Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic - Trading The Financial Markets (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=96)
-   -   Stock Market Prediction (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=133768)

FakeNameChanged 08-24-2020 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamboguy (Post 2645612)
its going to take at least 2 years for the worlds economy to make a significant bounce. in our country we have lost a net amount of 13 million jobs and it doesn't look like its going to get better soon.

but copper should come back in a big way 2 years from now. within 5 years i think it will be $5 a pound in today's dollars. if the dollar gets weaker it will be higher. right now copper is slightly under $3,00 per pound. natural gas probably going to follow the same ro
ute as copper. that would be a humungus move in that market.

Economist at Goldman Sachs predicts that 25% of workforce laid off, will not be coming back, ever.

lamboguy 08-25-2020 10:11 AM

Exon was on the dow 30 for 93 years and got kicked out today. Honneywel got kicked 12 years ago, now back on.

PaceAdvantage 08-25-2020 10:13 AM

Easy for the "market" to keep going up when you kick the losers out every now and then...lol

lamboguy 08-25-2020 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage (Post 2645905)
Easy for the "market" to keep going up when you kick the losers out every now and then...lol

as far as i can see, oil is not going away. that being said i don't think i would be buying Exon. they are to much of a financial company these days, but Chevron or BP might be the way to go if they hit them good for now.

lamboguy 08-25-2020 10:18 AM

i have been tradking on Interactive Brokers, and they are real good. i get great fills and fast as hell.

for the record, i don't own the stock and never have.

lamboguy 08-25-2020 10:54 AM

right now gold is banging down to the 2011 highs. it only stayed at that high for a few months, so that means to me there isn't that much support there.

long term meaning 3 months or more, i think gold is going to $2700, but that doesn't mean the broker dealers and bankers can't drag it down to $1825.

the price is at a very precarious spot right now. as physco as silver is, it looks better for now.

lamboguy 08-25-2020 10:57 AM

Rocket mortgage knows the mortgage market better than anyone. they know the amount of new business and refi's by the orders they get. legally someone there can do insider trading with the info they have.

Secondbest 08-25-2020 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamboguy (Post 2645924)
right now gold is banging down to the 2011 highs. it only stayed at that high for a few months, so that means to me there isn't that much support there.

long term meaning 3 months or more, i think gold is going to $2700, but that doesn't mean the broker dealers and bankers can't drag it down to $1825.

the price is at a very precarious spot right now. as physco as silver is, it looks better for now.

Gold had its run for the time being. Has to form a new base.

lamboguy 08-25-2020 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Secondbest (Post 2645949)
Gold had its run for the time being. Has to form a new base.

i don't know if it needs a base below, but you might be right. it needs to stay above 1012 for starters, if it falls below that it will need a base to liftoff of.

if you are holding physical metal, i wouldn't sell it looking for a less of a number to get back into. it just doesn't make sense these days with the premiums involved.

lamboguy 08-26-2020 08:14 AM

price of gold regged?

lamboguy 08-26-2020 02:27 PM

i think that people are going to buy Apple, Tesla, Amazon, Facebook, Salesforce.......FOREVER

the analysts covering those stocks are much smarter than myself. these stocks don't even pull back for 10 minutes, they just go with gas.

lamboguy 08-26-2020 03:40 PM

you try to short the S+P and they have all the above company;s in it.

lamboguy 08-26-2020 04:13 PM

this fed chairman Powell is the best i have ever seen. he is going to keep interest rates at ZERO for the next 5 years. in case Biden gets in, i hope he doesn't fire him.

lamboguy 08-27-2020 04:49 PM

today there was a bear market, it lasted all of 4 minutes.

lamboguy 08-28-2020 10:22 AM

Wallmart wants to be partners with Microsoft to buy Tic Tok. i wonder if 6 months ago if the board of directors at Wallmart ever even heard of Tik Tok