Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   HRTV on DirecTV (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92438)

delayjf 03-17-2012 08:04 PM

HRTV on DirecTV

Crusing through the channels and I was shocked to see HRTV on DirecTV - how long has this been going on??

CincyHorseplayer 03-17-2012 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by delayjf
Crusing through the channels and I was shocked to see HRTV on DirecTV - how long has this been going on??

What channel?I didn't know this either.

ElKabong 03-18-2012 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CincyHorseplayer
What channel?I didn't know this either.

No chit.....I can't find it.....

if true, good news

thespaah 03-18-2012 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by delayjf

Not listed on Directv's website.
You may have been watching a replay of a race "courtesy of HRTV".
If HRTV became part of the Directv lineup, I'd switch from Dish in a New York minute.

David-LV 03-18-2012 12:24 AM

Dish may have an exclusive on the HRTV signal among the two satellite companies.
People have been calling on DirectTV to get HRTV for years to no avail.

________
David-LV

CincyHorseplayer 03-18-2012 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElKabong
No chit.....I can't find it.....

if true, good news

This is crapola obviously brochacho.We've been duped!!

usedtolovetvg 03-18-2012 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David-LV
Dish may have an exclusive on the HRTV signal among the two satellite companies.
People have been calling on DirectTV to get HRTV for years to no avail.

________
David-LV

DirecTV does not just put a channel on their system. They charge for all niche programming like horse racing. Most likely, Uncle Frank doesn't want to pay the premium. There is also a chance, but not likely, that TVG has an exclusive agreement to be the only horse racing station on DTV.

alhattab 03-18-2012 02:04 PM

Maybe it has something to do with this announcement about HRTV being on KVMD? The KVMD website says it is on Directv channel 31 I presume on a local package?

http://m.santaanita.com/press/pressr...ta-winter-meet

PaceAdvantage 03-18-2012 04:08 PM

I'm still waiting for it to come to Cablevision...would be nice to have both TVG and HRTV....

affirmedny 03-18-2012 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
I'm still waiting for it to come to Cablevision...would be nice to have both TVG and HRTV....

Get FIOS if you can, I have both channels for $7 a month and service is way better than cable for both internet and TV IMO.

Canarsie 03-19-2012 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage

You and me both I just wrote them a letter about it with a somewhat canned rsponse. Maybe if we can get all Cablevision customers to call on a specific day something might happen. They do say the more people asking has an influence though I'm not buying it no NFL Network. The problem is HRTV doesn't wan't to pay a fee to be broadcast yet wants to charge you near $100 a year for their web feed. Preposterous I must say.

elhelmete 03-19-2012 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alhattab
Maybe it has something to do with this announcement about HRTV being on KVMD? The KVMD website says it is on Directv channel 31 I presume on a local package?

http://m.santaanita.com/press/pressr...ta-winter-meet

KVMD is an obscure (IMHO) local Los Angeles channel, and HRTV agreed to let them carry their signal I think Friday thru Sunday for the Santa Anita meet. Not having DirectTV, I can't comment on whether KVMD was part of a package DirectTV carries nationwide.

usedtolovetvg 03-19-2012 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elhelmete
KVMD is an obscure (IMHO) local Los Angeles channel, and HRTV agreed to let them carry their signal I think Friday thru Sunday for the Santa Anita meet. Not having DirectTV, I can't comment on whether KVMD was part of a package DirectTV carries nationwide.

DirecTV gives you all your local channels as part of your package. I assume that HRTV shows up only in the Socal area via KVMD.

thespaah 03-19-2012 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canarsie
You and me both I just wrote them a letter about it with a somewhat canned rsponse. Maybe if we can get all Cablevision customers to call on a specific day something might happen. They do say the more people asking has an influence though I'm not buying it no NFL Network. The problem is HRTV doesn't wan't to pay a fee to be broadcast yet wants to charge you near $100 a year for their web feed. Preposterous I must say.

Perhaps a writing campaign to BOTH CVC and HRTV will be more effective

Canarsie 03-19-2012 02:36 PM

[QUOTE=thespaah]Perhaps a writing campaign to BOTH CVC and HRTV will be more effective[/QUOTE

I wrote to HRTV there was no response. I asked them to consider lowering their web price since it was basically out of touch with other web content. Their in the same league as Keeneland and others who say "damn " the customer who complains.

You wonder why certain companies go belly up even though Keeneland usually gets good grades.