad:

PICSIX 10-26-2018 05:35 AM

NASDAQ futures down 275 points this morning. FAANG stocks have lost their bite. Which stocks will be the new leaders out of this correction???

AltonKelsey 10-26-2018 12:37 PM

I love these epic rallies.

Makes the longs who stay in feel much better about themselves

PICSIX 10-28-2018 08:10 AM

Market Timing

1 Attachment(s)
My intermediate timing indicator has triggered a sell signal (red down arrow located on the chart on the right-hand side). My long-term indicator (chart on left) shows we've really gotten extended and it will be extremely painful if we correct to the lower moving average!

sour grapes 10-28-2018 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PICSIX (Post 2388261)
My intermediate timing indicator has triggered a sell signal (red down arrow located on the chart on the right-hand side). My long-term indicator (chart on left) shows we've really gotten extended and it will be extremely painful if we correct to the lower moving average!

gee thanks for the heads up,after we have dropped 10% and many sectors are in bear markets you get a sell signal,ill take the contrarian view and predict we will be at new highs next year.Your TA is worthless.